Change.org Petition for F-4E and Forum Poll

MemphisBelle

Change.org Petition for F-4E and Forum Poll  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Change.org Petition for F-4E and Forum Poll

• No, I want them to focus on the AH-1, Mi-24, and F-16
    • Yes, but not at the expense of other modules
    • Yes, I want the F-4 prioritized ahead of the F-16 but not necessarily ahead of the helicopters
    • Yes, I want the F-4 prioritized ahead of other modules

...And now the Phantom has been postponed indefinitly according to Silver_Dragon, in DCS roadmap.

Thats sad!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3564482&postcount=1288

EDIT: link included

Edited by Svend_Dellepude

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...And now the Phantom has been postponed indefinitly according to Silver_Dragon, in DCS roadmap.

Thats sad!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3564482&postcount=1288

EDIT: link included

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. That's really bad news. It's my most anticipated module after the Tomcat :(:(:(

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The project is not closed, but Phantom is postponed indefinitely

Indefinitely means: for an unlimited I]or unspecified[/i] period of time

Specifically says they will do it, the only other thing you can definitely say from that statement is that they don't have a target release date.

Given that they have said several other aircraft will come first, and the development times can be longer than expected, and presumably they won't be working on that while there are similar projects on the go, any promised date would be make believe, so it seems logical to say there isn't a date, only an intention to deliver at some at this time unspecified point in time.

Till an unspecified time = "indefinite"

Cheers.

we had even seen the flying pics of it on former bst section :(

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I've never seen the words "postponed indefinitely" to mean anything other than it's canceled.

That might be the usual case, but I would not jump to conclusions based on direct "engrish" translation of Chizh's post by Google translator.

From my language perspective, it sounds more like unspecified amount of time. Having zero interest in other jet offerings, I can only hope it's going to be shorter "unspecified" than it was for F-16 lovers, who waited what, about 10 years or so between first hints and the actual confirmation? All I can do is wait.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Maybe use a more official source?

Wags: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3562495&postcount=5

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Guys, it'll be fine.

F-16 was first shown as WIP in what, 2011? 2012? Then postponed.

Fast forward 5 years and it's in active development again.

While I'd personally prefer the F-4 first, I'd imagine that the F-16 is going to be a fairly quick* module to develop due to all the work they've done for the F/A-18.

*ie, ~ 2 years, not 5+.

Guys, it'll be fine.

F-16 was first shown as WIP in what, 2011? 2012? Then postponed.

Fast forward 5 years and it's in active development again.

While I'd personally prefer the F-4 first, I'd imagine that the F-16 is going to be a fairly quick* module to develop due to all the work they've done for the F/A-18.

*ie, ~ 2 years, not 5+.

That was only a 3D model which is probably going to be redone anyway, given the development of DCS environment.

For the systems modeling we can only guess.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

That was only a 3D model which is probably going to be redone anyway, given the development of DCS environment.

For the systems modeling we can only guess.

correct, imagine the timeframe from the announcement of the Tomcat until today. The 3D Model looked so awesome and so "ready" that it was hard to believe that it is not already released (or in EA at least) nearly 3,5 Years later.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

This is a bit disappointing.

I was, at least, reasonably sure that ED would use the Hornet to scratch the 4th generation, multi-role itch that the community had.

I have nothing against the F-16. It's a powerful beast. I just thought that the F-4's part to play in DCS would have been a bit more, well, flexible.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

So, no multicrew multirole aircraft in the next 3-5 years (F-14 is not true multirole even with TGP and LGB).
The F/A-18C can fill a lot of roles. Even double as a tanker for A/A refueling, though I doubt ED will model this in DCS, but IRL it can do a very wide range of missions...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

... though I doubt ED will model this in DCS, but IRL it can do a very wide range of missions...

If it isn't modeled in the sim then, from a DCS perspective, it really doesn't matter what the IRL aircraft is capable of.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Only the super hornet can buddy tank.

That is correct. The C is not capable of providing buddy refuelling.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

That is correct. The C is not capable of providing buddy refuelling.
Yepp, still it definitely is what I would call a multirole jet?! F-4E can't tank others either... ;)

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Yepp, still it definitely is what I would call a multirole jet?! F-4E can't tank others either... ;)

I never said anything against the Hornet beeing a multirole jet? :dunno:

In fact, I think the Hornet is pretty much the most multi role capable jet in the world.

Tornado3 small.jpg

The F/A-18C was known not to help the itch on F-16 fans... You just can't do that with any other than F-16 itself...

The F/A-18C brought something more for the flight community but there is still place for F-16 in heart of those who have sold their soul to F-16, so no other can cure them from that course that keeps them awake at night about F-16...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I never said anything against the Hornet beeing a multirole jet? :dunno:

In fact, I think the Hornet is pretty much the most multi role capable jet in the world.

Ah, sorry. Missed the detail about multiCREW and multirole.

Disregard...

Shagrat

Just to comment on the F-14C: like most NAVY fighters it wasn't just a "fleet defender", it doubled as a very capable strike fighter, as well.

Currently reading some Osprey books on OEF and OIF.

The F-14C and F/A-18C did a lot of deep strikes, CAS and what not...

Shagrat

Just to comment on the F-14C: like most NAVY fighters it wasn't just a "fleet defender", it doubled as a very capable strike fighter, as well.

Currently reading some Osprey books on OEF and OIF.

The F-14C and F/A-18C did a lot of deep strikes, CAS and what not...

F-14C? Never heard of that.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

F-14C? Never heard of that.

Shhh, they were very deep and secret missions.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: