customization the f-14 cockpit

seb37

hello,

I have an idea about the customization of the plane, I submitted my idea to the studio heatblur, they enjoy the idea, but they told me that this part of the game directly related to ED studio…

so I tell you about my request which I think will be interesting number of players of the future module.

It will consist of adding the possibility of customizing the plane with the names of the pilot and the RIO (like on the real plane) in the interface of armement (see the visual below : http://www.noelshack.com/2018-42-7-1540107172-f-14.jpg)

I think this modification is not very complicated to do and would be very appreciate by the players !!

I hope that my request will be taken into consideration by the devellopers !! :D

2018-42-7-1540107172-f-14.jpg

I like idea, but in a hit list of desirables, it wouldn’t be very high for me.

As a workaround, is it fairly easy to modify a skin such that you have your own callsign on the outside of the aircraft?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Love the idea. In general the option to customize "decals" on the planes with squadron logos or personal stuff, would be awesome... especially if it could be integrated in MP.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I would agree with names specifically. Though unlike the USAF, USN aviators rarely flew the aircraft with their own name on it. The crew to fly was assigned whatever "up" jet was available regardless of what the canopy rail said. But it would still make for an interesting mechanic. But only names. While Navy jets have a history of being fairly colorful, it's enormously uncommon to see personalized nose art applied to an aircraft, to the point where you may as well just skin edit.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

It's not a high priority for me, there is more important things I'd like them to work on first.
You can bet the guy(s) working on radar, FLIR and other more important things, are not the ones who make the nice skins, textures and nose art and their integration into the mission editor/load out menu... ;)

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I would agree with names specifically. Though unlike the USAF, USN aviators rarely flew the aircraft with their own name on it. The crew to fly was assigned whatever "up" jet was available regardless of what the canopy rail said. But it would still make for an interesting mechanic. But only names. While Navy jets have a history of being fairly colorful, it's enormously uncommon to see personalized nose art applied to an aircraft, to the point where you may as well just skin edit.
Skin edits do not show on MP, unless you download and put them on every client. A way to have squadron logos and typical decals replaced and synced, would be a great treat for virtual squadrons.

Shagrat

I like idea, but in a hit list of desirables, it wouldn’t be very high for me.

As a workaround, is it fairly easy to modify a skin such that you have your own callsign on the outside of the aircraft?

I know that but the modification of the skin is not within the reach of everyone and there it would be much simpler like this...

Skin edits do not show on MP, unless you download and put them on every client. A way to have squadron logos and typical decals replaced and synced, would be a great treat for virtual squadrons.

Definately something ED needs to address. We've had livery transfer in multiplayer in other flight sims lots of years ago, and those even were uncompressed bitmaps. And it's always positive to be able to place some custom decals that are shared the same way, including names on the cockpit rails. If programmed right, this will nicely blend into the textures with all maps and look decent which would already be better than most livery edits done by rookies. I'd also fly my own liveries if I was just able to create them... I don't even own the software needed to do so rainbowdashwink.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg