An Open Letter to the Community

EvilBivol-1

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm totally aware of the whole .. lets say B. T. Wagner debate and I totally agree with the measures being taken to secure the product however I am less than impressed with this solution.

Other changes to the plan include increased protection of the western version by means of required activation for both the online download and retail versions.

I'm sorry but could someone clarify why those of us that are going to buy the DCS: BS DVD need to activate the product? LO: FC DVD has never needed activation, which is why I purchased it over the DL version, and that still remains uncracked. Are we being punished becasue a few num nuts were able to breach the security of the Russian version of BS? If LO: FC is still secure then why not use the same version of Star Force for the western DVD of DCS: BS?

And how would you activate with out an internet connection?

Edited by Cosmonaut
  • Like 1

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

MHO

I was sorry to see that the product was so quicky comprimised,and

I totally support DCS on all of there decisions since, and wish to thank all of the team for there effort in trying to realise the dreams of the community.

PS, Now Ive said that "What are you waiting for Get back to work on making my dreams come true".:smilewink:

As I have already stated before I will buy every version that would be available and probably at least several times, all ED products deserve support. Just a question to clarify something, what happens with support if someone buys me a copy of the russian version in russia and sends it here to me (UK) or if I buy a copy in Russia\Ukraine myself (you dont need a visa for Ukraine). I can understand russian to a degree but when it comes to posting questions I'm affraid I will be stuck.

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand how denying the west an option to legitimately buy the Russian version which has already been compromised is in any way helpful to anyone, surely all it does is lead to temptation and thus more piracy?

Maybe I'm missing something?

• Like 2

Well I totally understand the stance of the company and agree that they should take what ever measures they need to secure their product.

In the games/sims world release dates for products some time slip.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

Why didn't they secure it like LO:FC in the first place. Also CDKEY should be a must for online-play and updates - this encourages more people to buy the game.

• Like 1

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Well we saw this coming. At least the healthy, thinking bunch on the forum. That some people are so ****ing thickheaded scares me, right out scares me.

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

Thx ED for the update.

I feel very comfortable here and I must admit that I really appreciate your openess. I have never seen another company answering almost every question in a very short time and providing such awesome videos like Wags producers notes, instead of releasing 2-3 rendered fake trailers.

I feel very sorry for you guys having to deal with all those trolls and idiots. But they are part of the internet. You can find them everywhere.

I am looking forward for the demo and I`ll wait patiently until I`ll be able to purchase the western DVD.

But I have to give some critics also. You could have give us the information about the russion online version not beeing able to western people a lot earlier. Now that I know it wont be available, I dont have to wait for it.

You are doing an awesome community job and have a "most-wanted" product just about to be released. Keep it up guys!

Well we saw this coming. At least the healthy, thinking bunch on the forum. That some people are so ****ing thickheaded scares me, right out scares me.

This was just bound to happen, nothing you can do about it. Especially with the western and CIS versions at least 3 months apart, it must have been very tempting to hack the product. What i don't get is why developers even bother to invest money into copy protection. It took them like what, 3 days to crack it, does this justify the investment? Not that i don't support EDs decision to protect their property, just thinking about cost-effectiveness.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

After 10 years of Falcon I sort of expected this to happen. It is, regrettably, human nature. Thank you for your post which is very much appreciated. We will wait, knowing that what we will get will be a better product. This will give us a little more time to organize our forum for the release of BS and Squad creation.

"Damn you whatever you do!"

Cheers,

Nev

i7@3.8 / 2 SSD OCZ Vertex 2 + 2 Velociraptor / 12GB DDR3 / nV480GTX / 40' LED / T-iR5 / soon HOTAS Warthog / CH Pro Pedals

Q6600 / 2x74GB Raptor / 750 GB Hitachi / 4GB DDR II OCZ / 8800 GTS 512 / Track-IR / Cougar / CH Pro Pedals

From here my support for ED, which, although not always do things as I'd like it's always wise to keep the forms and discuss the issues with calm and logic, and with respect to who develops a simulator so great.

And know that although there is a lot of loose baby, who fill the forums of nonsense, we are also adults who understand the love and effort of developing a project so ambitious.

I said.

Sorry for my english.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

Good letter EvilBivol-1.

In my case, I am patiently waiting for opportunity to buy multiple copies (at least two at this time) of the BS!!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Sorry to hear about the cracking. I have to say though, it's not even in the slightest bit unusual or unexpected. It happens to every game now. (With only a couple of exceptions). I also suspect that even with the new tweaks like the online activation etc, it will still be cracked. Of the last few games I read about with that kind of protection, one lasted about a week until it was cracked, one actually lasted very long and took about a month, and one (very recently) was cracked the day after it was released... I think it's inevitable unfortunately.

Hopefully there can be a CD Key check on the multiplayer because at least then it might encourage some pirates to buy it so they can do multiplayer. The rest is down to fate though really. I personally would put a message on the front of the game too. Before the company logos etc, have a cleverly worded message that appeals to the sense of fairness in the downloader and explains that the money IS needed to support the game in the future and for there to ever be a chance of addons/sequel etc. I think most pirates are not even convinced it's a problem.

Oh well. Hopefully there will be enough good people out there who will buy it anyway. And I hope the big marketing blitz to gets the word out to a lot of people.

Personally I think that ED etc should be shown a bit more respect by some of the community. Yes its looking like its going to be another delay, but at the end of the day the idiots that acted imorally that have created this mess and no one at ED is to blame.

At the end of the day it is their product, their hard work and they can do what they bloody well like with it (even put Starforce on it;) if they want).

I am very much looking forward to it's western release and am happy to to wait for it, I just think that some people on here need to have a bit of a word with themselves and stop getting so wound up by what is essentially a piece of entertainment. Go outside, take a walk, meet a girl, get some sun, take up a sport, just stop sitting in your house whining like a 5 year old kid that you cant play with your toy helicopter.

As i said i am really looking forward to getting BS but its not going to ruin my life if I dont get it within the next 6 months odd.

Why didn't they secure it like LO:FC in the first place. Also CDKEY should be a must for online-play and updates - this encourages more people to buy the game.

It's weird to me too. Only few people can play pirated FC and validation keeps cracked ArmA form patching succesfully for a while at least. It can also mean that DCS has got MUCH more attention than LO FC thus more people working on cracking it.

Lets be honest though...most people who will have pirated this will be fans of the game, and probably post on this forum.

The mistake really is with the staggered release (NOT ED's fault in any way) .. once people know it is out, the "I must have it at any cost" behavior starts.

If they can't buy it right that second, then they'll consider pirating it...not because it is cheaper, but because it is quicker.

I for one am happy to wait...I'm a "first impressions" kinda guy..I like to whatch all the intro movies, fully explore all the menu options and run through all the tutorials of a new game...as I don't speak russian, I wouldn't be able to do any of those things on a russian version...therefore I wouldn't enjoy it....and I sooo want to enjoy it.

Looking forward to the Demo!

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand how denying the west an option to legitimately buy the Russian version which has already been compromised is in any way helpful to anyone, surely all it does is lead to temptation and thus more piracy?

Maybe I'm missing something?

Yeah, you're missing an MBA. You have to realize that they are doing what's best for the business. I.e., many very smart people looked at the situation and made a decision. I don't think you're in a position to question their decision, unless of course, you do have an MBA.

... Firstly and most importantly, the security of the retail version of the Russian release of DCS: Black Shark was compromised. Understandably, in this situation 1C and ED/TFC had to reconsider their release plans for both the Russian and western versions to make sure the product and the interests of the company are protected as much as possible under the circumstances.

Is this really true?

... Other changes to the plan include increased protection of the western version by means of required activation for both the online download and retail versions.

although I agree with this decision (or rather, considering that I cannot do anything to change it), I'm deeply wounded.

Why of this tightening of security for the European versions? I am not a thief and I do not piracy. Yet we are treated as if we were thieves and hackers. I am deeply disappointed and hurt.

Peoples buying your products are peoples who appreciate your work and are willing to pay for your work (even twice, if necessary).

Perhaps we deserve a little more confidence!!!!!

it was decided that an online version of the Russian release would no longer be offered to western consumers as we had announced earlier.

I study and know russian language, and it was my desire to buy only the Russian version of BS. And now I must wait unnecessarily touches nearly 4 months, in order to buy, even if it's already available.

I'd like to buy directly from 1C, but it appears that's not possible for peoples living in Europe.

Really hoping to be able to buy russian version and not be forced to buy the english version.

I say this because if you changed your mind once you can do it again.

We have spent a tremendous effort over the past year to keep the community well informed and up to date with product plans. I would like to remind you of our continual presence on the forum and openness to product questions, nearly monthly development updates, Producer’s Notes videos, general screenshots and videos, feature explainers (radio modeling, AI routines), sneak peeks into some of ED/TFC’s future plans, etc. By “us,” I mean not only ED/TFC staff, but also members of the ED Testers and ED Partners teams, many of whom have been actively supporting product discussion.

to what end? to continue to read: "that looks beautiful", but you must wait ... be patient ... wait ...

or to continue reading unnecessary speculations on releases time, useless whis list and who knows what other things ...

... We understand and accept the reality that we can’t please everyone all the time. Do you?

sorry, but at the moment I'm furious ... will end ... I cannot do anything to change any things ... however I wrote what I thought!

antonio

• Like 2

Wags wrote

we had planned to release the demo in December but we'll now try our best to provide it much sooner to you all

I´m having all my hopes in that part of the text!!

I know wags is not going to let us down.

That text give us a open window to possibly get the demo on November!:lol:

Skuda

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic56197_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

AMD Phenom IIx4 955 Black Edition@3.2Ghz

Asus M4A785TD-M EVO 6Ghz DDR3 1033

NVidia Geforce GTX 570 hd1280 Mb GDDR5

I'm totally aware of the whole .. lets say B. T. Wagner debate and I totally agree with the measures being taken to secure the product however I am less than impressed with this solution.

I'm sorry but could someone clarify why those of us that are going to buy the DCS: BS DVD need to activate the product? LO: FC DVD has never needed activation, which is why I purchased it over the DL version, and that still remains uncracked. Are we being punished becasue a few num nuts were able to breach the security of the Russian version of BS? If LO: FC is still secure then why not use the same version of Star Force for the western DVD of DCS: BS?

And how would you activate with out an internet connection?

I won't have access to the internet where I'll be moving to, BUT, please let's hold off on the premature accusation. Things could change, for better or for worst, tomorrow or two months from now.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

I think there's one mistake here from the ED/TFC team : they should have released the game worldwide at the same time. Because now that the Russians are able to buy the game, the rest of the world is frustrated, and will finally make all they can do to have it...

Now the dev team try to find a solution, maybe they should use the same game protection as Arma, Bf2 and others where the key of the game is checked each time you want to play on internet ? So people is forced to buy the game to play online !

Good luck with the future anyway, we're waitting this game to be released and I'm confident with the future !

Edited by Xjikz
correction of my poor english..

Proud to be a [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] :joystick::pilotfly::book: