Naval Air Station Fallon PLEASE

navyao

Agree completely and have for a while now. With the USN jets becoming the flagships of present day DCS, it makes sense to tuck in a key NAS into NTTR...would help to make it much more relevant.

Very well said...DCS is becoming USN focused right now and the Hornet and Tomcat are/will be the flagship modules. They need a realistic and relevant home base and training area. The NTTR map and Nellis AFB is currently not realistic for us virtual naval aviators.

I feel they really missed out by not including NAWS China Lake and Twenty-Nine Palms in the NTTR Map.

Please let us try to keep this focused on NAS Fallon. Thank you.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

+1 would be a great addition with the Hornet and Tomcat.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

They need a realistic and relevant home base and training area. The NTTR map and Nellis AFB is currently not realistic for us virtual naval aviators.

Fallon would be a great addition and appropriate for the current and upcoming modules, but NTTR and Nellis are still perfectly realistic bases of operation for naval aviators. Besides the 4+ Red Flags held each year, of which US and foreign navies play a large part, there are still year round testing, training, and operational planning missions involving army/navy/marine aviators at Nellis/NTTR.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Even if we had a little airfield building tool like x- plane does and we could make them ourselves, that would be fine by me!

You can see the base, the town, and the ranges are all on the map (B16 through B20). I even set up the ranges on a mission map I created with target markers and silhouettes. heck, I can even see where I live on the map but its the very western edge :)

Fallon would be a great addition and appropriate for the current and upcoming modules, but NTTR and Nellis are still perfectly realistic bases of operation for naval aviators. Besides the 4+ Red Flags held each year, of which US and foreign navies play a large part, there are still year round testing, training, and operational planning missions involving army/navy/marine aviators at Nellis/NTTR.

Maybe it has changed, but when I was in we didn't do a whole lot at Nellis. I think they would send a couple guys there once a year. Most Navy training was done out of Fallon, Yuma and Rosey Roads (when it was open).

Edited by walleye62

Maybe it has changed, but when I was in we didn't do a whole lot at Nellis. I think they would send a couple guys there once a year. Most Navy training was done out of Fallon, Yuma and Rosey Roads (when it was open).

That’s more what I mean, it’s not any Navy squadron’s primary training area, but there is a lot of Navy/Marine temporary rotation through Nellis, Red Flag or not. I lived there a year and TDY’d a handful of other times and I don’t remember there ever not being a Navy/Marine aviation presence on base. Contrasted with some of the other bases I’ve been stationed at where you’d rarely, if ever, see a Navy aircraft, Nellis was a beehive of other services and foreign birds.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Like a lot of you, I've pleaded and begged for NAS Fallon, and more importantly (At least to me) NAS Lemoore since the NTTR map was released. They're both important navy bases, which fit into the area covered by this map. Having them would make for some interesting long range strikes, which could utilize tanker support to fly realistic distances to the target ranges. Lemoore would also be the realistic home for the F/A-18C's Lot 20 on the west coast. For me it would also be awesome to fly over the base I spent most of my navy career at, not to mention the Fresno area, which would be a big city, and the surrounding parks like Yosemite, and The Sequoias. However, at the end of the day Eagle Dynamics is a money making machine. Lets face it. The NTTR map wasn't the most popular one released by ED. Most people can't see spending money to fly and fight over the SW United states. Therefore the powers that be in ED, are not going to dump anymore money into expanding the map. Wags has discussed this before, and in so many words has said there are zero plans to add this map.

Not trying to be a Negative Nancy, I just want to point out that this argument has been made time and time again.

• Like 1

I was born and raised in Fallon, I grew up about 2 miles north of Runway 31 Left/right, I retired from NAS Fallon Crash/Rescue and I know the base very well and it's functions, especially when it comes to TopGun and NSAWC or VFC-13 and anything to do with Fighter Weapons. If you've watched the movie Top Gun you see in the credits at the end of the movie "Thank you NAS Fallon"....

How could DCS World even think of making the the F-18 and F-14 module without NAS Fallon?

It's great to see this thread, Salute!:thumbup:

Even if we had a little airfield building tool like x- plane does and we could make them ourselves, that would be fine by me!

You can see the base, the town, and the ranges are all on the map (B16 through B20). I even set up the ranges on a mission map I created with target markers and silhouettes. heck, I can even see where I live on the map but its the very western edge :)

Are you saying NAS Fallon is actually present, just not named as such?

+1

...because all hornet lovers would love to park their baby in a proper hangar at NAS Fallon!

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

Are you saying NAS Fallon is actually present, just not named as such?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=226164

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Hmm...not sure if there’s any facilities there (fuel, re-arming), but can it be designated as such in the ME? To make it useful as something?

What say the reconnoiter aircrew?

The satellite imagery of Fallon is in the sim, but theres no buildings, runways, hangars etc there, just blurry satellite photos, but thats because its right at the edge of the map.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.