Anyone known how I can add this module to my DCS?

marcoscosta

I found this module i bought some time ago but cant find how I can add to my DCS installation! :music_whistling:

VcU0PvT.jpg

Computer: Potato

Modules: FC3 | M2000C | A/V8B | Viggen | F-5E | F-14B | F-16C | F/A-18 | A-10C | Supercarrier :mad::mad: | UH-1 | MI-8 | Gazelle | KA-50

What you have here is '95 Su-27 Flanker game, which has nothing to do with current Su-27 module for DCS (except for name and developer, of course). I don't think you can add it to DCS, because it's a separate product.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I'm sure it was posted in jest, but that was a very cool simulator at the time. Developed by Eagle Dynamics, it is what kicked off this whole journey that brought us to DCS today. It was released about 4 years after Falcon 3.0 came out, and 3 years before Falcon 4.0 came out - so about right in the middle between those two state of the art simulators. I remember what was particularly impressive for me was how smooth and well everything worked.

Two takeaways from those days for me:

1) It would be nice to have a full fidelity module for the Su-27 (even if it is for an early version) to finish what the 1995 game started.

2) I wish we could get the rest of Crimea added to the Caucasus map. I have read the many arguments around that topic, but I'm still convinced it would be a great addition.

This is what you need to do:

I found this module i bought some time ago but cant find how I can add to my DCS installation! :music_whistling:

VcU0PvT.jpg

Go there -

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/su-27_dcs_world/

Hit the yellow button BUY and finalize the transaction. Then add the module via the in-game manager.

A nice CD you got there, mine was long gone.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I'm sure it was posted in jest, but that was a very cool simulator at the time. Developed by Eagle Dynamics, it is what kicked off this whole journey that brought us to DCS today. It was released about 4 years after Falcon 3.0 came out, and 3 years before Falcon 4.0 came out - so about right in the middle between those two state of the art simulators. I remember what was particularly impressive for me was how smooth and well everything worked.

Two takeaways from those days for me:

1) It would be nice to have a full fidelity module for the Su-27 (even if it is for an early version) to finish what the 1995 game started.

2) I wish we could get the rest of Crimea added to the Caucasus map. I have read the many arguments around that topic, but I'm still convinced it would be a great addition.

Yeah, back in time I was amazed how this game was realistic (in 1995 terms), I dont know, but I always put the DID EF2000 and Total Air War above the Falcon 4.0

Computer: Potato

Modules: FC3 | M2000C | A/V8B | Viggen | F-5E | F-14B | F-16C | F/A-18 | A-10C | Supercarrier :mad::mad: | UH-1 | MI-8 | Gazelle | KA-50

I dont know, but I always put the DID EF2000 and Total Air War above the Falcon 4.0

I'm a huge fan of Falcon 4.0, but it took a very long time to mature. Those early days were not fun: Completing a mission without a CTD was usually regarded as a miracle. Today with BMS the fidelity is great, and there is still something about its campaign engine that no one else has been able to replicate. I'm holding thumbs for the future DCS dynamic campaign engine.

I enjoyed EF2000 also - it seemed to have "atmosphere" that the other ones lacked. Maybe it was the in-game music, maybe the Scandinavian setting, but something about it really kept me engaged.

I must admit that I missed out a little on Total Air War: It came out about the same time as Falcon 4.0 and at that stage I was investing too much time on Falcon.