Change.org Petition for F-4E and Forum Poll

MemphisBelle

Change.org Petition for F-4E and Forum Poll  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Change.org Petition for F-4E and Forum Poll

• No, I want them to focus on the AH-1, Mi-24, and F-16
    • Yes, but not at the expense of other modules
    • Yes, I want the F-4 prioritized ahead of the F-16 but not necessarily ahead of the helicopters
    • Yes, I want the F-4 prioritized ahead of other modules

We understand your feelings folks, but this is also a classic case of damned if we do, damned if we don't. We do though strongly feel that there are a LOT more customers that are eager to fly a Viper in DCS World. The Phantom will be coming though, just a bit further back in the cue.

Thanks,

Matt

Will the Viper be in the works just after the Hornet?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the F-4E is still planned, we have other modules in higher priority like the Hornet, Yak-52, Mi-24, F-16, and AH-1. Focus on the F-4E will come once we clear several of these projects.

So, I would not expect any F-4E news for quite some time.

Thanks

We understand your feelings folks, but this is also a classic case of damned if we do, damned if we don't. We do though strongly feel that there are a LOT more customers that are eager to fly a Viper in DCS World. The Phantom will be coming though, just a bit further back in the cue.

Thanks,

Matt

Thanks Matt for A) informing us on the particular topic and B) keeping in touch with us after you opened Pandora´s box.

Of course I understand that, once we are having the customers perspectice, ED has the business point of view. Very understandable...may be you can push Heatblur so that we can get the Tomcat soon instead :D

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

While the F-4E is still planned, we have other modules in higher priority like the Hornet, Yak-52, Mi-24, F-16, and AH-1. Focus on the F-4E will come once we clear several of these projects.

So, I would not expect any F-4E news for quite some time.

Thanks

Wow...so we will have the Hornet (that is already in wonderful shape) and the f16 sooner then expected...togheter with the Tomcat the favorite fighters of my childhood

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest Pro  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, F-16EX Grip, Orion 2 Base, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Will the Viper be in the works just after the Hornet?

YAK-52 should be next. We don't know how far along the AH-1 is so we don't know if the Cobra or the Viper will be after that. It is also subject to change so I doubt they will give more details on timelines until they are sure.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

They will make a lot more money off the Viper than the Phantom.

I'd love to see the Phantom though. Hopefully not too far behind.

Couldn't agree more! In this case I can get behind this business plan of a better short term gain to

better secure financial backing for the DCS series going forward. It's a win-win!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Developement is not going to be slower now that they are creating a lot of similar technologies for the Hornet that it shares with the Viper, plus they expanded pretty hardcore with BST joining forces. Im going to be optimistic for once and call that atleast three quarter of the modules mentioned will be in some form of public release (EA or Released) within five years.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Actually i recall wags sayings that more than a year was lost in the hornet just gathering info to recreate it as close to the real thing as possible, once that was solved the other great amounts was on developing technologies not done before like the AG radar, but the plane itself(textures, switches, etc could be 1.5 years).

If that is true, and we take into account that the gathering process is almost done (which i suspect it is) and radar AG technology is almost there (and FLIR remake has also started for the hornet) we could be talking of "just" 1.5/2 years until an EA F16C Viper

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Lets see...5 years...I will only be 80 years old. For models I want to fly that are not in DCS, I have purchased models from other vendors. With all the arguing about the FM and all not being correct here in DCS I find that I am quite satisfied and enjoy these substitutions just as much as the supposedly defective models here. All the hype here on new models which leads to long periods of endless waiting is no more a thought.

Laz

Just saw this. That's really bad news. The F-4 is on the very top of my wish list of all the announced modules (well, after the F-14). I would trade the F-4 for the Viper any day :(

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks,

Matt

Understandable, but I'd clearly prefer the F-4E first. And, even if it's just calling names, I clearly would prefer a (Fighting) Falcon over a Viper.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

While I know the F-16 will be a better seller, knowing it does not change anything for me. As far as I am concerned this is sad news.

Phantom is something I am very interested in, and Viper is something that I won't even buy.

Also from a module ecosystem perspective, F-4 would have added a lot to DCS, while Viper after Hornet will be just more of the same.

Oh well, more money to keep in my wallet I guess :P

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

While I know the F-16 will be a better seller, knowing it does not change anything for me. As far as I am concerned this is sad news.

Phantom is something I am very interested in, and Viper is something that I won't even buy.

Also from a module ecosystem perspective, F-4 would have added a lot to DCS, while Viper after Hornet will be just more of the same.

Oh well, more money to keep in my wallet I guess :P

While it's your personal preference I am sure you are in a small minority, in this community, when it comes to purchasing the Viper.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I understand the motivation for moving the viper from the bottom of the list towards the top, but to me it's just a single engined hornet. It's completely redundant both in real life and in game imho. Regardless, hopefully multiple projects can be developed in parallel, as was the case with split teams. I'm really hoping for the Hind and Cobra in the next 2 years with the Phantom not too far behind.

Hopefully this didn't come off as overly negative. I do appreciate you dropping in and telling us what's going on, Wags, even if we don't always like the answer.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

Im sooooo happy to know the Viper is in higher priority!!!, I love the phantom but the Viper is THE fighter aircraft and no matter the hornet is here, the viper is the favourite for LOTS of people and its been a request for centuries so it MUST be first in cue over the phantom. Cant wait for my viper!! Great news!

Take a look at my MODS here

While it's your personal preference I am sure you are in a small minority, in this community, when it comes to purchasing the Viper.

Well I've literally begun the post with "While I know the F-16 will be a better seller..." soo... yeah.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

:D

F-16 is coming sooner than expected, Harrumph!!

JN99jshaQbY

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

F-16 is the show to capture the Falcon fans to the DCS world.... When you have the best possible F-16 simulator in DCS, you get them all.

Then comes the F-14 to capture all the Top Gun fans.... And then comes the F-4 to capture legacy pilots and war veterans etc.

I am not interested about F-16, especially when F/A-18C is out. I am neither interested about F-14. Nor the F-4.

I am just waiting the AH-1S, less than when it was still coming out as AH-1W...

But I am glad that these day changes and plans has been done, as it means I can take a couple years off if I want and not a miss a release ;)

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.