Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

Well, it's a bit late to try another approach now, unfortunately :(

Question, how much threadlock have you found on your cams and screws?

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noted awhile back when I first got my T50CM Base the section where the rubber flange sits on the base of the stick.There is a gap there, you can see directly into the housing,you can see the working parts when you move the stick around. I was thinking about putting another rubber boot over this piece to prevent dust from accumulating in there and causing problems after awhile..Has anyone else tried to cover this piece over?At the moment I have just got a hankercheif wrapped and knotted around it.I really do not like the thought of dust getting in there on such and expensive piece of equipment. I know there is a dust cover option but that is not really going to stop stuff accumulating in side the works.

Edited by Dinga

I noted awhile back when I first got my T50CM Base the section where the rubber flange sits on the base of the stick.There is a gap there, you can see directly into the housing,you can see the working parts when you move the stick around. I was thinking about putting another rubber boot over this piece to prevent dust from accumulating in there and causing problems after awhile..Has anyone else tried to cover this piece over?At the moment I have just got a hankercheif wrapped and knotted around it.I really do not like the thought of dust getting in there on such and expensive piece of equipment. I know there is a dust cover option but that is not really going to stop stuff accumulating in side the works.

Agreed, I pointed that out when I first got my T-50 in a little review I did on my first impressions.

They really need a rubber boot there that encloses that area much better than what they have now. It should be completely covered.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Agreed, I pointed that out when I first got my T-50 in a little review I did on my first impressions.

They really need a rubber boot there that encloses that area much better than what they have now. It should be completely covered.

Sorry I missed your review dburne.I am thinking of sawing a piece of rubber boot off a wrecked front wheel drive.I am sure they will have plenty lying around at my local wrecking yard.Trying to think where else you might get something suitable.

Edited by Dinga

Nice job with the boot!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I use part of wife's old black collant. Cheap, easy, adjustable.

Pic from my Arduino thread (sorry, I don't have a better one atm - my Virpil stuff and the T-50 are disassembled in a wardrobe): https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/268800846739800064/434280641496875008/IMG_20180316_133807.jpg

..so, has anyone managed to contact support? 4-5 days go between each reply (now 15 days and counting); at this rate I might get my problem fixed in 2019. I know they are busy but damn.. :noexpression:

full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"

Nice job with the boot!

I use part of wife's old black collant. Cheap, easy, adjustable.

Pic from my Arduino thread (sorry, I don't have a better one atm - my Virpil stuff and the T-50 are disassembled in a wardrobe): https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/268800846739800064/434280641496875008/IMG_20180316_133807.jpg

..so, has anyone managed to contact support? 4-5 days go between each reply (now 15 days and counting); at this rate I might get my problem fixed in 2019. I know they are busy but damn.. :noexpression:

Cheers dburne .Thanks for taking a look at my boot:music_whistling:

Hi Karon ,not heard of that one before.I take it a collant is a stocking!Hard to see in the photo like you say.

Sorry to hear you are having to wait for your problem to get sorted also.

Yep, tights. It prevents dust or anything else to fall in and can be easily adjusted. It's held in place by two rubber bands.

full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"

While the F-18C module is coming out today I keep asking myself if VIRPIL should release an F-18 Replica Grip? Actually, I am wondering if it is feasible to offer a Replica sticks for any (the more prominent) DCS modules...? While I can understand that Replica Sticks might have a possibly limited audience I am wondering how much design work needs to go into a regular replica grip... Its a piece of plastic and some switches... (isnt it basically? Forgive my ignorance... ;) ) Are there any licence issues? Not sure about this, but I really would want to buy a F-18 Grip (+Throttle Grips!) from Virpil instead of Thrustmaster... The F-18 will be the next flagship module for DCS for the next couple of years (I am sure...) so I think it would be really a good investment from Virpil?

Would really be interested if you agree or disagree?

While the F-18C module is coming out today I keep asking myself if VIRPIL should release an F-18 Replica Grip? Actually, I am wondering if it is feasible to offer a Replica sticks for any (the more prominent) DCS modules...? While I can understand that Replica Sticks might have a possibly limited audience I am wondering how much design work needs to go into a regular replica grip... Its a piece of plastic and some switches... (isnt it basically? Forgive my ignorance... ;) ) Are there any licence issues? Not sure about this, but I really would want to buy a F-18 Grip (+Throttle Grips!) from Virpil instead of Thrustmaster... The F-18 will be the next flagship module for DCS for the next couple of years (I am sure...) so I think it would be really a good investment from Virpil?

Would really be interested if you agree or disagree?

Thrustmaster is showing an f18 grip at e3 this year again. So most likely they will release one later next year.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Still I doubt that they will sell it seperately from their base... :( However, I could be terribly wrong. Nevertheless I still think that Virpil and/or VKB should offer a Replica product for the current DCS flagship module! (crosses fingers... :D )

Edited by Ayindi

Still I doubt that they will sell it seperately from their base... :( However, I could be terribly wrong. Nevertheless I still think that Virpil and/or VKB should offer a Replica product for the current DCS flagship module!
Why not? I can call thrustmaster and order a new warthog grip without the base. I'm not even sure if the base is any different than the warthog base (plastic gimbal). That would be very lame of them not to sell the grip on it's own considering there are many warhtog set users out there.

But I too would welcome virpil to create one..same goes for vkb if you can ever buy one.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Oh really? Today I looked at their website just for the slightest hint they could only sell "only a grip" for the well known Warthog, but I only found the whole stick!? Do you mean that they sell "just grips" if you contact them directly? While I would still prefer a Virpil grip, I would also consider this option! :)

Oh really? Today I looked at their website just for the slightest hint they could only sell "only a grip" for the well known Warthog, but I only found the whole stick!? Do you mean that they sell "just grips" if you contact them directly? While I would still prefer a Virpil grip, I would also consider this option! :)
Yea if you call them directly. I couldn't find anything on their site for the grips only. I have called them for parts before so I know you can order individually.

Thanks mate, this is really good information for me! At some point I possibly consider spending money on Thrustmaster again instead of Virpil... :( (Really would like to hear about Virpils considerations about replica sticks because I want to support them!)

While the F-18C module is coming out today ...

...Would really be interested if you agree or disagree?

I own a T-50 base and grip, and a TM WH grip. But I fly all planes (WW II, KA-50, Attack planes etc.) with the TM WH grip on the T-50 base. I love that combination, and I will use it for flying the F/A-18 as well. Although it's quite easy to swap grips, you have to be careful with the alignment. So I don't care much for swapping grips frequently. And the TM WH grip just feels right for me. So no, I would not buy an F/A-18 grip from anybody. That might change if one day my TM WH grip renders its soul...

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Still I doubt that they will sell it seperately from their base... :( However, I could be terribly wrong. Nevertheless I still think that Virpil and/or VKB should offer a Replica product for the current DCS flagship module! (crosses fingers... :D )

Probably have a much better chance with Virpil, VKB can't even deliver their own sticks.

However TM will likely have their F-18 grip out before too long, if can get separately can just put it on a Virpil base.

Don B

Probably have a much better chance with Virpil, VKB can't even deliver their own sticks.

However TM will likely have their F-18 grip out before too long, if can get separately can just put it on a Virpil base.

Yup exactly what I'm doing gonna use the warBRD base. Hopefully it ships June 4th this will make the hornet so much smoother to fly!

So, since my base is still dead (support, where are ya? :( ) I'm keeping myself busy and playing with Arduino and a 2.8" TFT. Virpil Desk Mount is definitely a great place to put additional controls and stuff, although by adding the TFT the whole thing it's a bit too tall for my taste. I should re-wire the column and add the TFT there probably.

I'm really tempted to buy another Desk Mount to support my CH MFP and add controls to the mount itself.

full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"

Hey Guys,

quick question about the Virpil Base.

When I plug in the Base, am I required to use the provided software to assign key mappings, or is every hat/button presetned as a joystick button (like the TM base)?

Hey Guys,

quick question about the Virpil Base.

When I plug in the Base, am I required to use the provided software to assign key mappings, or is every hat/button presetned as a joystick button (like the TM base)?

The software is currently a "Lite" version, does not have that capability yet.

It is mainly used for flashing firmware and calibration. (do not try calibrating in Windows).

I had no trouble at all assigning buttons in DCS and in fact I prefer it that way.

Don B

The software is currently a "Lite" version, does not have that capability yet.

It is mainly used for flashing firmware and calibration. (do not try calibrating in Windows).

I had no trouble at all assigning buttons in DCS and in fact I prefer it that way.

I prefer it that way, makes it easier and as long as it's calibrated with the vpc software people have said it doesn't have any issues with assignments. Really excited to get my T-50.