DCS: Mi-8MTV2 game vids

• 2 months later...

I've been making video tutorials. :joystick:

MI-8 Startup via USAF official checklist.

MI-8 Quickstart

Sling loading in the MI-8

ARK9/ARK UD ADF navigation. Doppler navigation system.

A terrible tutorial on weapons that I need to redo, because it leaves a few things out, and is generally confusing. :doh:

Using rockets in the MI-8

Using UPK machine gun pods in the MI-8

Using GUV machine gun pods.

Edited by Socket7
Added video

Practice makes perfect.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi AlexandrT, great videos! Love seeing a real Mi-8 pilot in these videos (I have an S-70 background - I'll do the same if Belsimtek ever get a family frame out).

I was curious if you could shed some light on the atmospheric Russian radio voice mod in the videos? It's awesome and I really want to get a hold of it! :D

http://www.liveatc.net/ Can include listening of radio negotiations, and to listen to them during flight. It is possible to write down and insert records of radio negotiations into game.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Found this video a couple days ago, just wow. I wish i could fly just half as good as this guy.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Very impressive vid... I wonder what stick he uses?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Very impressive vid... I wonder what stick he uses?

I would love to see the in cockpit view of him doing this flight show.

That nosewheel trick, I've seen it before. It is not just a fligthsim exploit! Crazy as it might seem.

I think i saw a video of an mi-24 doing this start too. Can't find it right now.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

:drink:

fail and success

qnX3ngOZj3w

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hip parking.

GG19fh9Srdc

Wow! Great landing, there. I am still learning how to hover and all that good stuff. The only safe way I can land is with an airplane style approach to the runway. I love the challenge, though. Awesome ride! :thumbup: MJ

Well if you insist... Here's the looooooong awaited part 2 to my Spetsnaz Hip mission.

This time the boys are tasked with taking down insurgents near Zestafoni. As usual it has been ages since I flew the Hip, so once again I need to shake off that rust before getting my claws bloody with tangos.

Enjoy!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

YouTube ~ Twitch

• 4 weeks later...