Great videos, but..............

JG27_Arklight

The few videos shown were amazing, but I have to admit, I was left a little disappointed.

First off, the video quality and feel were absolutely stunning. Having said that, I "assumed" (ass-u-me) by "stream" it was going to be live flying, some discussion/chats with the developers, maybe answering questions from the community. The "stream" was actually just pre-recorded trailers uploaded to Youtube and set to kickoff later while stream-chat went crazy.

Also, the aircraft being shown was a B model but it had an A cockpit. something else that caught my eye, or didn't more appropriately, was the RIO pit. No pics or short spots during the videos or anything showing the RIO position.

I sort of feel like instead of hyping the "stream" for so long, you really could've just put up the trailers and announced the pre-orders in a normal Youtube Video.

Again, great videos, but maybe it's my fault for "assuming" and setting different expectations.

Looking forward to the Cat!

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

In fairness, they never called it a live stream, just a reveal stream.

Fair enough, but in that case, they really should've just called it a Trailer Release and Announcement in a normal video.

Again, just my .02c

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

34" ASUS PG348

Fair enough, but in that case, they really should've just called it a Trailer Release and Announcement in a normal video.

Again, just my .02c

I understand your point, I just disagree. They called it a reveal, which it was. With that said, I too, was expecting a bit more. I was hoping to see the Forrestal Carrier in action and a few other things.

Point is, they gave us exactly what they said they would. We allowed our expectations to grow.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

We allowed our expectations to grow.

Agreed.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

34" ASUS PG348

I sort of feel like instead of hyping the "stream" for so long, you really could've just put up the trailers and announced the pre-orders in a normal Youtube Video.

I think its fantastic they took it out of the box and did something different.

Never ceases to amaze me just how people will find anything to complain about in this community!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;3647511']I think its fantastic they took it out of the box and did something different.

Never ceases to amaze me just how people will find anything to complain about in this community!

Are you serious?

You took what I wrote as a complaint? I clearly stated I was assuming/expecting something else and that was my fault.

Never ceases to amaze me the inadequate level of "reading for content" in this community.

Anyways, I must admit, the beginning trailer video gave me goosebumps. Reminded me of hanging around Miramar NAS as kid. Good times!

Edited by JG27_Arklight

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

34" ASUS PG348

Nope just hype. They played everyone. Couldn't even start the stream when they said they were going to, so if anyone thinks that the module will be out in a reasonable timeframe is just drinking the Kool-Aid.

The stream started for me on time. I had to use Chrome though due to HTML 5.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

34" ASUS PG348

Nope just hype. They played everyone. Couldn't even start the stream when they said they were going to (They were 23 minutes late or just effing with everyone) AND IT WAS JUST A LONG TRAILER, so if anyone thinks that the module will be out in a reasonable timeframe is just drinking the Kool-Aid.

Stream was on time.!!!

They said 1:45 pm. Nothing about the F-14 happened until WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY after that.

Not here. Started exactly on-time for me. Literally right after the time hit "0". It went to the negative timer for about 1 second and then it started right up.

Might be a problem on your end?

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

34" ASUS PG348

Nope just hype. They played everyone. [...] AND IT WAS JUST A LONG TRAILER,

yea, it was basicly a bunch of pictures/video + the preOrder "reveal" not even a release date.

And all that hype for so little...

Yes the module looks great and all. But next time please call it:

"In addition to starting the preorder, we will show some prerecorded footage".

no need for a Stream wenn its just a video...

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

A & B pit are the same. The D is different.

Untrue, however Cobra has addressed this.

We used the -A cockpit for filming unfortunately as our two branches are not in sync art wise. Most of our references are -A's, hence it's the lead and the drop-in B elements have not been merged yet.

Other issues to note: lack of RWR antennas on fuselage, incorrect doubled up US markings on wings, etc.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3647488&postcount=8

Cockpits_without_A-D_Upgrades.png

I just hope we are going to get introduction videos like Wags does.
+1

Show some core stuff in the Tomcat

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

They said 1:45 pm. Nothing about the F-14 happened until WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY after that.

Actually, what they said was 2:00, and they never deviated from that. The community saw that the youtube livestream was set to start at 1:45, which was for the 15 minute countdown, and therefore decided that that must be when the reveal started, despite all evidence to the contrary, and came up with all kinds of theories. Heablur never once gave a time other than 2:00.

The stream started on time but there is an odd cookie or something that (even now) shows the negative countdown timer.

A hard refresh of the page or cleaning up Internet cache would have solved that problem.

I liked how this was done. Nice way to hype up a product and the video was awesome.

Just a bummer it wasn't released :)

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

We're really happy with the turn out of the event yesterday. It's a great way to get people engaged, interested, and excited about the pre order launch. The stream was a couple of seconds late due to me being nervous and fumbling with the mouse :joystick:, we never said there would be any live footage, and we spent several hours answering questions live on hoggit afterwards as we mentioned in the stream :)

Sorry you didn't like it, but it's impossible to please everyone :)

/Daniel

Heatblur Simulations

Some of us found it very good and sufficient! Great moment for DCS, thankyou, keep it up!

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

We're really happy with the turn out of the event yesterday. It's a great way to get people engaged, interested, and excited about the pre order launch. The stream was a couple of seconds late due to me being nervous and fumbling with the mouse :joystick:, we never said there would be any live footage, and we spent several hours answering questions live on hoggit afterwards as we mentioned in the stream :)

that was great. don't listen to the usual crap people gonna give. it always happen.

Now release that mother***ing beauty so I can fly it :D

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

A certain rather vocal member of this community does more or less nothing on this forum other than whine and try and bring others down. Don't worry about it. The reveal was awesome, the Turkey is awesome, you guys are awesome, let's just get flying this thing!

;3647511']I think its fantastic they took it out of the box and did something different.

:megalol:

You didn't see it all Mav. Wait for the F-16 pre-purchase/alpha!This will be a time for popcorn.Lots of it.

"LENIN" AI =DDD

663b8b87201d4d50857d11413963.jpg

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

I never said I didn't like it, quite the contrary. Just that I think myself and others were "expecting" something different.

Don't read into my post as a negative ;)

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

34" ASUS PG348