Stennis model missing this antenna!

Woogey

• 1 month later...

maybe they contracted out some space to T-Mobile. Looks like a thingy down the road, by my house.... :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

So you don't know what that antenna is for or what it is in general, but you know it cannot be stowed ... Okay *presses X*

There is no mechanism to stow it.

US_Navy_120109-N-EE987-022_The_aircraft_carrier_USS_Ronald_Reagan_%28CVN_76%29_transports_Sailors%27_vehicles_while_transiting_the_Pacific_coast_to_Naval.jpg

And also you can't find this antenna stowed on DCS Stennis.

Edited by tifafan

I believe that it's primary function is to give the bridge crew a reference point with which to con the ship. This has been a fixture on all of our carriers since the Forestal class. Given the level of detail that ED put into the model of the Stennis, I can't help believing that this antenna was left out intentionally. Even the Carl Vinson has one modeled. Strange indeed.:huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I believe that it's primary function is to give the bridge crew a reference point with which to con the ship. This has been a fixture on all of our carriers since the Forestal class. Given the level of detail that ED put into the model of the Stennis, I can't help believing that this antenna was left out intentionally. Even the Carl Vinson has one modeled. Strange indeed.:huh:

I don't see the purpose the antenna was left out.There isnt any animation for it.

It could more likely be Devs' mistake,the mistake they just don't really care to fix.

that antenna, as well as a camera, seems to have Barometric and temperature and wind detection instruments.

but excuse me that you are Americans gives an answer to the developers and a stupid antenna what is a state secret? you are ridiculous sometimes you Americans.

Edited by Xilon_x

Cept the Vinson simply had a "Line" and it was against the wrong edge of the deck.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Well at least it has a name now . What is it for ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

that antenna, as well as a camera, seems to have Barometric and temperature and wind detection instruments.

but excuse me that you are Americans gives an answer to the developers and a stupid antenna what is a state secret? you are ridiculous sometimes you Americans.

I'm not losing any sleep with it not being there.... So be it....

;)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

It serves a couple purposes. It was installed on all aircraft carriers after a collision with the USS Belknap (hence its name). It Is a convenient place to mount weather station equipment, and also has a position light and a camera mounted.

-Woog

Everyone is talking about the missing antenna and all I can think about is how did they get all those cars up there, and why???

Change of home port... they allow sailors to bring their car on board so they don't have to ship them...

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |