Button recognized but no react ingame

Good day,

I have a problem with button 7 on my Virpil T50CM2..

In settings I have a button binded but if I click this button ingame, there are no reactions. In VPC Configuration Software, I can see how the button is activated.

Example: F-14B or F-18 dispense Countermeasure ist binded to Button 21 (physical button 7) but it does not drop flares.

I tested other games and it worked without any problems.

Edited by Patroffel

Modules:

M-2000C, Mig-21bis, JF-17, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-14A&B, A-10C, AV-8B, Spitfire LF Mk. IX

Devices:

Virpil TM50CM2 Grip with WarBRD Base, TM Warthog Throttle, Saitek PRO Flight Rudder

Keep in mind you have to setup the aircraft correctly to use flares and, obviously, have them onboard. The button is used for different functions in F-14B - in landing config it's DLC, in A2A combat it's pilot controlled CM (set by RIO).

To rule out the joy button issue use the key binding to test.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Keep in mind you have to setup the aircraft correctly to use flares and, obviously, have them onboard. The button is used for different functions in F-14B - in landing config it's DLC, in A2A combat it's pilot controlled CM (set by RIO).

To rule out the joy button issue use the key binding to test.

Yes, I have tested it already. The key bind works without any problems.

I know that I have to setup the plane correctly but this was just an example.

Modules:

M-2000C, Mig-21bis, JF-17, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-14A&B, A-10C, AV-8B, Spitfire LF Mk. IX

Devices:

Virpil TM50CM2 Grip with WarBRD Base, TM Warthog Throttle, Saitek PRO Flight Rudder

Yes, it recognize the button. I could bind this button to any action and it won't react if I fly.

Modules:

Devices:

I think yes because I have to download the firmware and to calibrate. I‘ll give a look today without the software.

Modules:

Devices:

Make sure this is not bound to something in the UI Layer controls.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Yep, check UI Layer,

Next, if you are using a Makro tool (Like Joy2Key or the VPC Software), make sure they run at least at the same level of priviledge as DCS -> Try to run the software as Admin just to make sure.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem with JOY_BTN2 on TM WH Throttle in OB - Solved

I have the same problem, just with a different button (see subject) as reported here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4143968&postcount=1

That same button works perfectly in the stable release version. I'm not using TARGET or any other middleman software.

@Patroffel: have you tried if that button works in the stable version?

Edit:

In my case, the cause of the problem was, I had bound this button to a command in the UI Layer.

Edited by LeCuvier
Found the cause of the problem

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5