F-16

SparxOne

Hello everyone,

I'm sure this has been asked before but did not manage to find a clear answer to my question, especially with the very old answers i found.

My question is : Will there ever be an F-16 modeled up in DCS World (Just to make sure everyone understands me, i'm talking about a flyable one, like the M2000-C Module coming up) ? Whether it is done by ED or thrid party ?

I've always wondered why it was not there yet being the most commun Multi-role fighter throughout the world and owned by so many air forces, been in so many theaters of war too, this plane remains somehow an iconic one :)

Thank you for sharing your infos on that ;)

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The F/A-18 release will shut many wishful armchair pilots up. Personally I think that ED back then were considering both,(Viper and F/A-18) but ended up pulling the F/A-18 up from their magic hat. Now when DCS 2.0 and Nevada finally reaching public, imagine all that "manpowerhours" ready to focus on (new)modules. Oh yeah, I think 2016 will be the year that many simmers will talk about as the NEW ERA!! mehe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's possible that ED, or perhaps a third party developer, does not want to intrude upon the presence of BMS 4.33.

It is a disappointment, in my opinion, because DCS is much more approachable, from a gaming world interface, than is that older product.

However, the BMS 4.33 modelling of the F-16, as an aircraft, seems to be very meticulous, and any comparison, particularly with a new attempt by ED or one of their developers, might suffer, ab initio.

However, I believe that, for example, Eagle Dynamics, Leatherneck Studios, or RAZBAM is well-qualified to attempt the development of the F-16, based on their success with their own high-fidelity products.

But whoever does will face the inevitable comparisons with Falcon 4.0 in its present form, and that might prove daunting in the short-term.

I would certainly support such a product with my money.

• Like 1

It's possible that ED, or perhaps a third party developer, does not want to intrude upon the presence of BMS 4.33.

It is a disappointment, in my opinion, because DCS is much more approachable, from a gaming world interface, than is that older product.

However, the BMS 4.33 modelling of the F-16, as an aircraft, seems to be very meticulous, and any comparison, particularly with a new attempt by ED or one of their developers, might suffer, ab initio.

However, I believe that, for example, Eagle Dynamics, Leatherneck Studios, or RAZBAM is well-qualified to attempt the development of the F-16, based on their success with their own high-fidelity products.

But whoever does will face the inevitable comparisons with Falcon 4.0 in its present form, and that might prove daunting in the short-term.

I would certainly support such a product with my money.

Well said old man. I personally would love to see the F-16 in DCS.

It's possible that ED, or perhaps a third party developer, does not want to intrude upon the presence of BMS 4.33

Just my opinion but I don't think the developers from ED have the slightest care about BMS development and it wouldn't stop them or one of their third party developers from developing their own F-16. This has been discussed before but it's probably based more on what's classified and licensing.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eagle Dynamics doesn't want any comparisons to that other sim. Even though DCS does certain things like systems modeling and flight modeling so much better this is not what most casual players will focus on. Maybe after DCS World 2.0 is released and we get a whole new theater and other 2.0 goodies like the improved ATC, we might see a DCS: F16C (or better) down the line. I certainly hope so.

(Is this post better mods? :) )

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I think it's just a matter of time, eventually they will want to use a well liked aircraft, used all over the world. So hopefully the question is not if they make a F-16 module but when they do, which F-16 would they use? Like the Mig-21 (and many other combat aircraft) there are so many different versions and sub versions.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The F18 is what I'm REALLY waiting for. I've prepurchased the M2000 and will purchase the F14 when available. But it's the F18 (carrier ops) and the Strait of Hormuz map that have the most potential to change the game IMHO. I'm curious to see NTTR and have prepurchased it, but after the novelty of it wears off, its proper theatre maps that everyone will be asking for.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

The only thing that can be said so far is this:

Neither ED nor any of the 3rd partys has an F-16 module in development atm nor any plans to do one as far as we know. But that can change in the future.

Everything else is just speculation.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I guess it all comes down to economics - how many units are they likely to sell at X dollars given that the competing product is basically free.

Hopefully a positive experience with the F18 (and F5) sales plus the assets developed from that project will help to convince ED/another developer of the appetite out there for this airframe and help establish a valid business case.

The Viper would certainly fit right in on the Nevada map!

:thumbup:

RBG

PS And just for the avoidance of doubt, an F16 would be a day 1 purchase for me too!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i5 / 16gb RAM / Nvidia GeForce 1080Ti / Viewsonic 28" monitor / TM Warthog / TM Elite rudder pedals / TrackIR5

First flight sim: Psion 'Flight Simulator' (ZX Spectrum 48k)

There *will* be comparisons for sure but that would not stop anyone from buying it - after all the only comparison we want to make is comparison with real ships - everything else is "feature request / wishlist" :music_whistling:

F-16 is not the only aircraft to exist in another sim, look at the planes we got from WWII era ;)

In my case however I'm not sure I would dive in right away if one F-16 was released soon, there will so much to do with the Mirage-2000 and F/A-18C (and F-5), I just can't do everything - no time :D

Variety is good.

ED already knows the F16 is a goldmine waiting to be developed, it's just a matter of time. It's clear they are very busy with NTTR, 2.0, shared cockpit functionality, L39ZA, the F18C, Spitfire, ... - we'll have to wait until they finish most of their current projects. After that, I'm sure we'll see an F16.

We'll see an F-16 here. I know why I tell ya this...

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

• 1 year later...

Personally, while I love the f-16, I'm more excited for the f-18. You can do more in one module.

Although it probably has more to do with familiarity. Since f-16s are the usual military jets I see where I live....

But ya I'd prefer an AH-64 or Mig-29 (to be fair to the Russian side of the community) well before an f-16.

I mean we are already slated for a tomcat AND hornet.... two LEGENDS.

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

Holy necroed thread! Well I guess it's better than a new one. :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Heck, I'll jump the train.

I agree, any F-16 variant module would be very very welcome. Its pretty much the only module Im really waiting for.

The F-16 is lodged deeply inside my heart, and has been ever since I saw them for the first time, when Denmark received their first badge, and it was shown on TV. There I was, a little 9 year old boy (in 1980), with my jaw on my chest. They looked like something from the future :)

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Yeah!!, Im really surprised how many people think exactly the same way about the F-16, including me of course!! :shocking: , I mean, I have never read so many "its my all times fav airplane" comments about any other plane EVER!!!...it could be a nice matter of scientific study :D

Seriously, this plane has "something" very special, Im absolutely in love of the F-16, and I have had that feeling since the very first time I saw it being a little kid and today its still deep in my heart...I see there are LOTS of people here feeling the same so it makes even more incredible and hard to believe its not yet pressent in DCS, not even announced, and looks like it will be that way for a long time, sadly :cry: ...I think the day we get DCS:F-16 Fighting Falcon Im gonna cry like a girl, SERIOUSLY.

Edited by watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here