How do I turn ME triggers into a repeatable script?

Sport

I've figured out how to make a semi-realistic SEAD "script" using several triggers. Essentially, if an enemy SAM site detects a Shrike or other ARM within its zone, it kills the radar for a randomized amount of time. As of now, it takes approximately 7 triggers for each SAM site to work. How can I turn this trigger logic into an executable lua script that I can instead attach to each unit, saving time and simplifying the trigger list?

I've attached the test mission below.

Thanks in advance!

SEAD_Test.miz

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

See how this works for you.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=118175

Zelgadis has also designed a similar script if memory serves where they will shut off and relocate.

I’ve used grimes’ script to great success, but they don’t shut their radars down when attacked. One of the core premises behind SEAD is the SUPPRESSION of the radar. Getting the bad guys to shut the radar down is just as much a mission success as killing it.

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

@Sport

I believe MOOSE has this kind of behaviour already built-in.

https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS/Documentation/Functional.Sead.html

Features:

-When SAM sites are being fired upon, the SAMs will take evasive action will reposition themselves when possible.

-When SAM sites are being fired upon, the SAMs will take defensive action by shutting down their radars.

I've never used it, though. Might look into your mission tomorrow, see if I can reproduce your trigger logic in a single MOOSE script.

EDIT: Can you change the A-4E-C aircraft in your mission to something DCS generic like Su25T? Your mission can't be loaded unless the A-4E-C module is present.

Edited by Hardcard

@Sport

I believe MOOSE has this kind of behaviour already built-in.

https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS/Documentation/Functional.Sead.html

Features:

-When SAM sites are being fired upon, the SAMs will take evasive action will reposition themselves when possible.

-When SAM sites are being fired upon, the SAMs will take defensive action by shutting down their radars.

I've never used it, though. Might look into your mission tomorrow, see if I can reproduce your trigger logic in a single MOOSE script.

EDIT: Can you change the A-4E-C aircraft in your mission to something DCS generic like Su25T? Your mission can't be loaded unless the A-4E-C module is present.

Sorry about that! I replaced the A-4s with F-4s... take a look at your leisure, thanks for the help!

SEAD_Test.miz

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

If your objective is for the Radars to shut down and reposition if possible, then MOOSE is definatly the way to go. It can look intimidating, but really isn't. You would be able to set up what you need fairly easily, as mentioned above there is a core function for exactly this.

https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS_DEVELOP/Documentation/Functional.Sead.html

https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE_MISSIONS/tree/master/SEV%20-%20SEAD%20Evasion/SEV-001%20-%20SEAD%20Evasion

Edited by Shadow.D.

@Sport

Well, well!

After a couple days of work, I've been able to produce a decent SEAD evasion script using MOOSE.

It doesn't follow the triggers from your mission, but it gets all the job done in a single script.

The attached demo mission has a couple of large AA group concentrations (one for each coalition). Six AI SEAD groups are set to attack them (3 groups per coalition).

Those AA groups are positioned at the center of their respective zones (70Km and 15Km), which are used by the script in order to handle the SEAD evasion mechanics.

The SEAD evasion mechanics will be set in motion whenever one of the following anti-radiation missile types is launched within a zone:

-Kh-58U

-Kh-25MP

-Kh-25MPU

-Kh-31P

-AGM-45A

-AGM-45B

-AGM-88C

-AGM-122 Sidearm

When any of those missiles is launched within any of the 70Km zones, the relevant AA groups will perform an "evasion roll" in randomized time intervals (between 60 and 180 seconds).

There's an 80% chance of success for each roll (this can be modified by the user, ofc).

Now, if the evasion roll succeeds, the relevant AA groups will adopt a green alarm state (aka become inactive) for a randomized amount of time (between 60 and 180 seconds).

This will be repeated for as long as the SEAD bandits keep firing anti-radiation missiles and remain outside of the 15Km zones.

However, if SEAD bandits enter any of the 15Km "killzones", the relevant AA groups will become permanently active (until the killzone is clear).

PS. Since this script also uses MOOSE SEAD functionalities, mobile AA units will randomly disperse when under fire as well. :thumbup:

SAM_PARADISE_MOOSE.miz

SEAD Test.lua

Edited by Hardcard

After some more work, I've been able to make substantial improvements to the previous script.

This new version successfully captures the initiator SEAD group when each anti-radiation missile is fired.

Thanks to this, SEAD evasion mechanics for each coalition are now handled independently.

Additionally, the script now supports ALARM anti-radiation missiles as well (Panavia Tornado).

PS. I've also dispensed with the MOOSE SEAD functionality, since it doesn't seem to work :cry:

SAM_PARADISE_MOOSE v2.miz

SEAD Test v2.lua

Edited by Hardcard