DCS: Black Shark 1.0.1 Update Available

Wags

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the patch. I would like to marry the patch, actually, if I could have ED´s blessing.

I get the feeling the FM (or at least the control inputs/dampeners behavior) was slightly tweaked, because the Shark flies much more smoothly now. I can still feel my own inprecisions when controlling the heli, but they have a much lesser effect and my flights are much less "bumpier" than before. Is this just my imagination?

Westinghouse W-600 refrigerator - Corona six-pack - Marlboro reds - Patience by Girlfriend

"Engineering is the art of modelling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." (Dr. A. R. Dykes - British Institution of Structural Engineers, 1976)

I just have to say Kudo's to the ED Team!

I am not sure of all the other area's of the Sim, But I know this! After downloading and installing the new patch! which was Flawless on my system, I even gained some framerates also there! Kudo's

I run Win 7 64Bit ultamte Build 7100

I don't know all the details of what was changed, I did not go through the whole list but!

I now have a Heli that flies just like the real ones. It's all good now!

Maybe a little more weathervaning effects on the Airfoil surfaces at higher speeds but it's a great thing to say! I now believe you have surpassed Janes Longbow in the FD of this sim! And that's saying alot for me.

It's an awesome thing. It was a pleasure to fly this thing today! I like the new mission "relocation" so I could do just that.

Kudo's! Kudo's! Kudo's!

P.S. I like the little noice the trim makes when it's activated. nice touch.

So the patch is out. What about the A-10C? ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Great patch!

Performance has increased a bunch for me, even though I was using dcsmax before. :thumbup:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Not for me anyway.

Nate

Really? How can this be? So many intricate subtle details that can often go un-noticed corrected, yet this simple obtrusive thing that annoys us all on every single mission start has been left??

I hope not. Big thanks for the patch ED, but I'm a little surprised at this. After all, it must be a relatively simple thing for you guys to fix.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

Really? How can this be? So many intricate subtle details that can often go un-noticed corrected, yet this simple obtrusive thing that annoys us all on every single mission start has been left??

I hope not. Big thanks for the patch ED, but I'm a little surprised at this. After all, it must be a relatively simple thing for you guys to fix.

And yes... I know "There's just no pleasing some people" ;)

German Version is not compatble with the english patch!

Du musst wie ich auf den deutschen Patch waren ;)

Not for me anyway.

Nate

Was fixed for me - hm. Sound is muffled as it's supposed to in the cockpit.

Sure you didnt have too many mods / changes in your installation when you applied the patch? (Mine was almost vanilla).

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

First impression

I just like to say, that first impressions are great. Finally flying without struggling with my old x45. :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

Was fixed for me - hm. Sound is muffled as it's supposed to in the cockpit.

Sure you didnt have too many mods / changes in your installation when you applied the patch? (Mine was almost vanilla).

I can confirm for me this is NOT fixed and I have no mods installed. Start a mission with engines running, sound is loud (as should be in external view). Press F2 twice to go outside then back into cockpit, and the sound is muffled as it should be.

Now... press esc twice whilst in cockpit and the sound is deafening again.

Gutted. Can I ask nicely, any chance of a hotfix for this? Not sure I can bare another three or four month wait. :D

I can confirm for me this is NOT fixed and I have no mods installed. Start a mission with engines running, sound is loud (as should be in external view). Press F2 twice to go outside then back into cockpit, and the sound is muffled as it should be.

Gutted. Can I ask nicely, any chance of a hotfix for this? Not sure I can bare another three or four month wait. :D

Intrigued :)

How about starting a small "issue" posting over in the Problems & Bugs forum, add some relevant setup, maybe if you know something relevant to how to reproduce it etc. :)

I'm sure someone would like to analyze why this is happening for some - and not with others. ;)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

• ED Team

Gotta ask though, why would you ever really press ESC twice? Only time i press it is when im going to exit the mission. :D

• ED Team
Did the engine sound bug get fixed? Ie. being too loud on mission start until switching views. I couldn't see it in the readme. Thanks.

The sound issues will be addressed with the new sound engine as part of the A-10C level of DCS that will be back-ported into Black Shark later.

Gotta ask though, why would you ever really press ESC twice?

You wouldn't after 1.01. Before this though, I used to do it to get my pointer back in cockpit. I was constantly F2ing twice and ESCing twice.

The sound issues will be addressed with the new sound engine as part of the A-10C level of DCS that will be back-ported into Black Shark later.

Thanks for the clarity.

Is there a known work around without turning my speaker volume down or switching views?