F-16A -> QF-16 [need help - texturing]

Bourrinopathe

Hi,

I'm trying to create a QF-16 livery and I don't know how to define a custom pilot texture for that skin only (I'll alpha it out).

QF-16.jpg

dzHyDIf.jpg

The pilot texture is: pilot-usa-af-okras.bmp.dds

How should I declare it in the description.lua? (I'm using the stock F-16A model)

I already assigned the skin to the Aggressor's "country" and it's perfectly usable in the sim (OpenAlpha Nevada).

Any help would be greatly appreciated :thumbup:

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Ok, I managed to declare and use a new skin for the pilot but unfortunately the model does not allow an alpha channel on the pilot.

Unless I missed something I can't remove the pilot with a transparent texture.

In case someone could use the reference, the pilot texture is declared as follows:

livery = {
{"texture pilot-usa-af-okras.bmp f2 g0",0,"[b]your custom pilot texture[/b]",false}; -- pilot texture
{"texture pilot-usa-hole.bmp f2 g0",0,"[b]your custom tube texture[/b]",false}; -- oxygen tube
}

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Ok, I managed to declare and use a new skin for the pilot but unfortunately the model does not allow an alpha channel on the pilot.

Unless I missed something I can't remove the pilot with a transparent texture.

nice job on that skin :thumbup:

to disappear/remove the pilot you need to use Arg50 with value 0.5 :yes:

sign-pic4.jpg

Thanks for your help.

Do you mean the Play Argument (trigger action)? (I had no idea what Arg50 could mean ;) )

In the ME, it seems available for the static objects only.

As a quick fix, I asked the staff to place a dummy instead:

1T354eu.jpg

Too bad we can't see that face :)

Edited by Bourrinopathe

Thanks for your help.

Do you mean the Play Argument (trigger action)? (I had no idea what Arg50 could mean ;) )

In the ME, it seems available for the static objects only.

yep, that argument number for animations, for visibility

arg#50 value 0.5 for static aircrafts or after engine shutdown when pilot left the ac

arg#50 value 1.0 when no pilot and no ejection seat in the ac (after bailout)

sign-pic4.jpg

I'd like to remove the pilot while the aircraft is flying.

The static F-16s don't have any pilot so it's pretty convincing, but unfortunately, I can't select any active aircraft with the Play Argument action.

I'd like to remove the pilot while the aircraft is flying.

The static F-16s don't have any pilot so it's pretty convincing, but unfortunately, I can't select any active aircraft with the Play Argument action.

yep, unfortunately the factory default is to give priority to the builtin argument usage (by the DLLs and flight models) but there are some other solutions and tricks to oppress that priority and remove the pilot

sign-pic4.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I lost that livery due to some harddrive failure some time ago.

Sorry guys.

• 6 months later...

Hi, just picked up on this post.

A friend and I have been working to develop something similar and have so far managed to get the skin finished for the F-16A, we have had two problems so far:

We can only change the argument of static objects and we are unsure how to modify the game files or script this in to remove the pilot body. We have an idea of what to do and it includes editing a DLL file (Somewhere?) to Argument#50 Greater than 0.5 and less than 0.9.

Secondly, when using the skin in multiplayer, sometimes we can both see the aircraft with the skin and sometimes we can't.

Any suggestions will be massively appreciated, cheers.

• 2 weeks later...