Open Beta 3.5.3.23225 to 2.5.3.23788 won't happen

Turner

This is not the first time I run into the problem of the Open Beta client (the only one I run) not updating. One patch (don't recall which one specifically) I had to wait for a week for the client to update, other times it's been days. Very frustrating as I'm a active online player.

So to clarify, the version I have installed: Open Beta 2.5.3.23225 (disregard topic typo!)

Should patch to: Open Beta 2.5.3.23788

I launch DCS through the DCS_updater every time. Whether that has anything to do with it I have no idea but what I hear every time I ask around about the issue is to 'force the update by launching the DCS updater' ... which is actually what I do every time starting DCS. Is this causing problems for me in the end? I wouldn't know.

Is anyone having the same issue of a client not finding updates and/or a solution to the problem, let's hear it.

Thanks

Edited by Turner
typo corr

cmd.jpg

The above command in Win10 "powershell" solved the problem. So now I know how to force update the client manually, worked like a charm. Hope this helps someone in the future should they also encounter this problem. Just make sure you open powershell in the 'bin' folder f ex by holding left shift and right click the bin folder & select open powershell.