DCS F-15C: The Georgian War Campaign

After watching the Trailer, not interested. Horrible misrepresentation of the conflict.

But good work anyway, I guess.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

"Russian open fire..."

omg :doh: :wacko:

?

If you listen carefully you will hear "the Russians have opened fire"...

After watching the Trailer, not interested. Horrible misrepresentation of the conflict.

But good work anyway, I guess.

That is why I said that there are two completely different versions of facts, depending on who is writing the history books. One saying that Georgians invaded South Ossetia in order to regain control over Tskhinvali and forcing Russians to hastily come to help their allies and another one that the whole operation was planned years in advance by Moscow.

For the purpose of the campaign we had to adopt the Western optics, but most of the facts provided throughout the campaign are based on information confirmed by both sides. The conflict itself is extremely interesting from the military point of view, as both Georgians and Russians were utterly inefficient in the field and air operations.

But plese don't treat the whole background or "who started" part as something set in stone, the historians are arguing about it to this day and we don't want to get into politics. We adopted one point of view as player is on the Georgian side and we decided that it is a good setting for the campaign. And I am not saying that this optics is the "true" one.

Probably, as usual, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

But plese don't treat the whole background or "who started" part as something set in stone, the historians are arguing about it to this day and we don't want to get into politics. We adopted one point of view as player is on the Georgian side and we decided that it is a good setting for the campaign. And I am not saying that this optics is the "true" one.

You could have perhaps avoided such connotations by labeling the campaign as being completely fictional and optionally as just inspired by some real events, rather than directly referencing the real life conflict of 2008 with a twist. In that way, you'd have a disclaimer for any interpretations, but would still be free to mirror real life events as much as you'd see fit. Just a thought..

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I applaud the effort to base it off real conflicts. Do realize people will be butt hurt on both sides. As I have learned with my experience history books are filled with allot of garbage politics and the mindset of the victor. Have an open mind it's a video game keep up good work fellas!

I would say those who where on the ground would know best but we even have our own prejudices :)

Edited by Enduro14

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

This is obviously a matter of preference.

I've seen campaigns marketed as ultra-realistic, and then the immersion gets ruined by AI behavior, inconsistent briefings, lack of in-game voice comms and other factors.

I've seen campaigns marketed as purely fictional with a high degree of immersion, top-notch briefings and voice-overs and an overall realistic feel.

Basically, I don't really care if a campaign is based on real-life events, or tries to replicate them, or is just "inspired" by things that actually happened, or if it's purely fictional, as long as it's well done and fun to play.

Knowing Baltic Dragon's earlier works (including beta-testing the M-2000 campaign that should hopefully be released soon), I have no doubt whatsoever that this is going to be a fantastic campaign (and no, I don't have any inside knowledge as far as this campaign is concerned). :thumbup:

yeah, guess some kind of disclaimer would be in place. We don't want to antagonwe do want to show some of the real events. After all the campaign IS fictional, as there were no US airplanes in Georgia in Aug 2008.

But we want to give a feeling of that conflict and present facts that are largely indisputable and confirmed by both sides. And I have spoken to one RU soldier and a couple of Georgian high ranking government officials during the war.

The RW conflict serves as a backdrop for the fictional events of the campaign; obviously there were not MiG-29s shooting at F-15s over Georgia during the war. But it would make for a pretty boring F-15 campaign if the Russians didn't fire a shot, don't you think?

Working within DCS, we have limited resources available to us...these primarily consist of aircraft and vehicles used by the US and Russian military, operating over Georgia. To present a realistic conflict, we are pretty much forced to pit these two forces against each other.

It's not intended to be a political statement, or an historical document...just a good excuse for some air-to-air combat with the resources we have available to us. We are certainly not trying to step on any toes, and happy to add a disclaimer that the campaign is based on RW events and not intended to be a 100% historically accurate representation of them. :)

?

If you listen carefully you will hear "the Russians have opened fire"...

That is why I said that there are two completely different versions of facts, depending on who is writing the history books. One saying that Georgians invaded South Ossetia in order to regain control over Tskhinvali and forcing Russians to hastily come to help their allies and another one that the whole operation was planned years in advance by Moscow.

For the purpose of the campaign we had to adopt the Western optics, but most of the facts provided throughout the campaign are based on information confirmed by both sides. The conflict itself is extremely interesting from the military point of view, as both Georgians and Russians were utterly inefficient in the field and air operations.

Your point of view - is not the fact. The argument does not make sense.

p.s. the company's history is interesting

YouTube - WaffenCatLive

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 | ASrock Fatal1ty K4 gaming x470 | SSD m.2 Samsung 970 EVO | AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (4.3Ghz) | RAM 32G ddr4 ballistix Sport (3200MHz) | Super JetStream GeForce RTX2080 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please stop demotivating any mission makers by destroying their work by just flaming that historical background might not be right, because of different or wrong point of view.

Baltic is bringen much effort and fun into the community. I am pretty sure he got the point to bring in a disclaimer. This point is absolutely valid for those who care - for the rest it will not disturb.

:)

GJ Baltic, please go on with your effort!!

• Like 1

The fact that this is a campaign designed by Baltic Dragon and Feefifofum (aka Viper) all but ensures that it will top quality and enjoyable for players of all levels. Quibble all you'd like.....it's going to be fantastic.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Thanks guys :)

Zionid- we took a little time and put things on the back burner to allow Mr. Dragon to focus on some of his other endeavors such as the Mirage official campaign.

We are still very much working on things, though, and as I mentioned a couple pages back things should start moving a little more quickly now. :)

And don't worry, it takes a lot more than two angry posts to demotivate me.

Edited by feefifofum

As one of the beta testers I can confirm these missions will be of extremely high quality. However, the project seemed dormant for some time (due to other projects I understand) does this mean that the testing is back and running?:)

Yes, we want to get back to testing, I will be in touch soon about this - I am moving all my projects to a single website for building & testing purposes, so I will be sending invitations soon.

I have just started a month long holidays away from my flying rig, but I want to use that time to focus on writing (it is surprising how much writing it takes for a campaign like this!) - so things should move faster as Viper was saying :)

And I am happy we had a discussion we had few posts above, always good to see different points of view! Plus thanks for all the kind words!

It´s not just that...If you want a detailed rundown, hit me up a PN, otherwise I´d keep my mouth shut and not put politics and whining here.

If not, no problem.

Otherwise, good luck with the project. If you need help doing voicework, I´m also available for that. Already did some georgian voice acting for another campaign.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

It´s not just that...If you want a detailed rundown, hit me up a PN, otherwise I´d keep my mouth shut and not put politics and whining here.

If not, no problem.

Otherwise, good luck with the project. If you need help doing voicework, I´m also available for that. Already did some georgian voice acting for another campaign.

Thanks! PM sent and many thanks for the offer. :thumbup:

• 4 months later...

@Coxy & Rogo, you'll find a free 12 mission single player/co-op F-15 campaign I released about a year and a half ago in the Missions and Campaigns forum. Things have come a long way since then in terms of my understanding of the Mission Editor but they're still a fun time. The co-op campaign is called "An Eye for an Eye."

There have been issues with trying to figure out a working copy protection strategy for co-operative campaigns, from what I understand, which is why you won't find any paid content of that nature right now. I am testing the missions in multiplayer as I go along, just in case this gets resolved, but I wouldn't hold out too much hope for the immediate future unfortunately.

In the meantime, though, I thought I might leave this here, as well as thank the fine folks over at Mudspike for taking a peek at our upcoming campaign!

Edited by feefifofum
speeling

@Coxy & Rogo, you'll find a free 12 mission single player/co-op F-15 campaign I released about a year and a half ago in the Missions and Campaigns forum. Things have come a long way since then in terms of my understanding of the Mission Editor but they're still a fun time. The co-op campaign is called "An Eye for an Eye."

There have been issues with trying to figure out a working copy protection strategy for co-operative campaigns, from what I understand, which is why you won't find any paid content of that nature right now. I am testing the missions in multiplayer as I go along, just in case this gets resolved, but I wouldn't hold out too much hope for the immediate future unfortunately.

In the meantime, though, I thought I might leave this here, as well as thank the fine folks over at Mudspike for taking a peek at our upcoming campaign!

I'm VERY excited for this new campaign! Eye for an Eye was/is wonderful fun. DCS "needs" many things...but maybe more than anything else, I'd like to see more well-crafted campaigns like yours. The Mission Editor is very powerful to be sure, but VERY few of us have the time to create missions. I'd pay for any good Eagle campaign placed before me.

Thanks for your work!

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display