Finding targets

Well I am not sure what you are asking if you have read the docs. The manuals, and the training missions have 99% of the info needed.

For finding targets:

For the F15C you need to use the radar. If you have a spike on the TEWS and you dont see it on the 'scope', then try slewing the radar in elevation/azimuth.

Russian birds radar works a bit diff. In ILV mode, the range is cut down, but will be able to see both approaching and retreating planes. In HI mode, you will only be able to see approaching planes. In MED mode you will only be able to see retreating planes. In both HI and MED, you have greater range. The MiG has a drastically shorter range than the Su. You also have EOS, which only picks up heat sources, but has a pretty short range. Retreating targets are easier to see. You will also pick up missles in EOS, I have once locked a missile when trying to lock target, and fired on it. I dont believe the missiles collided, so be careful.

By identifying, do you mean IFF? Because that should be in the docs. For F15, rectangle enemy, dot friendly. For Russian, 1 horizontal dash enemy 2 horizontal dashes friendly (On HUD). On Scope if in radar TWS mode or getting data link from AWACS/GCI, circle is friendly, triangle is enemy.

For russian planes, using EOS, everything shows as enemy. Only radar will IFF.

Now if you mean to identify type of AC. F15 will ID if you have the target locked, and are close enough. For Russian, it is not possible with radar/eos.

And you can always ID visually, but you need to get close.