Beslan to Sukumi-Babushara Engine Spluttering?

imacken

The switch on the left is the fuel pump, the lever on the right below the fuel guage is fuel tank pressure.

Page 129 states in the Pre-flight: "fuel tank booster valves must be in the OFF position"

Page 142 section 8 clearly states: "Fuel boost valve must be set to off. Switch on only in response to the red light signaling a loss of fuel pressure (lower than 10lb/in²)"

The main fuel valve is on for start. The fuel pump is on only when running and the booster gets put on when required (when the light is on). Not following the DCS spitfire manual will get you in trouble regardless of the real thing. Altitude is fun.

I read this morning that a Spitfire went over 50,000 feet at one time.

I turn it (fuel booster) on when the light is on. I never have any trouble and I fly hours a day and going over the mountains is part of my daily regime.

Edited by DeepDrummer

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

Whoa. I got the sputtering without the light yesterday. I was climbing up over 20,000 but the rpm was always above 1800 and heats and pressures were good.

It's a good job I read this post. I wobble pumped the snot out of it and it picked up so I flipped on the tank pressure and all was well. Lesson learned. Trust your gut.

Never say never. My bad.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth