Steam Trains on Normandy Map

crazyeddie

Created mission with one train and saw what your reported. However when I strafed the train another appeared down the track like it had re-spawned. Could this be a bug? Also unlike other moving target items, you can't F7 or is it F8 to view trains. Hope that is only because they are a WIP???

Okay, I think I know what is going on....I had upped my civilian traffic to medium before I created my mission with one train. I just re-flew my mission ran down the track to a town with several rail yards and saw five different trains coming from different directions. It must be normal civilian traffic. I killed three but ran out of ammo! LOL

I figure its something to do with the train routes diverging, I followed two trains into Caen and when they got there they went into different shunting yards then merge again at the other end, so appear to be running along the same track all the time.

Its 2 different routes overlapping each other, its been a feature of the road vehicle routes in all versions of the game for a long time, with settings at high you get vehicles running into the back of each other all over the place if you look hard enough.

Either way its crazy, no rail system can operate safely with trains hammering along the same track 800m apart, but I think that explains it.

Do you have steam loco's I only seem to get electric or diesel electric? :(

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I'll give that a go, it didn't click as the vehicles, tractors, bicycles, carts etc appear period, I can still fly the Gazelle right? :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

• 3 weeks later...

I try to put a train on my map but it doesn't appear when i launch the mission.

The start time seems to be ok and there is no delayed activation.

I checked the civilian trafic but when i try to set it on "low" and save the mission it turns back to "OFF".

Anyboby has an exemple of mission with a steam train ?

[quote=OBT~Mikmak;3194997

Anyboby has an exemple of mission with a steam train ?

HI,

The assets are still WIP

Civil traffic : OFF

STRG + F12 -> toggle through the train-units (loc, waggons) -> you will see both mission-trains

Civil traffic : LOW

STRG + F12 -> toggle through the train-units (loc, waggons) -> :dunno:seems, that we see only the civil trains

----