Where can I get a startup list for the F18?

Crunchy

I'm new to this and was just wondering if there is a startup list I can see while in sim? I use VR, but it would be nice just to learn how to startup the F18 even when I'm not in VR. So is there a list anywhere like in other flight sims that get checked off as I'm following the procedures to startup the E18? Cheers!

I'm new to this and was just wondering if there is a startup list I can see while in sim? I use VR, but it would be nice just to learn how to startup the F18 even when I'm not in VR. So is there a list anywhere like in other flight sims that get checked off as I'm following the procedures to startup the E18? Cheers!

Yes, there are lists, but have you tried the Cold Start Training Mission? I always find those an excellent way to learn.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

You could also do VRK for the kneeboard. It feels good to be able to just write something down vs having to find the damn keyboard in VR.

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

Kneeboard Builder plus Chuck's guides are the snizzle for learning aircraft especially whilst in VR.

You can customize the size and position of the kneeboard that gets displayed in the VR headset.

I have been going through all the stages of learning the Hornet , have Chuck's guide broken down into several different kneeboards for the Hornet, and it has been a fantastic tool for me. I can totally reference it and learn the different aspects of the aircraft without ever taking my VR HMD off.

I use to get very frustrated when trying to learn a specific aircraft, now I do not and it is quite fun and rewarding.

QhEsH18.jpg

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|