DCS UH-1H control sensitivity...

bradmick

See my hovering video in the tutorial section, I'm not using any curves or lessened saturation. You just have to make small corrections and changes to the cyclic. I'm using the warthog but should be the same for all but the sloppiest joysticks.

The problem with curves is when you need full deflection it gets ramped up towards the end of the joystick travel and things get out of hand very quickly.

Amen to that.

Curves are fine in normal fixed wing because generally the worst that can happen when you suddenly go full deflection on a control surface are easily correctable aerodynamic nasties.

When the cyclic on the huey suddenly goes balls-out due to curvature you might blow your entire rotor assembly off the mast, it's happened to me when I was messing with curves.

I must agree as well. I finally went to no curve at all and was surprised how much easier it is. I still can't hover really well, but the area I am floating around in is very much smaller.

Now I really can't wait for that extension. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

i use curve 10 with saturation of 70 at Y axes and it flies wonderful

with no curve i can hover much easier but in long flights it is to sensitive

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

All the info's been great. I went back to no curve and she's just way to sensitive still. I would say, and after conferring with my old man who's a fellow rotor head and flew hueys as well, the aircraft sensitivity needs to be reduced by at least 50% if maybe a little less. even when you get her to the 'sweet spot' she quickly leaves it and becomes unmanageable. Still working through it, but i'd say as a quick and dirty, 50% reduction or so of the input would be a good starting point.

V/R

Brad

My guess is that there is some issue between pilot control and the blade pitch actuator, as if there was no stabilizer bar and dampener in between. We'll have to wait for the update that will have the stabilizer bar simulated, to draw conclusions.

Edited by Sundowner.pl

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

As we've mentioned on the forums a couple of times, we've made some adjustments to the FM recently and hope to release it to you in an update soon. As a matter of personal opinion, I am very impressed by how much it resembles what we hear from Huey pilots.

Don't expect anything radically different, it's just tuning of what's already there, but the stabilizer bar now has a stronger feel in damping out both cyclic input and abrupt attitude changes. In hover, small attitude changes will result in slip/drift more than pitch and roll, unless input is large enough to push through the damping.

Thanks for those infos, does it also fix the too sensible way to fall in a vortex ring ?

• ED Team

Dont change anything EvilBivol-1 !

I'm used to flying her as she is lol

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yes, the vortex ring "hole" is also more narrow and soft.

Thanks ! :thumbup:

And how will the Patch be distributed? Do we have to wait for a new world update or do you plan on uploading it somewhere?

PilotMI8 announced it for 14...15/05/13 (here), but still no news today :(

Edited by Lib

Dont change anything EvilBivol-1 !

I'm used to flying her as she is lol

We try to focus our changes on feedback from pilots. :)

And how will the Patch be distributed? Do we have to wait for a new world update or do you plan on uploading it somewhere?

DCS World update.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Hopefully we don't have to wait for the next 1.2.5 update to fix the FM, makes me feel like ED wants to push any game fixes in patch Iteration rather than on the fly.. Sounds like they have the tuned FM done or close to done, and we do have the auto updater.... :huh:

Any idea if the "floating/tilting" left to right when flying at speed will be looked at?

Cheers,

Mick. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Keep the faith

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

Hopefully we don't have to wait for the next 1.2.5 update to fix the FM,...

Unfortunately, that seems most likely. Ah well, Metro Last Night was just released. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

We plan to do an autoupdate.

That would be most welcome. Thanks.