DCS: UH-1H Huey Dedicated ScreenShot Thread

NRG-Vampire

I'm really enjoying these antics. :thumbup:

Training abort if input maneuver goes wrong. It is much harder to know and learn abort that land there. :doh:

uh1h06.jpg

uh1h01.jpg

Greetings!

"If adventure is dangerous, try the routine. It is deadly."

Paulo Coelho.

Fun in tight places

g5sq.jpg

g5sq.jpg

g5sq.thumb.jpg.180d5ac123f2a4452f180dd967d015f2.jpg

Edited by Hawk_5

Hawk_5

Modules:

A10C, BS2, FC3, P51, CA, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2

System:

Gigabyte GA-X79UP4 MB, intel 3930k, Coolermaster Siedon 120M liquid cooled, Corsair Vengence Red 16GB 2133Mhz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX680 2GB Super o'clk, intel 520 SSD 240GB,

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HD, Coolermaster Silent Pro 800W PS, Coolermaster CM690 II Case

Is that possible in real?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Is that possible in real?

Normally spoken, no.

The blades simply get stretched out to much due to rotor RPM.

Though, if rotor RPM was to drop significantly, for whatever reason, then it might occur.

Helicopter rotors are quite flexible.

Will also depends on if the rotor blades are of the original type or more modern composite ones.

(the latter being much stiffer)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

• 3 weeks later...

Nice landing! Did the rotor blades eject? I can't see them in shot there.

Hawk_5

Modules:

A10C, BS2, FC3, P51, CA, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2

System:

Gigabyte GA-X79UP4 MB, intel 3930k, Coolermaster Siedon 120M liquid cooled, Corsair Vengence Red 16GB 2133Mhz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX680 2GB Super o'clk, intel 520 SSD 240GB,

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HD, Coolermaster Silent Pro 800W PS, Coolermaster CM690 II Case

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, how you did? Pitching rate is too slow for me to do that. Did you change Joystick Curves? Nice Pic!

Likely a pic just before the blades broke off!

I was doing this on the second day it came out but once you try to get back to normal the blades break off.

To the poster please post a video of the full loop if you're going to claim that you made it. :lol:

:joystick: YouTube :pilotfly:

TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

24393ft (7435m) from ground level, unfortunately landing didn't went that well ;)

Hah, I remember watching you climb to that altitude, to see how high you would get! I was in the server when you were doing it. Saw your landing too, if it was you who I watched, you autorotated and crashed short of the runway. Good job climbing to that altitude though :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A landing that every Huey pilot owes to be able to make.

I saw the screenshots from other members landing on top of the control tower and I thought "Meh, how hard could it be?". Well, it's really damn hard. First try... skids got caught to the ladder (real death trap by the way), dynamic rollover occurred and Huey ended up belly up. But, as they say, practice makes perfect, so here is the result of my efforts.

Edited by derelor
Removed ads

Hi, great video !!!

I would like to know if this repaint of your KA-50 is available to download because she's very awesome, please can you inform me ?

A great thanks in advance, regards.

• 4 weeks later...
Ka-50 VS Uh-1.

and who is the winner?

That video deserves its own thread, amazing how well synchronized it is between the two.

I'd say its a draw though, the KA-50 is a bit more crisp and precise, but also has an active stability system that the UH-1H lacks.

Also the pilot has most likely put more hours in the shark then the huey.

So I'm calling it a draw.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)