Patch 1.0.1

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

Bitte sehr!

• Like 1

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

In 1.0.1 user can adjust neutral position ("dead zone") separately for pitch, poll and rudder (in parts of full scale). So, if you set HelicopterTrimmerZoneRudder = 1.0 - you don't need to return pedals in center at all.

Thank you very much !!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

First: There is no mention of multiplayer stability fixes, has this been addressed and can you speak to what issues were fixed?

Some cases of MP game crashes are going to be fixed in patch, though the full list of fixes included will be available only with patch released.

• Like 1
picture.php?albumid=243&pictureid=1732

I´m not very satisfied with this current Changelog. What else will be improved? I mean you mentioned something about 300MB. Seems to me there must be a lot more Changes.

Edited by 2win_TOWR
discovered something

Please note, the full fix/feature list includes well over 100 items and is not yet finalized for publication. The below items are some of the more significant feature enhancements included in the patch. More items will be posted as they are prepared.

First post ;)

Whats the Problem to let the Customers know, which further features are actually in progress?

Simple problem is that some features are not meant to be in the patch for sure. There's always the possibility that some of them can be removed in short or added behind schedule. But explain some of this decisions to the customer will be more complicated, than simple not tell him that this or that fix/feature was planned.

It seems not about trying, if new features are working. It's more like... will they work together? Will arise more problems when they are implemented?

Thats what I think.

And like everytime surely there would be someone who says "But ED had said...". ;)

• Like 1

Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 @ 3.4 Ghz | 12 GB RAM (DDR3-1600) | Nvidia Geforce GTX660 Ti/2GB (Driver Ver. 381.65 ) | ASUS P8Z77-V LE Plus | SB Audigy 2 ZS (kxProject 3552) | Samsung SSD 830 Series (Sys: 64GB, DCS+other: 128GB) | Saitek X52 Pro + TM MFDs | TIR4: Pro (TIR 5.4.1.26786 Software) | Windows 10 Pro (x64, non Anniversary)

Whats the Problem to let the Customers know, which further features are actually in progress?

For the most part, ED's policy is to communicate features that are complete and and keep mostly quite about those in progress. Sometimes unexpected circumstances force them to change plans, and in the past some people from the communnity freaked out because they thought they were promised features.

• Like 1

Ok, but how to understand that? Are they just trying some things not knowing if they work or not?

I'd look at it a little differently. It's nice that they are telling us as much as they are before hand!

There is an old adage, "Under promise, and over deliver". Basically, avoid setting expectations high, and then fail to produce results that are as good.

Software coding is not a trivial matter, especially when the program has to run well on numerous different computer hardware platforms and multiple operating systems. Addressing one problem in code can create unexpected results elsewhere. So, the changes need to be tested to see if they can be left in, and hold up to the various ways people use the software, on the various hardware platforms running under various operating systems.

It's far more important that they do it right, than that they do it fast and tell us all about it before hand. ;) Some things are worth waiting for, and just waiting to see how they turn out.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Wedge;649630']Still no dedicated server files :( When UBI refused to release DSFs for the continuation of Rainbow Six series it killed the game for multiplayer.

Please release dedicated server files!

I don't think it can be adressed untill they have finished the new game engin. And have the ME up to the point that sever type mission can be developed for endless play time. At this point I see that a DS is not ready to happen.

New unguided rockets have been added:

S-8OM - illumination rocket. Once fired, the rocket flies a ballistic trajectory. After 17 seconds, the warhead separates and releases a parachute-retarded illumination flare, which descends at a rate of 8.2 m/sec. The illumination flare burns for 35 seconds.

S-8OFP2 - blast-fragmentation rocket. Enhanced fragmentation effects and increased engine burn time. Used against infantry and unarmored targets.

So we are stuck with the 40 round pods that have to be fired 2 at a time unless a custom load out is made with only 1 pod of the S-8OM? And will 1 S-8OM - illumination rocket be enough to light up an area long enough to lock, fire and lase the target till the Vicker hits? Or what is the burn time on the S-8OM - illumination rocket?

S-8OFP2 - blast-fragmentation rocket. What is the raidus of fragmentation from the blast center? I an gessing that on soft targets theas will be more success full at destroying the target than the standard S-8HE round. As they require a dirct hit to destroy the target. Is this a correct statment?

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

What do you mean 'stuck with until someone makes a custom load out'?

It is a realistic limitation of the Ka-50's weapon control system. It likes to have things in pairs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I don't think it can be adressed untill they have finished the new game engin. And have the ME up to the point that sever type mission can be developed for endless play time. At this point I see that a DS is not ready to happen.

So we are stuck with the 40 round pods that have to be fired 2 at a time unless a custom load out is made with only 1 pod of the S-8OM? And will 1 S-8OM - illumination rocket be enough to light up an area long enough to lock, fire and lase the target till the Vicker hits? Or what is the burn time on the S-8OM - illumination rocket?

S-8OFP2 - blast-fragmentation rocket. What is the raidus of fragmentation from the blast center? I an gessing that on soft targets theas will be more success full at destroying the target than the standard S-8HE round. As they require a dirct hit to destroy the target. Is this a correct statment?

Endless play time is not needed. All that IS needed is for the dedicated server to have the ability to go through a map rotation process. For example, you can put three multiplayer maps in the "multiplayer" folder and the server simply changes the map every hour or whatever the server admin wants to configure in some type of config file. This resolved the problem of people spending a large amount of time in the editor setting of tons of triggers to facilitate hours of gameplay. It also keeps the players happy because they get more variety.

Most other games with dedicated servers have this ability. I do agree that the longevity of the game/sim depends heavily on a multiplayer community and at some point in time I hope a dedicated server module is released.

Edited by AlphaInfinity

Ok I unders stand the sever things now thanks for the discription.

1 I still want to know, What is the raidus of fragmentation from the blast center of the S-8OFP2?

2 Will 1 S-8OM - illumination rocket be enough to light up an area long enough to lock, fire and lase the target till the Vicker hits? Or what is the burn time on the S-8OM - illumination rocket?

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

The burn time for the flare is right there in the description, 35 seconds, you even quoted the answer to your question. If you need more than 35 seconds, for more flares at intervals, giving you up to 52 seconds to do your thing. If you need more than 52 seconds, you will have to have your wingman fire a continuous string of illumination rockets for you.

Looks like there'll be some really nice additions in the patch. I particularly like the ability to include tracks in missions- great stuff guys :). I do have one question, though: Is there any news on bugfixes/improvements to the multi-monitor features of the sim?

Cheers,

DD

I hope the great looking new models for the crucial MI26 and MI8 will be ready in time for the patch--it would be worth an extra week to have them in.

Thanks for all your work guys.

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

From EECH .ini a couple of good options:

-interpolate helicopter position for smoother visuals

-pause server if no clients connected

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Looks like there'll be some really nice additions in the patch. I particularly like the ability to include tracks in missions- great stuff guys :). I do have one question, though: Is there any news on bugfixes/improvements to the multi-monitor features of the sim?

Cheers,

DD

My thoughts exactly. Seems like the trimming hassle will now be solved, and in a way which will suite everyone. What I'm looking especially is are the issues with multimonitor usage in Multiplay going to be solved? I'd like to be able to have Multiplay sessions with my SHVAL+ABRIS on the second monitor.