Recent Hawk purchase

Marujet

Hi there,

Am wondering if anyone knows what I should do as I purchased the Hawk license a couple of days ago on Steam and now it seems like the module is in limbo. A bit disappointing of course but these things happen although I have not even flown the plane and it now has a shelf life? I am primarily concerned that the Hawk will not be compatible with future versions of DCS.

Do I have any recourse? Steam refund doesn't seem like it's possible as this is a DLC. Thanks.

Modules: F-14A/B | F/A-18C | M2000C | AV-8B | Hawk | L-39 | A-10C | C-101 | UH-1 | Normandy | Supercarrier

Easiest way would be to contact Steam support and request refund. DLC are also supported.

https://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

Especially that quote:

There are more details below, but even if you fall outside of the refund rules we’ve described, you can ask for a refund anyway and we’ll take a look.

One can also argue that Hawk on Steam is a beta and not a finished product. Either way I think in the current situation it will be easier to get the money back from Steam than from VEAO.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

is there any formal announcement on the Hawk module? I just recently purchased the non-Steam version and I see its no longer on sale :doh::doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]| ARMA 3 | DCS MODULES : M2000C | HUEY | A10C | F/A 18 C | Ka-50 | Hawk T1A | Yak 52 | AV-8B | Su 27 | F15C | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Viper( loading:):):) )

is there any formal announcement on the Hawk module? I just recently purchased the non-Steam version and I see its no longer on sale :doh::doh:

Well, there was one but it was deleted when VEAO brought down their facebook page.

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

A question to those more knowledgeable than myself about DCS World.

Will the Hawke become incompatible with future versions of DCS as Marujet has pointed out?

If so, what is your best guess about how long I can keep flying the Hawk which is my favourite trainer?

Cheers

A question to those more knowledgeable than myself about DCS World.

Will the Hawke become incompatible with future versions of DCS as Marujet has pointed out?

If so, what is your best guess about how long I can keep flying the Hawk which is my favourite trainer?

Cheers

Unknown at this stage. We're waiting for a statement from Eagle Dynamics to clarify this.

However one could speculate that ED will do what they can to keep the Hawk compatible with DCS with at least its current level of functionality.

Unknown at this stage. We're waiting for a statement from Eagle Dynamics to clarify this.

However one could speculate that ED will do what they can to keep the Hawk compatible with DCS with at least its current level of functionality.

Maybe they should enable the smoke system beore they go MIA.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]| ARMA 3 | DCS MODULES : M2000C | HUEY | A10C | F/A 18 C | Ka-50 | Hawk T1A | Yak 52 | AV-8B | Su 27 | F15C | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Viper( loading:):):) )

Maybe they should enable the smoke system beore they go MIA.

Considering that they have already gone, it seems a bit late for that.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: