Eurofighter typhoon

There is so much work to be done to have a product ready. There is however one more key factor that was never mentioned: EFFICIENCY.

And VEAO did not excel in EFFICIENCY.

I do apreciate VEAO for their dedication and the fact they never stop working on their products.

I did not appreciate VEAO claiming almost every time that is ED fault for their bugs.

VEAO really have to reassess their know-how in programming for DCS and also I am sure that sending people for hands-on training to ED premises will improve a lot their work. ED also need to accept such approach for all their DLC developers. Hopefully this was already started, if not, then is time.

• Like 1

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Good luck VEAO. Ignore the naysayers. The silent majority desperately want the Typhoon and hope you succeed. We sympathise with the difficult position you find yourself in with ED.

Agreed.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

(...)

I did not appreciate VEAO claiming almost every time that is ED fault for their bugs.

As far as I have read, they never "claimed it is ED's fault" and certainly not everytime they had issues, there were a lot of details of the development, where they ran into issues of their own making, where they needed to redo parts, etc. and there were statements, that after a patch to DCS World an engine stopped creating thrust, without VEAO touching their code and there was a comment, that due to the new Eagle Dynamics engine's API it was necessary to start a complete recode of the EFM and ASM.

Simple facts, no blaming or claiming.

VEAO really have to reassess their know-how in programming for DCS and also I am sure that sending people for hands-on training to ED premises will improve a lot their work. ED also need to accept such approach for all their DLC developers. Hopefully this was already started, if not, then is time.

They already did reassess and adjust. If you would have followed the development of the Hawk closely they actually all the time adjusted and optimized, based on experience made.

Last info I remember from a recent update by Chris, he pointed out, that one of the constants causing trouble is the way they try to use data from the DCS World engine and use it to model accurate fuel and hydraulics modelling based on the values coming from the API.

Other 3rd parties seem not to use this detail of modeling, thus have less issues with changes to the sim core. (I actually don't know, but Zeus67 said they use data tables for certain calculations, and as I understood, VEAO did actually calculate hydraulics, fuel pressure etc. dynamically...)

Anyway, it isn't important, why there were delays, but that they had delays, and adjusted to multiple issues.

From what I've read, there is simply the issue of contracts for some models were not "prolonged" and ED adjusted the Contract/License terms, so for a prolongation the new contract terms need to be evaluated by legal and maybe it is required by ED to have more substantial progress as in the past, but we simply don't know. So we may wait for either ED or VEAO to give an official statement.

I am pretty sure they won't stop working on the other modules, because of this.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

What we make public and what actually happens are two very different things.

You guys will have to accept that you never know how much work goes on, especially as we have made and stand by the decision not to show modules in development.

You are welcome to speculate as much as you wish, but that is all it is

Pman

Let's back to basics:

We're clients. The truth is we don't know nor really care about your company's inner problems. We don't really care about contracts or staff problems. You were blocking too many aircrafts for few years - this is a fact. Not an subjective opinion of some frustrated, random guys. Just don't do it again, please.

Waaaaa

Wow, doesn't take much for the wolf pack to start circling does it. Such a hostile crowd to please - makes you wonder if it really is worth getting into the sim dev market???

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

Good luck VEAO. Ignore the naysayers. The silent majority desperately want the Typhoon and hope you succeed. We sympathise with the difficult position you find yourself in with ED.

Good lord. I want EF most than any other module. I knew that we won't get it from VEAO before 2020s because of their ridiculous schedule. What's really bad is no other company was able to make it beacuse it was blocked. For few years.

But yes - you can still have your fingers crossed...for even more few years to come.

Waaaaa

Rage strikes again. If you really want want the Typhoon like you say, hope that another 3rd Party Dev or ED gets access to the date and develop it. You wont see it from VEAO as things looks. It is a too big fish.

I wish VEAO all the success, but I care more about getting quality products.

Let's back to basics:

We're clients. The truth is we don't know nor really care about your company's inner problems. We don't really care about contracts or staff problems. You were blocking too many aircrafts for few years - this is a fact. Not an subjective opinion of some frustrated, random guys. Just don't do it again, please.

Shagrat is not a member of the company, he beta tests out of the goodness of his heart (which seems pretty good to me) . Please replace "we" with. "I" in your statements, you do not speak for me. I am not sure how many devs you think are waiting to develop all these aircraft you say have been "blocked" for years, but I can't think of anyone else who will do them if VEAO don't. There is definitely no one else who has the access to information on the Typhoon that VEAO do.

• Like 1

PC:

Although we may blame ED for their faults, they indeed have many, they are also responsable for the third parties actions, for good and for bad. Seems here that VEAO is not comply with expectations, and ED had to knock their attention... And an extension it is a call for every third party.

This is a bad, and good thing. VEAO is not "vetoed", it is just a "work harder". I see a good point here, ED demanding a good final product.

I wish the best for VEAO and not give up.

Rage strikes again. If you really want want the Typhoon like you say, hope that another 3rd Party Dev or ED gets access to the date and develop it. You wont see it from VEAO as things looks. It is a too big fish.

Good lord. I want EF most than any other module. I knew that we won't get it from VEAO before 2020s because of their ridiculous schedule. What's really bad is no other company was able to make it beacuse it was blocked. For few years.

VEAO is probably the closest 3d party developer to get a Typhoon into DCS as they are already in contact with BAE. But for such an aircraft it takes months, years to get a license to develop it for public. So it wouldn't be different with any other developer team, they would need the same amount of time for an agreement with BAE.

Not to mention the develop time itself.

• Like 1
Although we may blame ED for their faults, they indeed have many, they are also responsable for the third parties actions, for good and for bad. Seems here that VEAO is not comply with expectations, and ED had to knock their attention... And an extension it is a call for every third party.

This is a bad, and good thing. VEAO is not "vetoed", it is just a "work harder". I see a good point here, ED demanding a good final product.

I wish the best for VEAO and not give up.

I am not sure how you get that there are any punitive measures in a contract expiring and not yet being renewed, but don't let me spoil the story.

PC:

He is not talking about punitive measures.

Its only VEAO needs more time to finish and show they work and ED is waiting for that to renew the contract.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Let's do something people!

We, as a niche community need to express our support to those few devs that took this hard challenge. I had expressed my point of view here... good and bad things equally, hoping that sincerely feedback will be taken constructively by VEAO.

But what can we do as community? We can support them in our way, by buying their products .. so that they might have some more resources to be allocated. Those products that are very probable to be dismissed... let them out of discussion for now. Focus all your resources on what you have already done: Hawk and P-40. Make them both shine... it is possible.

VEAO : Use your Hawk2 rebuild to attract some extra money by adding a support payment for it. You have to provide the updated version to everyone, but create one more item to be bought by those supportive people as a bonus and allow those to write for example their name somewhere in the cockpit :)... or on fuselage... whatever. But again, the plane have to have same technical characteristics to everyone...

Use your future P-40 to prove that you were the first DLC creators here and make it shine as well. Add 10$ for anybody who wants to express their support for this plane too.

Finally, create proper expectation for timelines after you have clearly discussed with ED their plans. After this the community trust will be increased and then will be easier to go forward.

Will it be people around here wanting to encourage VEAO... by more then just wishing them good luck? I do !

Edited by Abburo

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

All what you need to do as a community member or consumer is to decide if you want to buy their products or not. Leave constructive criticism in a nice way even though you are dissapointed and payed your own hard earned money.

VEAO is already so nice and allows people to refund their money and offers more options about refunding for other modules.

They surely learned developing aircraft modules for DCS the hard way by now and I think we should appreciate that they are still trying to keep up on it and spend time, spend effort and more important take on that hard criticism to develop the Typhoon for DCS, a public community. It's not cancelled as far as I understood, only the contracts with ED/TFC ran out after a 3 year term but it's still on VEAO's development list.

However this whole community thing, how we should do as a community, would go to much off the main topic here.

• ED Team
THis.

so it means, they are not fired... just "ey, you didnt progress as expected", so i take some exclusiveness from you until you show your real progress.

This is how I see it.

Yes, nothing really changed right now, the Hawk is still being worked on, the P-40 is progressing, just some development contracts have expired. No one "fired".

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png