The Ultimate DCS World JSGME Guide - If you use mods, you need this. - Page 9 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #81
cichlidfan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersheep View Post
Great thread!

What I don't get is what happens when a DCS update changes a file that is also in the JSGME MODS-folder and used (in an older version) by a mod. Will this break the mod, the game or something different? I mean, not all mods add new files, some also change existing ones and then there's a conflict.
Yes, it could break either the mod or the sim. That is when JSGME is really handy since it easy to insert mods one at a time until you find the culprit.

There is never going to be a completely perfect solution for some mods.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #82
Supersheep

Quote:
easy to insert mods one at a time until you find the culprit
Should do, I think. Still saves time compared to the manual way =)
Supersheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:51 AM   #83
Ebs

Thanks for all the thanks guys!

I'd love to have this thread stickied myself. I think it's best if you PM a mod to ask for the sticky.
Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:21 PM   #84
Milli

Is it possible to remove a particular file from the DCS World folder with JSGME?

I'm using it to add/replace files ok, but I would like to be able to remove a file. To achieve this at the moment I'm currently having to rename the file i want removed. But this is difficult to keep track of. Being able to do it with JSGME would be much better.

Regards,
Milli
Milli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #85
cichlidfan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milli View Post
Is it possible to remove a particular file from the DCS World folder with JSGME?

I'm using it to add/replace files ok, but I would like to be able to remove a file. To achieve this at the moment I'm currently having to rename the file i want removed. But this is difficult to keep track of. Being able to do it with JSGME would be much better.

Regards,
Milli
I don't recall the exact method but it can be done. If you read the JSGME doc file, it contains the info you need.

EDIT: Here is what you are looking for:

Quote:
- MODDERS: You can remove files from the game by including in your package (empty) text files with -remove added to the filename (ie "filename.ext-remove"). Files will be returned when your mod is disabled.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1

Last edited by cichlidfan; 04-06-2013 at 08:17 PM.
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #86
Milli

Thank you very much cichlidfan. Much appreciated.

Regards,
Milli
Old 04-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #87
47box

Default Content File

I would like to understand better how the operation of this Program.
I will cite an example that will probably expose my doubt:

Assuming I have a file modified (MOD) after the completion of the download.
Assuming that the folder that has the file contained also has several other files.
When using the JSGE is necessary to create a folder within our EagleDynamic \ DCSWord .....
I have created this folder. Inside we have to allocate the file path changed (sequence folder path to allocate the file) to have the program running properly.
However there are some folders containing the changed file with countless other files.
For the modification occurs correctly inside the final folder is necessary that I have all the standard and modified files within the folder or just end the modified file will be needed.
This program reads the folder created inside the EagleDynamic \ DCSWord ..... and forgets the default folder DCS ...... ie ... therefore it will not read other relevant files that are part of the folder if I let you copy it?
47box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:17 PM   #88
Milli

Hi 47box

You only need to include the modified file, or files, in your JSGE mod folder. You do not have to include all the unmodified files aswell.

JSGE will simply replace the original file with whatever file that you have in your JSGE mod folder. It will leave any other files in the destination folder, alone, unmodified.

Hope this explains it ok?

Regards,
Milli
Old 04-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #89
47box

Understood perfectly and very grateful. This was exactly the answer to my doubts.
47box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #90
Direwolf

I have a doubt:
Some of the files I use for modding are now inside Saved Games folder, because the changes ED did on the files structure. How do I recreate the structure to redirect JGSME to that folder?
E.g I have my Export.lua and Tarsexport.lua inside c:/Users/User/Saved Games/DCS/Scripts folder. How do I create a structure inside _MOD folder (that´s inside c:/Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World)?

Last edited by Direwolf; 05-16-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jsgme, mods