Need to understand better my situation (Steam customer)

Mav783

Hi,

My english is bad, and i find lot of information beetwin some web site, here, and users.

And i need information about what can i do or not depending my situation.

And undderstand...why.

Simple :

I did install DCS World 1.5 in steam 2 weeks ago. In July (around the 5).

Some days after, i did ear that i can not transfer my Steam accompt to ED accompt since the last month...

But, i did buy a DLC... the Mirage 2000C, and its more impossible than anything else to transfer it apparently. (My bad luck and...i come to late to access the accompt transfer, and i buy the DLC who is not transferable).

I wanted now to buy the L-39 Albatros, and maybe the Nevada map...

But, i will not be able to transfer my "maybe futur" Steam L-39 to my ED accompt, and then to use it on Nevada...(cause the 2.0 is not on steam, and lot of stuffs is not on steam, i didn't know that before Steam is slow...).

It's exact ?

So sad for me, i "jumped" on an 50%Off on Steam (Mirage 2000C), i wanted to engage myself again in this sim without burning my money and it was the good moment (i should buy an new Hotas also).

The information about this "bad deal" beetwin Steam and ED accompt is here, but not in Steam (?)...during my purchasse, i didn't see anything to inform the customer about the relationship beetwin Steam and ED accompt and DLCs... But maybe it was there...(?) (:s)

I learned, after, that Steam is so late with update...also...(mean i need to wait for new contents like an idiot XD ;) )...

I know it's my fault (i should focus and inform myself), but i feel it's not cool, i rarely saw such "whorehouse" beetwin Steam and an editor.

If what i say is true, and i have no solution :

I don't understand, why this information is not in BIG (like a Pop-up) when purshasing on Steam any DLC.

I know Steam is a great platform to attract players, and i love it. And i totally understand that ED use it, and i support this (we need more serveurs and players in DCS :) )

But...it's not clear for a new customer. I didn't buy a home, or a car, or a computer. But a simple DLC (a virtual plane)...i didn't expect that i needed to investigate and learn to don't be "blocked"...

I feel like an idiot animal. Cause i recognise my responsability, but i also feel that iam not alone to be lost with all that. And not alone to think that all that things is not cool.

Optionaly : Why its now impossible to "simply" transfer accompt now ?

++

Edited by Mav783

Currently the M2000 is the only module that cannot be transferred from Steam to ED. The L-39 can be transferred from Steam to the ED installation.

On Steam the M2000 is clearly labelled that it requires DCS World on Steam to be used.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Ok well...i did simulate to buy it again, i did see it...in english only... and after the description of the plane...

It is clear...but not that much highlighted.

My mistake. I suspect it, it's my mistake, in deep.

In the same time, it's the first time i meet a problem like this with a software.

And it's why i didn't focus. A good lecon for me.

But, to make it pass, i need to understrand better :

So, no more DLC will now be transferable...

Mean, if you are a Steam user and if you use DCS on Steam since a long time, and you didn't react before the deadline (2 month ago now)...it's your bad luck ? Or the Mirage was all the time in this situation since it appeared ?

Last thing, if i use Steam :

Where is the information in steam, when i buy the Mirage, that show Steam version is late in updates and can not permit me to access new maps and contents (with beta) ?

If this informations on Steam don't exist (i didn't see it, but maybe iam blind again XD) : Why i need to come here, in ED web site, to know that Steam users are not served as ED users ?

It is clear that iam not alone to be lost with the differences beetwin Steam and ED version...

After, it's not a big deal. But i wanted to access update, and contents.

Should not jump...:(

PS : i think the CD Key of DCS is not more visible at the place where it appear in Steam on the FAQ

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/500/#1491005

It's in an other place ? Or it work now only by clicking on the old DCL i think (and not on DCS direclty as in the FAQ) ?

Edited by Mav783

See if Steam will give you a refund.

FYI- M2000 was just added to the DCS 50% off summer sale. Even if you can't get a refund you can recoup the loss if you want to switch over to DCS World stand alone install.

Edited by cthulhu68

Yep, why not.

I will ask them ok, maybe. I don't belive it will work... more less if i give the true reason (open an account here because i see the Steam version subjectively tricky and objectively diminished :music_whistling:).

But i have no choice. And it will not cost more to ask.

Anyway, it add to this sim to be accessfull on Steam. For players to join. DCS lack players and serveurs. But, Steam should say that it's better to have the ED account :laugh:

Steam will give you a refund in the first 14 or 28 days for ANY reason aslong as you have not played the game/what you purchased for more than 2 hours.

Its great, you can buy any game and if you dont like it and have played it less than 2 hours within either 14 or 28 days, steam will no questions asked refund your money.

I have done it myself a couple of times for different games.

I sended today my ask to Steam.

Problem : i played muuuch more than 2 hours (around 50h...i didn't know that Steam don't propose the same services than ED after 40h of playing...).

I did buy it since 21 days, the refunding is leagualy 14...

Also, only 4 days to buy back my Mirage (and maybe add the L-39 with the -50%) if they refund me...hard deadline.

Anyway, i wait the answer, but i don't illusion myself :)

They refused.

So...i will just keep my Mirage and not buy anymore things on Steam if it's possible to do without. After research close to association's forum, aparently Steam is not that cool, not clear, sometimes flirting with the law (who are also not clear about dematerialized products depending the country you are).

Steam protect theire editor and developers by not accepting every kind of refund. It's understandable. And normal that customers are not alone to have rights (even if here...it's zero rights...) But i said clearly my situation, i will add to my list if i have a refund, and keep ready my refund on Steam for a purshase.

It's win, win, win...no. Steam preafer to WIN under the hautority of theire "chart"...

I can not buy also on ED anything... having 2 Mirage will not serv me anything.

Steam and ED should be clear about the differences beetwin theire services. Not in theire website (on Steam, no information...), but when the user become a customer and buy a DLC. It woul'be much more attractfull politically to be fully informed with good visibilty when the product is on the point to be purshased.

Steam should add, ED should ask them to add XD

After, as i said, Steam is really good to attract ppl in DCS, and i support that.

But my support will stop at this idea.

It's a good lecon anyway. Now, il will think twice and inform myself even before buying a simple DLC on Steam lol

++

Edited by Mav783