blurry prop disc

crousti

Yes, I think we all get to see a yellow tip on the prop blade. This was done to protect ground crew, make the disc visible while the a/c was on the ground.

Pilots don't need to see it at all and props were generally all black on the pilot side in WW2.

Yes, I think we all get to see a yellow tip on the prop blade. This was done to protect ground crew, make the disc visible while the a/c was on the ground.

Pilots don't need to see it at all and props were generally all black on the pilot side in WW2.

i think you're right about yellow tips""protect ground crew", but the artifact effect during flight is not:) thanks,

I think the issue is more that you can see blur BEYOND the yellow tips. That should not be. There are other flaws in the Mustang prop blur that show up under different lighting conditions.

I have cleaned up many of the issues and submitted them to ED, but no response or changes have occured.

See this thread : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=230270

i,ve had already seen your threads, but why this is not corrected ?:cry: anyway, i'm not the only one !:megalol:

And as far as the prop should not have the yellow tip blur on the pilot side, you are correct. But the Mustang was the first WWII model, and does not have the files to support different effects (front/back) like the newer models do. They would need to update the *.edm model and then add the graphics to support it. Hopefully we will see it down the road.

And as far as the prop should not have the yellow tip blur on the pilot side, you are correct. But the Mustang was the first WWII model, and does not have the files to support different effects (front/back) like the newer models do. They would need to update the *.edm model and then add the graphics to support it. Hopefully we will see it down the road.

wait & see, it should be fine ! thanks for explanations:smilewink:

Modern, restored Mustangs are a mixed bag, but on all vintage photos I found on my PC, both sides of blades were painted, so DCS is accurate in this regard. If only we could trim down this muddy texture around the yellow part!

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.