G13 for DCS ?

good question....i mean the keys works for sure.....what would be intreresting is the small lcd screen....could be used for example in the f18 UFC, or AV8B left panel

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Yep, I used one for the A-10C UFC back in the days before vr. As for the lcd, I used it for incoming news but it can be used for loads of stuff (not sure if anything relevant for DCS though)

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Hi,

I use a G13 with oculus & Mirage 2000 module in a really simple way. No need for mouse, everything is mapped to the hotas & G13. (For exemple, all INS button are mapped, It's no more needed to use mouse to enter coordinates...)

(No use for the screen as I play in RV)

The way M-2000 key mapping entries (in control menu) is done is great ! It's easier to adapt to you hotas/controller than any other module I own.

I9 9900k | RTX 2080 | RAM: 32Gb | DCS Installed on SSD, W10 on another SSD | 1440p Screen | Trackir 5 | HP Reverb G1 | Hotas Warthog + Microsoft force feedback 2 stick + MFG Crosswind Pedals + Homemade 5 axis and  lots of button box.

G13 is a nifty device, but requires a bit of setting up.

Mine gets the most use in DCS flying the Ka-50. I've got the targeting panel configured to the bottom right of it and it sits to the left of my throttle in my obutto frame, and I've got my keyboard on a tray that swivels out to the right, so I also ended up setting the autopilot panel to ins/home/delete/end/pgup/pgdn and like one button from the numpad. I've also set the countermeasures to the right side of the numpad on my keyboard so basically, in a combat situation anything a real ka-50 pilot would have to take his hands off the cyclic or collective for I mimic.

I also use the g-13 thumbstick for the left stick in the Viggen on the rare occasion that I fly it.

You could map any switch or button press you wanted to it, and it has 3 profiles or 3 functions per button/joystick. You simply program the keybind from in the game to your chosen buttons in the G13. Every single key is programmable, so it's a viable option to eliminate mouse usage. You can even program key combinations aka macros.

It also operates my landing gear, but doesn't get a lot of use from me beyond that mostly because I can assign most things to my hotas. I could see it getting a little confusing trying to use it for MFD usage, but I plan to get a set of TM MFD's at some point.

Food for thought.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

I use it as the ICP in F-16 in BMS as well as the Harrier and will do the same in the F-18 in DCS. If found the tactile feel of pushing buttons is quicker and more immersive. I use it in conjunction with the Cougar MFD's.

Edited by FA_Crazy-Canuck

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

it is possible to use the screen for the Hornet ufc?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

Just picked up a G13 and mapping the PCN keypad to it works just great. But is it also possible to get the PCN screen on the G13 LCD?

from what i understand there is no simple way

con falcon bms there is a program called aic that manages to drive the g13 screen.

in Dcs we have dcs bios but i don’t know if it is possible to use it.

I am trying to figure it out but no one answers.

I don’t have yet the g13 (difficult to find it)

but i am looking for one of it to use ad a hornet ufc and using that screen for the upper ufc screen would be really nice

from what i understand there is no simple way

con falcon bms there is a program called aic that manages to drive the g13 screen.

in Dcs we have dcs bios but i don’t know if it is possible to use it.

I am trying to figure it out but no one answers.

I don’t have yet the g13 (difficult to find it)

but i am looking for one of it to use ad a hornet ufc and using that screen for the upper ufc screen would be really nice

The G13 hard to find? There is plenty on ebay.

Would be interesting for me too - I unpacked my old one, haven't used in years. But I think it might be usefull for DCS...

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record

• 2 months later...

Hello, I made software for DCS: F/A-18C Hornet and Logitech G13, so you can use it as UFC.

It displays all UFC information, like scratchpad, five option displays and COMM channels. I also included fuel totaliser to make use of this empty space. Four buttons below display act as COMM knobs. You still need to map keyboard, using Logitech Software and in game options.

This software should work with other G-series keyboards with monochrome display.

Here's the link, I hope there's more than just me using G13.

https://github.com/specel/specelUFC

6euhx3ezfwj21.jpg

• Like 1

looking great!

I have a G13 but can´t find the proper usage with VR

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

• 9 months later...

Hi all G13 users I need you help regarding Logitech G13 and thread

I bought used G13 and I can't get it working... Feel dumb, how difficult can be configure G13.

I assign keystroke to keys, assign profile to dcs.exe file and make profile active, but nothing happens when I hit keys.

Then I discover problem with Logitech Gaming Virtual Bus Enumerator Driver:

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Bad Image}

%hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x"

I have driver version 8.85.75.0 from 2016-06-13.

Window 10 1909 x64

Latest Logitech Gaming Software 9.02.65 from 2018-10-08

EDIT:

Solution was turn off Core Isolation Memory Integrity as suggested here:

after reboot driver was running fine!

Can you check at your side, and which driver you have and where to find correct driver.

Edited by emc

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

Hi all G13 users I need you help regarding Logitech G13 and thread

I bought used G13 and I can't get it working... Feel dumb, how difficult can be configure G13.

I assign keystroke to keys, assign profile to dcs.exe file and make profile active, but nothing happens when I hit keys.

Then I discover problem with Logitech Gaming Virtual Bus Enumerator Driver:

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Bad Image}

%hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x"

I have driver version 8.85.75.0 from 2016-06-13.

Window 10 1909 x64

Latest Logitech Gaming Software 9.02.65 from 2018-10-08

EDIT:

Solution was turn off Core Isolation Memory Integrity as suggested here:

after reboot driver was running fine!

Can you check at your side, and which driver you have and where to find correct driver.

I think it´s easier to configure if you just bind the keys and commands using DCS controls interface, instead of Logitech profiles.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I think it´s easier to configure if you just bind the keys and commands using DCS controls interface, instead of Logitech profiles.

Yeah maybe but due to driver error G13 didn't show up in DCS settings. And even now when I fix it it is only JOYBTN1 available in G13 column. Anyway... it is working via LGS...

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin