British FV107 Scimitar

no worries mate i fixed it by downloading your bfvg map mods the scimitar wit landy etc

so its all good thank you any ideah when the farp pack or bfvg 2 ? is it cos th elink dont work

is out cos i want that bedford truck badly

,,,many years of bone shakinig in the back of one of them as well as c hokin on its exhaust fumes lol

also where are the army or vehicle to which country lists held?

want to add paladin to th euk forces so i dont haved to use foreign kit for example so i can us the paladin as we have our own SPG in reality

If you want to add the M109 to the UKs listing you will need to add the following line

cnt_unit( units.Cars.Car, "M-109");

in the db_countries.lua. I would recommend adding it at line 1292 in the script. Once you have done this you will be able to select the SPH M109 Paladin under country UK in the mission editor. :thumbup:

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is the lua file location:

attachment.php?attachmentid=180429&stc=1&d=1520355509

This is the lua file area to update:

attachment.php?attachmentid=180430&stc=1&d=1520355509

This the outcome I have:

attachment.php?attachmentid=180431&stc=1&d=1520355509

Usually when DCS won't start its because the semi colon at the the end of the line in the lua file has been missed off. A simple thing like this will cause a failed startup of the program.

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

what tools do i require to skin vehicles mate im gonna skin he paladin to british colour=s as well as mlrs and all the oter vehicles that also exist inthe UKLF force

have enough experience doing it for il2 but DCS models are a different animal so what tools do i need mate

bugger ill save it somewhere hen lol thanks mate

I can help you solve that riddle.

I've been making textures for DCS for a while and randomly some **_db.lua or some description.lua just wouldn't work, exaclty like it happens to you.

The culprit is the text editing software you use.

Whenever I used Notepad to open any DCS text files it always made a mess...

If you use Wordpad you're golden.

Trust me, it works!

As a test, try to add another vehicle as Suntsag said, using Wordpad it'll work.

i just want mlrs paladin and avenger in british green and black DPM withthe union jack on the rear bumpers as per british vehicles of the 80s through to early 2000's similar to the bfvg landrover etc

as those vehicls exist inthe uklf packages that way i dont haved to suffer non uk colour schemes when fighting as uklf lol

was able to pen mlrs for example in gimp but it wont save inthe right file type so aye any help with those vehicles listed would be great

so to recap MLRS , PALADIN and AVENGER in uklf DPM colour schemes

oh on the point of ading units to uk lists i got the paladin listed in uk force sow thanks to suntang

i did try with motepad++ didnt work so suntang sent me his nd its fine but id also like to add infantry to uk forces as i downloaded the uk DPM skin for them and the avenger id like to add too but thats a seperate issue to the colour schemes of course

OK try this

http://www.mediafire.com/file/y8z39y4tm5wyt44/m109_summer%28british+16%29.dds

Place it in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\World\textures\Y3_FInal_Texture

delete m109_summer.bmp.dds and change the name of my file to m109_summer.bmp.dds

I'll try and make a JSGME file at some point.

Edited by Dave317

ok i figured itout i needed dxlite to cnvert to and from bmpto dds so i did a skin for the mlrs but the lttle union jack and brigade badges come out too blury how can i sharpen them whilst making them small enough to work on the skin? i tried increasing pixels and downsizeing the scale but stil blury as hell

ok two files for you those that are interested follow daves instructions above on where tpo put them

first the MLRS

http://www.mediafire.com/file/c1zavz43jc6acyk/mlrs_summer.bmp%5B1%5D.dds

then the avenger as uk starstreak this one goes inthe y2 folder not the y3 as the mlrs

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vzpvad3a152p8eg/hummer_aveng_summer.bmp.dds

off topic we run a campaign every sunday about 10 uk local time to about 6-7 pm

your all welcome to participate pm me for teamspeak data any who are interested

two of us do the map work inthe week i move the NATO stuff around and my opo places the comitern stuff around the map then we run it of a sunday

plz do drop in for air or ground action

Edited by JFCshloss

• 2 weeks later...