diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think an F-16 would be ideal because for one thing it has similar setup to the A-10C, all the avionics are available on the net along with manuals etc. It would be a very quick and simple aircraft to model and its popularity means you'll sell alot of copys considering F4AF did so well. In MP it would rock as well you can use the A-10C for FAC and the F-16s for BAI.:thumbup: Ideally you would also need IFF and in game Voice coms to really get the most out of the sim and both HAVQUICK and AIFF are in the MLU Manuals.:joystick:

Indeed, the 16 seems logical.

They could also do the su-25T, a lot is done already. Still not as worldwide popular as the 16, not even close.

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asteroids

Update this

:D

.....smartassmode on.....;)

I will be something they can sell to a military constitution, so it will be a modul, that is still in service in RL, like......???

who cares, guy's, come on, enjoy FC2 and BS! :smartass:

BTW I cant wait for the DCS A-10C....:pilotfly:

McDan out

ohhh yeah, the Apache would not make me cry....

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

Su-37 was scraped long ago. The latest and greatest will be Su-35 which is already much better than the 37 considering its been 15+ years.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

or maybe a Saab?

That will never happen. Sweden sucks when it comes to information about old military aircraft. The Draken is not in use in any country of the world anymore, yet it is still very classified. It is simply too expensive to go through the administrative process of declassifing everything for no reason. Same goes for the Viggen, however that is more understandable since it is newer. We are building one Draken simulator and one Viggen simulator out of real sawed-off cockpits obtained when they were going to the junkyard, and even we are having a hard time finding information when we want to model the systems in our simulators. Of course it gets a little bit easier when you have a network of contacts both inside Saab and inside the Air Force.

However, I would die in happiness if we got a DCS: J35J Draken.

Edited by brydling

Digital-to-Synchro converter for interfacing real aircraft instruments - Thread

Check out my High Input Count Joystick Controller for cockpit builders, with support for 248 switches, 2 POV hats and 13 analog axes. Over 60 units sold. - B256A13

www.novelair.com - The world's most realistic flight simulators of the J35J Draken and the AJS37 Viggen.

nobody wants f-18? :huh:

My all-time favourite, so of course I want it ;) My first simulator ever was F/A-18 Korea for Mac :) However an F-16 would be just as cool for home-cockpit building.

Edited by brydling

Digital-to-Synchro converter for interfacing real aircraft instruments - Thread

Check out my High Input Count Joystick Controller for cockpit builders, with support for 248 switches, 2 POV hats and 13 analog axes. Over 60 units sold. - B256A13

www.novelair.com - The world's most realistic flight simulators of the J35J Draken and the AJS37 Viggen.

You may as well start by eliminating stuff. Here's what it WON'T be (my guess, feel free to add/argue/rant).

It WON'T be:

- AH64D

- Any older Euro/Brit aircraft (Jaguar, Tornado, SAAB's etc)

- Any older US aircraft (F4, Starfighter, Thud etc)

- Eurofighter (Typhoon in Britain, forgotten what they called it elsewhere)

- F22

- F35

- Any carrier based aircraft, so no F14's/18's/Rafale etc (my best guess, the effort involved for this round of DCS to get carrier ops up and running to a decent (DCS) standard is not worth the investment yet.)

I also can't see it being an F16 or Mi24 somehow, but that's just gut feel, nothing more.

You can cry and moan about some of those choices, but that's my GUESS based on the support, info available, and effort involved. As I said, feel free to eliminate further options, you just may end up with a very small list of what they can ultimately do. But I must say, endless requests for flat out impossible projects (AH64D, F22, F35, weird future Ruski planes) is simply doomed to be a waste of space, IMHO.

As I said, feel free to eliminate further options, you just may end up with a very small list of what they can ultimately do. But I must say, endless requests for flat out impossible projects (AH64D, F22, F35, weird future Ruski planes) is simply doomed to be a waste of space, IMHO.

Jolly good, sir, that's why i opt for little nellie [1]

[1]

• Like 1

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I'm with the choice that any aircraft would make me happy.

But..

Being realistic. It only makes sense that the DCS compatibility with FC2 suggests that fighters aren't really the priority of ED...at least not yet.

The best, more logical choice for the next DCS airframe is the BAE Harrier II.

Even though the aircraft is mostly carrier based, it can easily be introduced as land based. Still, it would be an excellent opportunity to introduce minor carrier ops.

Actually, now that I think about it, the X52 would work excellent for the Harrier. The throttle would obviously still be used for the aircraft's throttle, but the precision slider would work perfectly as the vent handle.

Edited by Booger
  • Like 1