Mirage III or IAI Dagger Poll - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

View Poll Results: Mirage III or IAI Dagger ?
Mirage III 310 73.99%
IAI Dagger 109 26.01%
Voters: 419. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2018, 12:33 AM   #11
Tirak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTONY View Post
Is this an official thing?

Also, is there any more information on each particular version of the respective aircraft we are choosing from?

What model of each aircraft? What avionics? What are the differences in range and payload, if any? What are the differences in weapon load-outs between the two? Any difference in maneuverability?

It's on their facebook and website, so it seems to be official.

Initially, the Mirage III was announced and shortly thereafter they mentioned they intended to make a Mirage IIICJ Shahak, which had simplified electronics compared to the IIIC. The IAI Dagger we've received no information pertaining to variants though if it is at all related to the Falklands map, then the Dagger was modernized to Kfir C.2 standard.
Tirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 12:39 AM   #12
SVTONY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirak View Post
It's on their facebook and website, so it seems to be official.

Initially, the Mirage III was announced and shortly thereafter they mentioned they intended to make a Mirage IIICJ Shahak, which had simplified electronics compared to the IIIC. The IAI Dagger we've received no information pertaining to variants though if it is at all related to the Falklands map, then the Dagger was modernized to Kfir C.2 standard.
Thank you! Exactly what I need to know.

Intel Core i7-6800K/16GB RAM/GeForce 1080/Windows 10/2TB HDD
SVTONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:59 AM   #13
Avimimus

It'd be nice to have an aircraft that was also used by the Israelis' (another theatre with other types of opponents). However, my main priority is the JL-100 rocket pods (and the R.530).
Avimimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:51 AM   #14
Auditor

I'm going to need a bit more info before I cast my vote. Mirage III is by far the more ubiquitous aircraft, being flown by over thirty countries around the world.

By comparison: the Dagger A is just a rebrand of the Nesher made for export purposes to Argentina, right? Flown by only three countries throughout its existence.

It would seem like the Mirage III would take this hands-down. Is there something about the inclusion of one or the other to even up this decision? Would the Dagger make far more sense in the context of when this operation is taking place, or would it be a springboard to other modules like the IAI Kfir? Would it have newer avionics and weapons?
Auditor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:19 AM   #15
Tirak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor View Post
I'm going to need a bit more info before I cast my vote. Mirage III is by far the more ubiquitous aircraft, being flown by over thirty countries around the world.

By comparison: the Dagger A is just a rebrand of the Nesher made for export purposes to Argentina, right? Flown by only three countries throughout its existence.

It would seem like the Mirage III would take this hands-down. Is there something about the inclusion of one or the other to even up this decision? Would the Dagger make far more sense in the context of when this operation is taking place, or would it be a springboard to other modules like the IAI Kfir? Would it have newer avionics and weapons?

The Mirage III on offer is the CJ Shahak, which has downgraded electronics and flew for Israel. The Dagger has better electronics and weapons options if it is the version that was upgrade to C.2 standard, which would make sense given that RAZBAM is developing a Falkland Islands map.
Old 09-05-2018, 04:19 AM   #16
jojo

Argentina firstly received new built Mirage III EA from France before the second hand Dagger.
Old 09-05-2018, 04:36 AM   #17
Tirak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
Argentina firstly received new built Mirage III EA from France before the second hand Dagger.
Prowler did show interest in possibly expanding to an IIIE, however the last confirmed information we have about it is the Shahak, unless he's made a statement recently saying the Mirage III they're thinking about is no longer the CJ.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...36&postcount=8
Old 09-05-2018, 06:01 AM   #18
Shrike88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzles View Post
Where's the option for "Neither: Hold off on making new stuff and improve/add-to the M2000 and Harrier modules" ?
+1
Shrike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:12 AM   #19
AeriaGloria

I voted for the Mirage III. After looking closer at these variants, I think maybe the Dagger is better
AeriaGloria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:50 AM   #20
jojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirak View Post
Prowler did show interest in possibly expanding to an IIIE, however the last confirmed information we have about it is the Shahak, unless he's made a statement recently saying the Mirage III they're thinking about is no longer the CJ.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...36&postcount=8
I know, but Mirage III C doesn’t belong to South Atlantic theatre
So I’m trying some lobbying here