F-16 Flaming Cliffs

Reagan505

Hello,

Since an F-16 module isn't anywhere close to being released for DCS.. Can we get a Lock On Flaming Cliffs edition of the F-16? I think this would be an awesome edition to LOFC 3 and can hold us over until a DCS quality F-16 is made.

Would be super cool to have the F-16 in game =)

Negatory.

The days of developing Flaming Cliffs level planes are mostly behind us. Besides, it's hard to do a plane with so many capabilities justice. What would be the point if you can't even click the OSB buttons surrounding the MFD's? Not to mention the HOTAS and the interpretation of long and short presses of various keys, in various modes. Programming direct functions like all the FC3 planes handle things now would not do that system any justice. The F-16 has an interesting CMS system. You can program 6 different programs. A rotary in the cockpit selects program 1-4 that you can then dispense with the CMS hat on the stick. You can also dispense program 6 by pushing the CMS in another direction on the stick. There's even a slapswitch on the wall that dispenses program 5. Having Insert for flares and Delete for chaffs would be a let-down compared to the real system.

I think we'll just have to wait for a full version if we ever get one. With the release of the F/A-18, almost all technology present on the F-16 is acounted for.

The F-16 was a General Dynamics product, but that part of GD is now owned by Lockheed Martin. I'm not sure if that would be an obstruction to get a license to get the F-16 to perform in DCS, as Lockheed has their own commercial simulation software, Prepar3D. Although P3D is explicitly NOT targeted at the consumer entertainment market, while DCS is. Who knows, maybe some day we'll find out. I hope the news is positive.

Check my F-15C guide

Either/or would be good for me.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 2 weeks later...
ED stated multiple times that they're not going to develop any more FC3-like modules. Everything following now will be full fidelity.

Also looks like you chose the wrong forum, this one is for the old LockOn FC. Here is the DCS FC3 one: http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=321

I'm not saying I want an FC3 F-16, trust me .. I don't.. Outside of the SU-25's, I can't stand FC3. I was suggesting a just a stop gap until the DCS F-16 comes out. But, I forgot about the FCR and CMS in the F-16.. I'm sure that would be a pain in the ass for people to get right and why put in the effort for a FC3 aircraft.

Regardless, I'm sure once the F-18C comes out, the F-16 will be right behind it. If BMS can do it, I'm sure getting one into DCS won't be an issue.

Thanks for the link CodeFox

Edited by Reagan505

I am one of the people who think "there are a dozen modules I'd prefer to see before F-16" but, I would still enjoy F-16. However, only as a proper module. FC level F-16 would really be a shame. FC level barely does single role aircraft, an intricate multirole like F-16 with many air to air and air to ground sensors, and their many modes, would be gimped in a FC level representation, to say the least.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Negatory.

The days of developing Flaming Cliffs level planes are mostly behind us. Besides, it's hard to do a plane with so many capabilities justice. What would be the point if you can't even click the OSB buttons surrounding the MFD's? Not to mention the HOTAS and the interpretation of long and short presses of various keys, in various modes. Programming direct functions like all the FC3 planes handle things now would not do that system any justice. The F-16 has an interesting CMS system. You can program 6 different programs. A rotary in the cockpit selects program 1-4 that you can then dispense with the CMS hat on the stick. You can also dispense program 6 by pushing the CMS in another direction on the stick. There's even a slapswitch on the wall that dispenses program 5. Having Insert for flares and Delete for chaffs would be a let-down compared to the real system.

I think we'll just have to wait for a full version if we ever get one. With the release of the F/A-18, almost all technology present on the F-16 is acounted for.

The F-16 was a General Dynamics product, but that part of GD is now owned by Lockheed Martin. I'm not sure if that would be an obstruction to get a license to get the F-16 to perform in DCS, as Lockheed has their own commercial simulation software, Prepar3D. Although P3D is explicitly NOT targeted at the consumer entertainment market, while DCS is. Who knows, maybe some day we'll find out. I hope the news is positive.

I'm sure we will get the 16 one day.. Still kind of blows my mind it has been overlooked after all these years. Lots of cool stuff coming out this year, which will make waiting a lot easier.

I am one of the people who think "there are a dozen modules I'd prefer to see before F-16" but, I would still enjoy F-16. However, only as a proper module. FC level F-16 would really be a shame. FC level barely does single role aircraft, an intricate multirole like F-16 with many air to air and air to ground sensors, and their many modes, would be gimped in a FC level representation, to say the least.

Yeah, I agree. The F-16 does need to be a full DCS quality aircraft. I understand the 16 isn't everyone's favorite aircraft, and that's fine. Would be cool to see a DCS Mirage F.1, DCS Blackburn Buccaneer, DCS Jaguar, DCS Tornado and many others as well. The F-5 and Viggen will be a really cool edition to DCS. I can't wait.

Lots of cool stuff coming out this year, going to be a lot of fun.

Edited by Reagan505

ED stated multiple times that they're not going to develop any more FC3-like modules. Everything following now will be full fidelity.

Also looks like you chose the wrong forum, this one is for the old LockOn FC. Here is the DCS FC3 one: http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=321

They never produced FC, only updated it. FC was made by Ubisoft back in the day. And yes, FC is ancient history.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They never produced FC, only updated it. FC was made by Ubisoft back in the day. And yes, FC is ancient history.

You might want to check that, They made all of them, from Flanker to DCS. Ubisoft did not made any of them, just distributed/publish the lock on game and flanker 2.0.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

For the F-16, since there is not plans for it, I would be happy if the update the outside model like the did with the F-15E, the E-2, KC-135 or the SU-24. At least it could give me false hope which is better than no hope at all. :D

To whom it may concern,

Ubisoft was the Mainstream Publisher, not the developer.

Eagle Dynamics Developed them:

Flanker

Flanker 2.0

LockOn : Modern Air Combat (v1.0)

LockOn : Flaming Cliffs (v1.02)

LockOn : Flaming Cliffs 2.0 (v1.04)

DCS: Blackshark (v1.04)

DCS: A-10C (v1.1.1.x)

DCS: BlackShark 2 (v1.1.1.x)

DCS: P-51D (v1.1.2.x

DCS: World (Which Consists of All Modules Today including FC3) (v1.1.2.1 -> 1.2.x -> 1.5.x> 2.0.x and Eventually 2.5.x)

That Being Said... FC3 is Said to be the Top Selling module, so I **Doubt** they ignore that,

However I dont see a FC4 anytime soon, and if there would be one, it would not be the same Aircraft Re-Sampled again (F-15s, Su-27, MiG-29 etc)

It's more along the lines of there will be no more Modules Produced with SFM and SSM

(Standard Flight Models, and Standard Systems Modeling).

If any Future Aircraft were Produced for that Category, they would have PFMs and such.

(Professional Flight Models).

However I dont see them being produced anytime soon, as Professional Modules are the Primary Focus by E.D., Partners, and 3rd Party Developers.

The only place you'll see a FC Style Module Come up anytime soon is as an unofficial Module made by the community members.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs