Pictorial Start-up Guide

Johnny Dioxin

I have added the UH-1H to my start-up guides in pictures, shown as per the start-up tutorial mission in the module.

It's currently only on my website - you will be able to download it in zipped format from the DCS website once it has been authorised - I will post the link here.

In the meantime...

LINK

Any comments welcome, as always.

Okay - here's the DCS website download page:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1797846/

Edited by Brixmis
link added
  • Like 2

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Officially, very likely - but I don't know the exact times for various lights - you'd have to look on proper checklists or advisaries for those.

Usually the beacon light comes on before start-up as a warning that you will be starting up. Further than that, I can't say for definite other than using common sense.

Lights are often also dictated by tactical situation (e.g. on a forward FARP you are likely to be keeping lights to a minimum as well as when inserting troops etc).

The chap to ask about that is the pilot we have somewhere here, with 11,000 hours logged :)

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Officially, very likely - but I don't know the exact times for various lights - you'd have to look on proper checklists or advisaries for those.

Usually the beacon light comes on before start-up as a warning that you will be starting up. Further than that, I can't say for definite other than using common sense.

Lights are often also dictated by tactical situation (e.g. on a forward FARP you are likely to be keeping lights to a minimum as well as when inserting troops etc).

The chap to ask about that is the pilot we have somewhere here, with 11,000 hours logged :)

Brixmis is correct... Beacon and nav/recognition lights on before start. Normally they will stay on the whole flight unless mission calls for lights out.

Impressed!! Well done!! Thanks.

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

• 2 weeks later...

Please note that the file has been updated as I had duplicated one of the steps in error (switching on the VHF radio - small mistake, but...)

An audio checklist is in the works and will be uploaded soon.

Kneeboard Guides

• 4 weeks later...

You're most welcome.

Please note that the guides that were on my website are currently unavailable, as the website is being completely redesigned. They will be available once again when the new site is up (which may be a few weeks yet).

Apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Kneeboard Guides