R-77 for Sukhoi's - Page 19 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-18-2017, 07:58 PM   #181
Dudikoff

Reputation power: 31
Dudikoff is a glorious beacon of lightDudikoff is a glorious beacon of lightDudikoff is a glorious beacon of lightDudikoff is a glorious beacon of lightDudikoff is a glorious beacon of lightDudikoff is a glorious beacon of lightDudikoff is a glorious beacon of lightDudikoff is a glorious beacon of lightDudikoff is a glorious beacon of lightDudikoff is a glorious beacon of lightDudikoff is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunMcKill View Post
That is not true, you dont need to STT any target to launch a missile that will be guided to an aproximate point using INS and his own radar in the final stage (pitbull), what is the point to STT one target if you will launch two missiles to differents aircraft? absurd, they did that in DCS because the logic used in all the FC3 russian aircraft use STT, thats all
So, the F-15C TWS mode also uses STT? SNP/SNP2 modes are kind of analogous to TWS, not STT.

If you have better sources than ED regarding how this mode should work, I'm sure they'll be very happy to learn more about them.
i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1 btn 2 axis gameport joystick, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are absolutely useless. Just passing time till DCS: F-14..

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Last edited by Dudikoff; 07-18-2017 at 08:05 PM.
Dudikoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:23 PM   #182
uboats
ED Tester / ED Moderator

Reputation power: 27
uboats is a glorious beacon of lightuboats is a glorious beacon of lightuboats is a glorious beacon of lightuboats is a glorious beacon of lightuboats is a glorious beacon of lightuboats is a glorious beacon of lightuboats is a glorious beacon of lightuboats is a glorious beacon of lightuboats is a glorious beacon of lightuboats is a glorious beacon of lightuboats is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Rage View Post
I wasnt aware that RVV-SD is available for export! What are chinese purchased Su35s equipped with?
Russian's only, no PL series.

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities, Scripts, etc

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 2TB SSD + 1TB HDD |
| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |
uboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:54 PM   #183
JunMcKill

Reputation power: 8
JunMcKill will become famous soon enoughJunMcKill will become famous soon enoughJunMcKill will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudikoff View Post
So, the F-15C TWS mode also uses STT? SNP/SNP2 modes are kind of analogous to TWS, not STT.

If you have better sources than ED regarding how this mode should work, I'm sure they'll be very happy to learn more about them.
That's my point, in ED is wrong the way that they simulated the use of the R-77, that is mandatory to lock a target in SNP2 to launch the missile to two targets, the real R-77 launch mode should be like the F-15 TWS, not STT. But no one have information about, as GG told me a while ago, only a couple of seconds of one video.
JunMcKill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:13 PM   #184
GGTharos
Veteran

Reputation power: 304
GGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant future

Yep, but from that video we can at least deduce a 2TWS mode and that it would be rather unlikely that there's a lock-on on either fighter since no aircraft operating an MSA+SARH (or ARH) ever did such a thing as far as we know.

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump
I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda
GGTharos is offline   Reply With Quote