AI wingmen too slow

Dr_Arrow

Recently, I've found that AI wingmen are not able to keep formation with me when flying L-39C. Yesterday I was cruising at 4000 m at 500 km/h IAS with engine set to cruise mode 99.6%. AI wingman was able to do only 400 km/h IAS and was trailing many kilometers behind. I think there might be something off with L-39C AI flight model or control logic.

According to the manual, the cruise speed is 85%. Maybe the ai was flown at 85%.

According to the manual cruise setting for the engine AI-25TL is 99.6% HPC (High pressure compressor) revs - Needle 1, see page 91. At 85% HPC revs at 4000 you will be going at 350 km/h or less, hardly a cruise speed. AI had the same power setting as me, but was doing only 400 km/h. Although this might translate to 85% of Low pressure compressor revs - but engine settings for AI-25TL are given for HPC as the LPC is not controlled and its revolutions vary.

Edited by Dr_Arrow

Must apologize. Have the text in the manual always misinterpreted. I have the 85% always referred to the pointer position in the display.

As you wrote it, it is of course correct. So the small markings on the thrust lever also make sense again.

Must apologize. Have the text in the manual always misinterpreted. I have the 85% always referred to the pointer position in the display.

As you wrote it, it is of course correct. So the small markings on the thrust lever also make sense again.

Nothing to apologize for, I am glad it is clear. Anyway AI should be able to keep up with this power setting without problems.