Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

good point about the hornet/SH - I think people will find out, as the navy did, the legacy hornet has short legs, and will want "real range"

right there with you re: the raptor - F-35 too

the community doesn't WANT THEM - prospective devs float trial balloons and the "community" here shats all over it

mystery to me..

: /

(( ED, don't ask this community what direction to go! show leadership, make decisions - and lead! build it and they will come! ))

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are sure you would want the super hornet after already getting the hornet?!?? I mean the super hornet is awesome but I would think you would want more variety.

Also, while the F-22 is FAR away from declassified enough, this is hypothetical so.... WHY ARE THERE SO FEW VOTES FOR THE RAPTOR?!?!?? I think I might go into depression.

This poll was the top four aircraft for a few years, then they added more.

I think its mainly the vocal switch clickers that don't want super-modern aircraft...?

Personally, I think the Raptors systems could be done (there can't be that much to it, really...), but the flight model is a big mystery...That would take some serious work...SFMs are generally unacceptable for people here, so I feel that's the hang-up with that aircraft. I personally don't care, I just want more aircraft in the sim. :joystick:

good point about the hornet/SH - I think people will find out, as the navy did, the legacy hornet has short legs, and will want "real range"

right there with you re: the raptor - F-35 too

the community doesn't WANT THEM - prospective devs float trial balloons and the "community" here shats all over it

mystery to me..

: /

(( ED, don't ask this community what direction to go! show leadership, make decisions - and lead! build it and they will come! ))

As an F-14 pilot once asked about the DCS Hornet: Will ED put it in its proper position...Behind a tanker?

:megalol:

I'd be fine with an FC3 style Raptor, even if it were an SFM...Hell, put the 'sack on it too and make it fair-ish. :)

Lord of Salt

I think a F-22 and F-35 will be distant for multiple reasons.

Nr1 they are still pretty classified so would be hard to get enough info to even get a FC3 class aircraft (if you want most functions as well as a realistic flightmodel / Radar Performance)

And

Nr2.

If they added a F-35 and F-22 all other Modules would instantly be outdated and MP would be pretty much unplayable and the F-35/F-22 would either be limited from most MP servers or it would be F-35 vs F-22 etc.

the Current DCS Scenario is a earlier one and is early 2000s or late 90s.

For example things like the Aim-9X on the F-15C are not available and they entered service on the F-15C around 2003.

And unless we start getting advanced fighters from the other side (Su-30,Su-35, Mig-29K,Mig-29M and the Upgraded Mig-29/Su-27 variants) it would likely not be a good idea to start adding large numbers of super modern weapons/aircraft without the game being even more unbalanced then it already is.

Nr.3

It would be very hard to implement the Stealth features of the F-22 and F-35 in an effective way.

To start with i doubt they could simply ask the US airforce to send their information how effective the F-22 and F-35 are against the different radars we have in the game and expect a return...

And Simply doing guess work on how effective the stealth would be would very easily end up being game breaking (If the F-22 and F-35 were effectively invisible to radars)

And it would most likely be hard if not impossible to accurately model stealth and all the factors that determine its effectiveness.

For example accurately model the difference in the RCS between the Launch Bay doors on the 22 or 35 being open or closed or them carrying external weapons etc.

So im very happy there is no F-22 or F-35 coming and i hope they are not added for many more years since at this moment and within the near feature it would be impossible to accurately model them and everything surrounding them.

Edited by mattebubben
  • Like 1

You guys are sure you would want the super hornet after already getting the hornet?!?? I mean the super hornet is awesome but I would think you would want more variety.

Also, while the F-22 is FAR away from declassified enough, this is hypothetical so.... WHY ARE THERE SO FEW VOTES FOR THE RAPTOR?!?!?? I think I might go into depression.

Remember this Poll started in 2007.

So 9 years ago...

That was before DCS World and before the F-18 was even on the plate.

And there has been votes ever since then.

If we made a poll starting today the result when it comes would likely be different.

Possible F16 alternate

Given there is a High fidelity F16 Simulation already out there, has anyone thought of possibly doing a f-16XL Module. Know it lost the competition against the F15 Strike Eagle, and from what I have been able to gather, due to its inability to super cruise without afterburner. That was one of the primary requirements during the competition, but in all other aspects it bested the eagle.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

FA-18E Super Hornet ***

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

Given there is a High fidelity F16 Simulation already out there, has anyone thought of possibly doing a f-16XL Module. Know it lost the competition against the F15 Strike Eagle, and from what I have been able to gather, due to its inability to super cruise without afterburner. That was one of the primary requirements during the competition, but in all other aspects it bested the eagle.

I have also wanted the F-16XL, but the problem is, it never got produced and not much info on it available sadly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

• 2 years later...

All modern combat aircraft flown by all world wide military's should eventually be integrated and supported in game for an immersive air combat experience.

For aircraft that are classified, utilize all known instruments, characteristics, and solutions into the aircraft control surfaces, avionics, and sensors. For everything else unknown in classified aircraft use creative realsitic imagination to impliment in the cockpit control systems while maintaining balanced realism.

This is my two cents.

Hmm interesting that Super Hornet accumulated the most votes over all these years.

I had made a dedicated wishlist thread for the Rhino that was long overdue

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202373

P.S

Can't help but note that a thread that originated from 2007 somehow had F35 in the polls? LOL the F35 was still in its prototype phases, and someone wanted one back then?

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Wow, looks like I voted for the Raptor...like nine years ago.

Since we actually have (or soon will have) everything realistically possible from this 12 y/o poll, I'm going to say it's time to bring the Eagle to full module status. ;)

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Wow, looks like I voted for the Raptor...like nine years ago.

Since we actually have (or soon will have) everything realistically possible from this 12 y/o poll, I'm going to say it's time to bring the Eagle to full module status. ;)

HEAR HEAR! As long at it's an F-15C "Not-a-pound-for-air-to-ground-Albino-Eagle." :thumbup:

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

HEAR HEAR! As long at it's an F-15C "Not-a-pound-for-air-to-ground-Albino-Eagle." :thumbup:

Oh yeah! But don't get excited... look at the poll :(

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Exactly :thumbup:

But really what DCS now needs, IMHO, is a DCS level high fi study sim of either Russian or Chinese aircraft, of 4G or 4G+ generation. First in line should be Mig-29SMT (export variant).

Agree. I don’t even fly red but the way things are now, yes, 100%, DCS absolutely needs full module 4th gen eastern aircraft.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Actually "not a pound for air to ground " could get a pound(s) for air to ground. :smilewink:

Sure IRL USAF pilots didn't train or employ bombs, however the capability always remained, and it was still documented into the C models. dash 34's still show how to employ CCIP/CCRP bombing modes with Mk80 series. and MK80 series are still shown as authorized store options.

IT would make the F15C more marketable anyways, to mention some export users did in fact employ the AS eagles ( no modifications) for strike like Israel

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Since there's a falkland theater coming:

Panavia Tornado

Vulcan multicrew :P

DCS A-10C II Warthog, DCS AV-8B, DCS F/A-18C. DCS F-16C DCS KA-50 III, DCS F-14B. DCS AH-64 Apache. DCS Mirage F1. DCS F-15E.
System: Z690 - i9-12900k - RTX 3080ti - 32gb ram - 2tb NVME - 2x2tb HDD - TM Hotas Warthog - MFG Rudders - Trackir/VR

Oh yeah! But don't get excited... look at the poll :(

Well the poll includes 5th gen aircraft, aircraft already [planned] modules, and one failed module. So maybe it's not as bad as it looks.

We have the entire teen series now except one, ironically the missing one is the first teen series aircraft flyable in DCS World, it must only be matter of time, at least I'm hoping.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Well the poll includes 5th gen aircraft, aircraft already [planned] modules, and one failed module. So maybe it's not as bad as it looks.

We have the entire teen series now except one, ironically the missing one is the first teen series aircraft flyable in DCS World, it must only be matter of time, at least I'm hoping.

Three teen series missing technically even if one is planned for development

F15c, f15e and f18e or f superhornet

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro