What is the future of CA?

im not sure if there is a feature wish list thread where this is more appropriate, but I would also add:

12. Ability for tac comm. to add or remove individual units from a group.

edit: there is. ill just see myself out.

Wait, please! How are you doing that?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not sure if there is a feature wish list thread where this is more appropriate, but I would also add:

12. Ability for tac comm. to add or remove individual units from a group.

edit: there is. ill just see myself out.

Added!

Thanks

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

CA to do list:

1. Commanders should have the ability to edit loadouts for air assets under command during mission.
  2. Commanders should be able to navigate the command map with key commands, mouse drag, or pointer to window border direction.
  3. Unit markers should appear as single icon to represent a parent unit. As map zoom increases so also should level of detail of parent unit revealing sub units.
  4. Unit markers for command-able units should appear different than non- command-able units.
  5. Unit selection should be click on unit, key command for next/previous unit, or box drag method.
  6. Unit set path procedure should be to set destination and then edit points between start and destination. Allowing changes to speed, formation, security stance. Add “facing direction upon reaching destination”.
  7. Add different ammo types in the "Add Target" dialog. Smoke, HEDP, Minelets, Copperheads...
  8. Add ability to link AI arty to units for direct command and control.
  9. Get creative with the VR support.
  10. Add mini map or MFD to Driver and Gunner view.
  11. Add knee board to CA.
  12. Simple unit grouping control. i.e. Ctrl+Click to select / add unit to selection> Ctrl+1 to assign selected units to Group1. Press 1 to command Group 1.*
  13. Drone Command and Control. Ability control drone sensors and direct flight path like vehicle destination command.
  14. Need more expansive comms with unit members. Platoon leaders need to be able to direct subordinates/ to locations via command map.
  15. ....

The above items would make CA a whole lot playable and interesting. It's been said before that CA is not a simulator. I got Arma3 for that. There's a lot in that game that CA could use.

The biggest show stopper IMO is the command map interface. It's clunky and dated. It's supposed to play like an RTS. Not an RTS from the 80's.

I really hope CA gets the attention from the DEVs it deserves. It's a cool concept that has real appeal.

Those are Some excellent ideas.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The more I play CA the more I see the short comings, and the more I see the potential.

This has been the story of CA for as long as I can remember.

People find out about it, get really excited, learn of shortcomings, make constructive suggestions, find nothing changes, get frustrated, ignore it.

It's very sad because the potential is HUGE.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

Those are Some excellent ideas.

Thanks,

This has been the story of CA for as long as I can remember.

People find out about it, get really excited, learn of shortcomings, make constructive suggestions, find nothing changes, get frustrated, ignore it.

It's very sad because the potential is HUGE.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Lets secure that negative attitude trooper. Give it a +1 or -1, or keep it to yourself. There's no use looking on the ground for that update. Keep your head up and, and go over to the CA Wish List and +1 my post my post there. If you agree that is.

And have a happy day.

God bless it!

Edited by SGT Coyle
Needed to thanks Oscar

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

A detail see on CA campaign and all CA playing..... vehicles destroyed has been turned as Ghost and traverse by other vehicles if follow them.... A Stream video show them (28:34)

Sorry the bad quality...

Some recommendations

- Better driver crew post (not only a camera).

- A AI crew say where are enemy forces on sight

Sorry by broken some rules but I think that was a "example" about crew radio and situation awareness.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

The ability to call and control specifically adjust arty should at a minimum be added.

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

The ability to call and control specifically adjust arty should at a minimum be added.
F10 map, click on artillery, set fire mission.

Alternative: enter artillery like a tank, adjust fire solution manually.

What I miss most, is manual selection of specific ammunition types, like ICM, mines, smoke screen, etc.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

To do list:

Make CA into ARMA 2 with ACE mod. :)

Oh my God, please don't... I love the huge maps in DCS! Arma mapsize, suck for anything faster than a Humvee.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

That is NOT adjusting fire. It is playing a board game. I mean actual call for fire mission with adjustments. Its basically a different 9-line that you adjust the rounds visually until the fire for effect or target destroyed.

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

That is NOT adjusting fire. It is playing a board game. I mean actual call for fire mission with adjustments. Its basically a different 9-line that you adjust the rounds visually until the fire for effect or target destroyed.
Ah, ok. We were speaking of different things here.

Yes. adjusting fire missions with a "talk-on-correction" would be nice.

Shagrat

Oh my God, please don't... I love the huge maps in DCS! Arma mapsize, suck for anything faster than a Humvee.

Correction. Make CA into Arma2 with ACE mod WITH THE HUGE DCS MAPS!

Really, we just need a few detailed arma style spots on the DCS maps, doesn't have to be the whole map at all. DCS maps just tend to get bland. They need to be more like Arma, where you have an interesting detailed building, castle, laboratory, or other landmark once in a while. A more detailed village in a few spots that can be used for FPS. The DCS maps are great for flight sim ( I love the winding rivers, roads, and railroads ), but if we are ever to get some FPS in here, you need a few detailed spots for it.

And if you want to make money, FPS in a flight sim would draw in a LOT of old FPS players. This is what we always dreamed of. We had realistic FPS down near perfect, but we couldn't get the realistic vehicles or aircraft. Plus, we wanted bigger maps for the vehicles and aircraft. DCS has what we always wanted.

I hope some of these things get implemented. It's important to further develop the ground roles as it will add in some way to the battle going overhead. Especially considering the alternate uses for an A-10C beyond shredding armour.

Even to take from what Heatblur has done with creating markers to create a target reference on the map and have an associated UI elements to select fire mission params such as bty, regt, HE/ILLUM/SMOKE, time for preplanned and so on. A UI based approach that replicates a datalinked terminal isn't an unrealistic solution and can be augmented by an enhanced ground radio.

Also expanding on SGT Coyle's item 14, with comms we need the ability to have AI take position in an FUP and wait for the go, which may be followed by movement, fire or some other action appropriate to the platform.

With VR, it would be much easier to gauge distance (I'm assuming no GLLD) than on a monitor. Honestly, I wouldn't mind hearing "shot out; splash over" once more! :D

Edited by hansangb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Honestly, I wouldn't mind here "shot out; splash over" once more! :D

Precisely!