Introducing the VPC WarBRD

Cyph3r

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine today but happiness has quickly turned to frustration ....put the stronger springs in,hooked it up to pc ...the VPC configuration tool said I need to update the firmware ...went into update mode and it said it successfully updated ...hit close firmware updated mode ...it sees the warbrd for a second in the device box and immediately goes back to VPC boot loader in the device window and windows now sees the device as a bootloader ...WTF ..no matter what I do it goes back to bootloader mode.....anyone else go through this?

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

Got mine today but happiness has quickly turned to frustration ....put the stronger springs in,hooked it up to pc ...the VPC configuration tool said I need to update the firmware ...went into update mode and it said it successfully updated ...hit close firmware updated mode ...it sees the warbrd for a second in the device box and immediately goes back to VPC boot loader in the device window and windows now sees the device as a bootloader ...WTF ..no matter what I do it goes back to bootloader mode.....anyone else go through this?
Install the firmware again. If it won't be seen comepletely at one point you will need to factory reset it by shorting two pins. I put up a picture of the pins a few pages back.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Install the firmware again. If it won't be seen comepletely at one point you will need to factory reset it by shorting two pins. I put up a picture of the pins a few pages back.

Thats the thing ...I've reloaded over and over with the same result its never not seen just seen as a VPC boot loader ....may try a reset anyway

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

Thats the thing ...I've reloaded over and over with the same result its never not seen just seen as a VPC boot loader ....may try a reset anyway

1. Update firmware

2. close firmware

3. import profile from file (pick the correct file that reflects your setup)

4. Save device profile

5. calibrate and save

6. load device profile.

Hopefully the above will sort you. If not you will more than likely have to do a hardware reset....as above.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

...it sees the warbrd for a second in the device box and immediately goes back to VPC boot loader in the device window and windows now sees the device as a bootloader ...WTF ..no matter what I do it goes back to bootloader mode.....anyone else go through this?

Thanks a lot for your msg!

Pls don’t worry! Your joystick is OK. This is the issue of the last software that was accidentally posted. Our staff is already working to fix it. Fixed firmware will be available on our website ASAP!!!

Edited by Baur

---------- Head Designer ----------

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks a lot for your msg!

Pls don’t worry! Your joystick is OK. This is the issue of the last software that was accidentally posted. Our staff is already working to fix it. Fixed firmware will be available on our website ASAP!!!

Thanks! ...It seemed like a software issue as it loaded the firmware but then wont leave boot loader mode....anxiously await the update..

Yup, stupidly tried to update before checking this thread. Same problem...

Z...

Seems the bad software is still available for download ....hope they update it soon.

Good thing I haven't updated since last time. Doing the factory reset while trying to short out those two pins took a while.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Sorry about this guys - software has been updated on our sites just now which should resolve the issue!

https://virpil.com/en/support/downloads

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry about this guys - software has been updated on our sites just now which should resolve the issue!

https://virpil.com/en/support/downloads

Cyph3r, should I update to this software?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Cyph3r, should I update to this software?

If you're not having any issues with your current software, then no - there's no real reason to.

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So, my "very short" review...

The thing is amazing, beautiful, well belt, and feels like a hand held magic carpet ride to operate. After the Wathog, and, really, even the T-50, this feels amazing. I love my T-50, but the WarBRD seems to feel even nicer to use. If feel of the Warthog is a 6, the T-50 is a 9, and the WarBRD is a 9.2 (gotta leave room for potentially improved future designs). As a piece of hardware, it's...

Worth.

Every.

Cent.

The software, on the other hand, is awful, I can see why many folks struggle. I posted a more in depth explanation of my thoughts in the Virpil software thread/sticky.

Regardless, still love it, and I'm glad I bought it to add to my T-50.

Z...

If feel of the Warthog is a 6, the T-50 is a 9, and the WarBRD is a 9.2 (gotta leave room for potentially improved future designs)
:yes:

The software, on the other hand, is awful, I can see why many folks struggle. I posted a more in depth explanation of my thoughts in the Virpil software thread/sticky.

Thank you for your help! And for your feedback!

---------- Head Designer ----------

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:yes:

Thank you for your help! And for your feedback!

I have experience with the BRD F3 pedals, and the mechanism in that is also beautiful to use. It's so smooth and precise. This is why I did not hesitate to pre-order the WarBRD. It, too, is a joy to use, so smooth and silky, a mechanical work of art. I even enjoying moving the stick around with the base removed, so I can see the mechanism working.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Z...