MIRAGE 2000-5 Up-Grade - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-02-2018, 08:22 AM   #21
myHelljumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowfinger23 View Post
Kreisch,
I understand your point but I reject that possibility if your fighting not an IA.
If you watch my post carefully , is all about to counteract the "8" AIM 120 that the F-18 can carry. You may defeat 2 or 3 of them not all 8's, so, you will need more than 2 M2Kc to have a real PK.
More over, in my youth i flew 5 years the F-5E Part III in air combat, so i know very well tactics BFM, TAC'S etc. Yes, is an old platform but fitted with good AIM 9's and Derby BVR missile, tactics change a lot. If I were flying an F-18 against 2 M2Kc's , i will try first to put de enemies in my envelope, ground, sea, etc, ( i'll choose my AO ) Second, i'll tray to put in defensive stage both M2 by launching 2 , 3 or 4 Amraams first, maintaining my energy and preventing the energy gain of my opponents, but if i loose the advantage i'll disengage to over a 30 or more nm. and then start all again if i'm not in Bingo parameters. I will still have the advantage to choose to engage or not, and all of that bcse, my more advance AA systems.
Cheers.
4 simultaneous amraams on two targets won't help you.

Mirage can also disengage at will, even more so than a 4 to 8 missile carrying F-18C .

Sure in a symmetric fight you have an advantage but I don't think it's so big that you will always loose the fight.

VEAF - Virtual European AirForce
http://www.veaf.org/fr/

Helljumper's Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3...UxPbWHvJJ3W2fA
myHelljumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 01:28 PM   #22
slowfinger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by myHelljumper View Post
4 simultaneous amraams on two targets won't help you.

Mirage can also disengage at will, even more so than a 4 to 8 missile carrying F-18C .

Sure in a symmetric fight you have an advantage but I don't think it's so big that you will always loose the fight.
Hello Helljumper,
I'm not saying that you will always win; By the way is not a symmetric fight, is an Asymmetric one, F18's advance armaments . As always, it will depends on your strategy and how it goes in the AO. This is not real thing, but is a fantastic SIMULATION with an excellent approach to the real scenario. What i don't like and is not real is how DCS simulates long distance incoming aircraft. That tinny pixel without volumen. In real fur-ball is unlikely loosing (going no-joy) if both guys stays in combat, even if you have to unload to gain energy, you will never loose him, not for a moment. Real airplanes are big enough for a good tally.
Cheers.
slowfinger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 01:41 PM   #23
slowfinger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
Yep, nice dream. I’m dreaming with you
But that’s all we can do...
yes jo jo'
Thanks for the pic. I can tell you that I flew the real M2K-5 SIM, because my country was interested to buy this beauty, but they choose another beauty, the F-16 Block 50.
Anyways, now we are talking. Extreme agility plus 4 Gen. SA and Armament.
What i'm requesting is Mica EM/ER can be up-grade or not to our M2KC, no more no less.

Cheers and thxs again for this beautiful picture.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:00 PM   #24
jojo

The picture is Greek Mirage 2000-5MK2.

Where are you from ? With the F-5E and Derby missiles I thought of Brazil, but they didn’t bought F-16...

No, the Mirage 2000C RDI has never been upgraded to use Mica missiles. Some French Mirage 2000C were upgraded to Mirage 2000-5F. Compared to export Mirage 2000-5 they keep Serval RWR and Sabre jammer, and I think it’s still Ulysse 52 INS system, but with embedded GPS.
Anyway the PCN is still close to the original, not like the new one on this picture.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:46 PM   #25
slowfinger23

Quote:
The picture is Greek Mirage 2000-5MK2.

Where are you from ? With the F-5E and Derby missiles I thought of Brazil, but they didn’t bought F-16...

No, the Mirage 2000C RDI has never been upgraded to use Mica missiles. Some French Mirage 2000C were upgraded to Mirage 2000-5F. Compared to export Mirage 2000-5 they keep Serval RWR and Sabre jammer, and I think it’s still Ulysse 52 INS system, but with embedded GPS.
Anyway the PCN is still close to the original, not like the new one on this picture.
I'm from Chile way south, with 62 years old, B777 200 LR IP.
Cheers.

Last edited by slowfinger23; 10-02-2018 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 05:48 PM   #26
jojo

I knew the Brazilian F-5EM, but Chile F-5E Tiger III+ totally slipped under my radar. Thanks.

Did you ever flew with French Mirage during Cruzex exercises ?
Old 10-02-2018, 07:28 PM   #27
slowfinger23

Quote:
I knew the Brazilian F-5EM, but Chile F-5E Tiger III+ totally slipped under my radar. Thanks.

Did you ever flew with French Mirage during Cruzex exercises ?
Nope, other Chilean pilots flew Mirages-50 Up-Graded Pantera with canards for low flying dynamic stability and a Full OTAN config. version of MIII-5 Elkan.
FACH is more interested to send F-16 B-30 and 40 plus B-50's for this exercises, specially to check-compare Rafales performances (BVR capability and Tactics).
Cheers.

PS: Ma grand pere was French, by the way we have a lot French, German immigrants in Chile.

Last edited by slowfinger23; 10-02-2018 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:52 PM   #28
jojo

Cheers

And maybe you will enjoy this skin
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...se_id=11471198

Last edited by jojo; 10-02-2018 at 08:58 PM.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:00 PM   #29
slowfinger23

Quote:
Cheers

And maybe you will enjoy this skin
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...se_id=11471198
Jajajajaja ho yeah, nice Camo. We called Pantera the Race Plane, it was fast and when do engaged him, one of the things to be aware was not let him to speed up more than to M1.2 because that engine (ATAR 9 K 50) enters in a Sur Vitess, increasing engine speed by 500 rpm, and we were unable to follow him. On those years ( 8o's) we used to have FOX 2 Missiles AIM 9, Rafael Shafrir's and Pythons, later on we receive FOX 1 and FOX 3 Missiles.
Cheers.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:42 AM   #30
Yoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowfinger23 View Post
Cheers.
My request is difficult for advance, but, we need it badly to counteract American AIM 120 Amraams FOX3 missiles with Mica Up-Grades used in the -5 improved model.
We need to upgrade our beauty with more sophisticated medium range fire and forget missiles.
Please, try to see if this request is possible in the near future.

Thanks RASBAM for all your effort.

Queridos diseñadores, les ruego vean la posibilidad preliminar de analizar vuestras capacidades de hacer el up-grade -5 ( Greek model version ) a nuestros Mirage o simplemente el F-18 no tendrá oponente alguno.
Solo debido a la agilidad del M2C es que por ahora es el único que le ofrece peligro al F-18 ( guns-guns ), pero en BVR la desventaja es total debido a la cantidad de misiles que puede portar y la capacidad de fox3 a mayor distancia. El misil Mica es la solución con un mejor sistema de SA y RDR mas avanzado, osea, el M2000-5.

Muchas gracias por vuestra paciencia.
How about you learn to fly and dodge missiles.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yoshua is offline   Reply With Quote