2nd keyboard with custom key mappings?

Not really.

In that command prompt/powershell window it only recognises install-interception.exe with .\ placed before it.

Ok, lets do that.

.\install-interception.exe

It does bla bla something ? Asks permision to something Y/N....Y

I then type in .\remapper.exe and push enter key on usb numpad only I dont get device ID.

I do get reference to "multi keyboard remapper v1.0 by Steve Haigh, 2112design.com © 2015 with acknowledgement to Francisco Lopes for Interception."

Begin again.

.\install-interception.exe

Restart PC

.\remapper.exe

multi keyboard remapper v1.0 by Steve Haigh, 2112design.com © 2015 with acknowledgement to Francisco Lopes for Interception.

So..........no, its not working

indeed, broken in win10

I pm'ed the github author, maybe he reacts

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

I find them too big, no room on my desk, have 4 screens and 2x HOTAS already there, these keypads are small

You must dedicate an entire room to flight simming. This will solve all of those space problems. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

Hello

If I want my second keyboard to controll only the CDU panel A-X and 0-10 on a-10c

How and what would the DCS_remapper.txt look like then?

I really want my second keyboard to only write CDU panels stuff letter a-x and number 0-9 only

Hello

If I want my second keyboard to controll only the CDU panel A-X and 0-10 on a-10c

How and what would the DCS_remapper.txt look like then?

I really want my second keyboard to only write CDU panels stuff letter a-x and number 0-9 only

Completely possible if the CDU panels have keypress assignments. I would go for some of the CDU panels that is available in all simulation shops already.

Completely possible if the CDU panels have keypress assignments. I would go for some of the CDU panels that is available in all simulation shops already.

Thanks

How would my DCS_remapper code be then?

Like this only?

HID\VID_04F3&PID_0103&REV_0107&MI_00

enter a comment with a space at the start of the line like this
A A Letter A
B B Letter B
C C Letter C
D D Letter D

And so on....

Thanks

How would my DCS_remapper code be then?

Like this only?

HID\VID_04F3&PID_0103&REV_0107&MI_00

A A Letter A
B B Letter B
C C Letter C
D D Letter D

And so on....

Yes something like that.

your first column needs to be the actual original ASCII or keycode (listed on the wiki page or web page somewhere),

then substitute keycode, then your comment

like for a numpad (and set your numlock properly)

HID\VID_05C7&PID_7001&REV_0003&MI_00
Keypad GREY remapper

Num/ C-F weapon mode Rotate LEFT
Num* A-F weapon mode Rotate RIGHT
BS RESET button

Num7 Z
Num8 H
Num9 H
Num- Z 

Num4 Q
Num5 Q AUTO TURN
Num6 A-S HEADON A-A
Num+ rS-O Laser standby -OFF

remapper doesn't seem to work under Win 10 though, works under Win 7

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

remapper doesn't seem to work under Win 10 though, works under Win 7

Works perfect under Windows 10. You just need to work in Administrator mode on all scripts and also provide the complete path to the remapper.exe and the complete path to the keyboard config file.

Works perfect under Windows 10. You just need to work in Administrator mode on all scripts and also provide the complete path to the remapper.exe and the complete path to the keyboard config file.

OK good news, I'll dust off that keypad I still have lying around ..

• 2 weeks later...
Are you able to read ?

Well, yes I can. Perhaps if I were to add that I grew up in age where telephones were permanently attached to a wall, and were operated only after turning a crank handle on the side.

I'm able to read, yes and write (joined up letters also) I'm just stuck when it comes to computer language. Does that make sense?

I can certainly read enough for every day life, but when it comes to "cmd" "cd" "command prompt" and writing script, well I just cannot read that.

I don't see it as my fault, so long as I try to do something about it.

This, I am doing. But as you can see from my post (you can read) I'm struggling a little.

I did make references to my ability by admitting

"Please note, I'm not the brightest bulb when it comes to this sort of thing"

"It's maybe picking up that I'm too stupid to use it?"

PLEASE majapahit

It must be taken into account that these posts were written, not stabbed, on the keyboard.

I'm not intending to be angry, I'm faced with a problem, I'm confused. I thought I had found an answer only to turn myself around in ever diminishing circles until I vanished.

I will continue with my effort, and strive to learn from all things.

Hi Pocketedition, what type of joystick device do you use and do you use a multiplier key to increase the inputs?

I ask because if you have a spare button anywhere in reach, add it as a multiplier in DCS and then you can use any input device as a second device, it replicates the keyboard, but when you push the multiplier, you can use you second input device how you want?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
interesting idea about the pickey switch, i'll try that, thanks

I've remapped a keyboard for F/A-18's UFC & MFDs(the below keyboard in pic), it works fine. Regardless those Chinese character, they can be easily translated in English.

I should upload my script txt if interested.

@steve2112

@HiJack

IMG_20200225_1128505.thumb.jpg.f2b1484a07fc1f7bda232131811ecaec.jpg

Samsung MR+ | HTC vive + TPCast Wireless Adaptor | Titan RTX(as DeepLearning Computing) | MCG pro + TWCS | 8600k @4.5G | hyperX DDR4 16Gx4 | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB x2 (for Training samples fast R/W)

• 1 month later...
I also had this working in Win 7. Loved it. Moved to Win 10. no joy.

I tried running as admin mode, compatibility mode. The CMD window seems to pop up and go away in a second.

Any one have a fix?

Yes.

1. In Win 10 search box you write "cmd" and select the "Run as administrator" just under the command window icon that shows up. Nothing will work if this is done wrong.

2. Navigate the commandline window to the folder where you have the remapper installed. (f.eks mine is: C:\script\remapper)

3. When in the correct folder with the command window you run the "install-interception.exe" program with the switch /install. Command should look like this: install-interception.exe /install

4. Ensure you have a return information that the interception program states "INSTALLED".

5. reboot the pc.

6. for the remapper to work in Windows 10 the "remapper.exe" must be set to compatibility mode for Windows 7 and set to run as administrator.

7. Edit the batch file you use to start the remapper to include the complete path to the remapper.exe file. Se my example of batch job in the code section.

If your command window just quits without you seeing what is displayed then just add a "pause" in the end of the batch job. Hope this helps folks getting the remapper working in Windows 10. :thumbup:

Batchjob example. (rename the batch file to <whatevername>.cmd)

cd C:\script\remapper\
C:\script\remapper\remapper.exe DCS_FC3_remapper.txt

Hmmm... Seems I need to revisit this, as I have tons of extra keybords.

Currently I went with extra macro keyboards with "individual" key lighting.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Remember to install both Microsoft Visual C++ redistributals 2010. Both 64bit and 32bit, at least that's what I did.

Remember to install both Microsoft Visual C++ redistributals 2010. Both 64bit and 32bit, at least that's what I did.
Thanks. Will re-read the thread as I cannot remember why I gave this up. Tried luamacros and some other alternative, but as far as I remember this seemed to be the best alternative.

Are all "files"/last version available?

Also, has anybody tried something like "glow in the dark"/blacklight to paint the keyboard? I like to fly in the dark.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Context: I'm not doing this for gaming or simulations - I just prefer using my mouse over my keyboard and I want to add buttons to my mouse along the general idea of the Azeron gaming keypad m7Bsnhq. The mechanicals are going to be a challenge, but in the end it will be micro switches. Those switches will be connected to a control board scavenged from a keyboard. So these extra mouse buttons will be equivalent to keys on a 2nd keyboard. Hence my posting in this thread.

Questions: 2112design's page on wixsite has links to his remapper software and to the configuration file format:

http://www.2112design.com/downloads/remapper1.0.zip

http://www.2112design.com/blog/multi-keyboard-remapper/

Both of those links redirect to a page of ads for music software. So, does anyone have a copy of the zip and blog? (BTW - the zip is available from downloads.cnet.com, but I don't trust that site.)

This software is EXACTLY what I need and I was delighted to find it, but if there is other software that does 2nd keyboard remapping, I'd like to know about it too.

Thanks, Bob

Both of those links redirect to a page of ads for music software. So, does anyone have a copy of the zip and blog? (BTW - the zip is available from downloads.cnet.com, but I don't trust that site.)

This software is EXACTLY what I need and I was delighted to find it, but if there is other software that does 2nd keyboard remapping, I'd like to know about it too.

Thanks, Bob

Me too

R5 2600 @4.2 GHZ, 16GB ram @ 3133, 1060 6GB at 2100 and 4400 970 Evo, TM16000M FCS Flight Pack and old eyes. Just an old Hillbilly that does what he wants when he wants...if I can get out of bed!

• 1 month later...
Context: I'm not doing this for gaming or simulations - I just prefer using my mouse over my keyboard and I want to add buttons to my mouse along the general idea of the Azeron gaming keypad m7Bsnhq. The mechanicals are going to be a challenge, but in the end it will be micro switches. Those switches will be connected to a control board scavenged from a keyboard. So these extra mouse buttons will be equivalent to keys on a 2nd keyboard. Hence my posting in this thread.

Questions: 2112design's page on wixsite has links to his remapper software and to the configuration file format:

http://www.2112design.com/downloads/remapper1.0.zip

http://www.2112design.com/blog/multi-keyboard-remapper/

Thanks, Bob

I found it on cnet