Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

Yesterday, i received this Mail. :-)

Ordered in March.

Hello!

If you are receiving this email, your Oculus Rift order will be processing for shipment soon. At this time, it is important to make sure that your billing and shipping information are correct and up-to-date. You can update your information by

Happy Flying! :-)

Yesterday, i received this Mail. :-)

Ordered in March.

Hello!

If you are receiving this email, your Oculus Rift order will be processing for shipment soon. At this time, it is important to make sure that your billing and shipping information are correct and up-to-date. You can update your information by

Happy Flying! :-)

Will be sent out in a day or two;)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Anybody tried this yet?

• Like 1

Specs: i7-4790K @4.00 ghz, EVGA 2080ti , 16GB ram, Samsung 512GB SSD x2.

Gear: Virpil Alpha stick with Mongoos T-50CM2 throttle, Combat-Pro flight pedals, Track ir 5 & Reverb G2

Anybody tried this yet?

Yes, it's been out for a while.

And Pixel Density is being integrated into DCS World Menu.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2800334&postcount=370

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I did this and it worked out perfectly! I set up the alerts yesterday, jumped out of bed at 1:00 AM to place the order, and I will have my Rift on Wednesday instead of "maybe sometime in August"!! Thanks Platypus!!!

For those of you who are tired of waiting for your Rift, here's how to get in the next couple of days in the USA. Go to nowinstock.net and setup a free account. Configure the service to text you the moment it is in stock at BestBuy, Amazon, etc. (The service polls their inventory once a minute). I found that nearly every day, BestBuy gets a batch. (Unfortunately, the text usually arrives around 12:30 AM PST). Then, rush to your computer and place the order with BestBuy.com. That's it! Thanks goes out to another forum member who mentioned this several weeks ago.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Rifts are now available on Amazon UK - but you'll have to shell out £799!

The claimed retail price is £1,099 - but on another page another company claims the retail price is £1,299. And guess what? They are both the same company!

Either way - if you want a Rift and don't care about money, they have 5 for sale.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oculus-Rift-Formal-Edition-Editon/dp/B01GTZCCMI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_63_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=41m5mMx-YVL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=BVEM7XSC3PHM62B7R2PC

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GVXJJWY?psc=1

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

yes and works good. I've tested with mirage 2K and nevada. With 2.5 it works good with a 980ti

does the clarity of image improve a lot?

edit: I'm short on HD space, and I don't want to download it if there is no difference to be found.

Specs: i7-4790K @4.00 ghz, EVGA 2080ti , 16GB ram, Samsung 512GB SSD x2.

Gear: Virpil Alpha stick with Mongoos T-50CM2 throttle, Combat-Pro flight pedals, Track ir 5 & Reverb G2

edit: I'm short on HD space, and I don't want to download it if there is no difference to be found.

I personally have not done it yet (just been to lazy :)), but according to posters on this thread, and my Squadron mates who have done it, it definitely makes a difference in gauge clarity in the cockpit.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

yes it does and it is worth but don't expect toooo much.

further you should deactivate in mirage 2000 the instrumental lightning, with out panel/instrumental lightning i find it so much easier to read (that can be a side effect of my glasses)

I did this and it worked out perfectly! I set up the alerts yesterday, jumped out of bed at 1:00 AM to place the order, and I will have my Rift on Wednesday instead of "maybe sometime in August"!! Thanks Platypus!!!

Glad it worked out!

The sdk is only 174 meg. It is well worth it.

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

I think the sleep mode is a Firmware Level Setting.

ie, If you dont touch the Controller, it will go to sleep to save the battery.

Has nothing to do w/ DCS, it does this when Synced to PC or Xbox.

To keep from Sleeping, Get a Data Capable USB Cord, I use the Same Cord I bought to charge my Phone ($5).

I also dont use the XBO Controller outside of a few select game, other wise I unplug it.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I think the sleep mode is a Firmware Level Setting.

ie, If you dont touch the Controller, it will go to sleep to save the battery.

Has nothing to do w/ DCS, it does this when Synced to PC or Xbox.

To keep from Sleeping, Get a Data Capable USB Cord, I use the Same Cord I bought to charge my Phone ($5).

I also dont use the XBO Controller outside of a few select game, other wise I unplug it.

so basically i should leave it unplugged when using rift and DCS?

thanks for advice. my understanding is when im using oculus home, the xbox controller is necessary?

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

so basically i should leave it unplugged when using rift and DCS?

thanks for advice. my understanding is when im using oculus home, the xbox controller is necessary?

Nope, you can just use the Rift remote. Only need the xbox controller for Rift games that require it, and when you.... download them, or even before that, I can't remember.... anyway at some point the App/Game will tell you if you need the Xbox controller.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This week we internally added the option to control the cursor with either the mouse or head movement.

Hopefully, this and other VR improvements like pixel density selection will be rolled to a release version soon.

Thanks

What about an option to use the 3d environment as reference for the cursor? I mean when you have the mouse cursor around the mfd and have to be precise when hitting a button any headmovement will have an effect on the cursor position in game. Why can't the headmovement not be independent from the mousecursor when using the mouse in game? Perhaps using an extra key to center the mouse again.

I tried looking thru the forums but haven't found this yet.

What about an option to use the 3d environment as reference for the cursor? I mean when you have the mouse cursor around the mfd and have to be precise when hitting a button any headmovement will have an effect on the cursor position in game. Why can't the headmovement not be independent from the mousecursor when using the mouse in game? Perhaps using an extra key to center the mouse again.

I tried looking thru the forums but haven't found this yet.

I would like that, too

Bye, Smith

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-9600K @5ghz, 11GB ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Twin Fan, 32GB (2x 16384MB) Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DDR4-3000 DIMM, 1000GB WD Black SN750 Gaming M.2, HP Reverb HMD, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, Realsimulator FSSB R3 Stickbase, TM TPR pedals

Got my CV1 yesterday, and I'm very impressed.

I've got a GTX980/i5 6600 machine running on quite high settings and it ran well. This may change when I fly with more aircraft, but so far so good.

The Mig21 cockpit in particular, with all those levers and switches just popping out in 3D, look fantastic.

Mine should be here today.....just waiting on the Big Brown Truck! Hey.....they should give us UPS trucks in DCS......

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Nope, you can just use the Rift remote. Only need the xbox controller for Rift games that require it, and when you.... download them, or even before that, I can't remember.... anyway at some point the App/Game will tell you if you need the Xbox controller.

i wish the oculus remote works as a wireless in cockpit control as you would to control the mouse cursor

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

i wish the oculus remote works as a wireless in cockpit control as you would to control the mouse cursor

Absolutely! I've asked about supporting the Rift remote a couple of times. No response yet. I honestly have no idea if it can be done. It would be great, but if they can't, the fact that they're making the ability to mouse click with HOTAS controls will be more than good enough. The remote working is more of an icing on the cake thing.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Received this Mail at last Saturday.

Hello!

If you are receiving this email, your Oculus Rift order will be processing for shipment soon. ...

4 Days later, nothing! :mad:

Im going crazy!

I think you me and our dogs received that email!

From the sounds of it a large stock arrived in Europe and now we just have to wait for our turn to come up :thumbup:

It was a very nice email to wake up to though wasn't it :smilewink:

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit