Just wonder if the Migs have been improved FM wise or is it just the the R-77?

fergrim

Yeah I have the Su-33, Su 27 and F15 standalones but I skipped the ones without an updated flight model despite being pretty interested in the migs.

Reading the patch notes I know I saw them mentioned but I didn't have time to suss out what exactly was said.

Is the R-77 now working properly? how about the Mig-29 flight model? Or maybe even both?

Now if I need to own the pack to have access to the J-11a and if the Mig-29 is fixed, well I guess I might just finally have to buy it. At least it's on sale so I feel less like I bought things twice.

Thanks a lot,

fergrim

And on a side note just wondering if the chinese assets pack is something separate, and if so is it available now? It's hard to trust steam but i didn't see it on there when I looked

Edited by fergrim

how about the Mig-29 flight model?

Mig's PFM is not there yet. But if you like the aircraft just buy it now (and support the devs) and fly - even the SFM is decent enough to enjoy the module. When it's ready it'll be upgraded for free.

Some Chinese assets are added for free into DCS World and some for those who already own the specific modules or FC3 pack (ie. J-11A).

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

But the R-77 is now functioning how it should?

That might be enough to get me into the mig.

My only real issue is that since I already bought the SU-33, F15 and SU-27 separately - it's a tough pill to swallow to paid 25 for the migs and j-11

I also have the A-10c already so I mean, no harm, i'm a completionist but still I rarely have gaming money to spend so I'm trying to decide wisely

Depending on what you mean by "working as it should", the R77 is a great weapon when used under the right circumstances, similar to all missiles in DCS is a bit short legged but gives you a great fire and forget weapon and you can carry i think up to 4 of them (6 maybe?). So definetely is working, unless you expect those 50mn wikipedia figures, then you will be dissapointed, its more a weapon for the 15/20mn range (25/30 at high speed high level fight)

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

I'm referring to the changes mentioned in the patch notes, and honestly, i'm not convinced they are short legged..

I know in the past the R-77 was simply not working as intended and the patch notes reference a number of changes to how they they are launched

And I'd sooner believe that Wiki's fact checked information comes from the brochure for prospective missile buyers and that their figures assume the absolute most ideal confluence of circumstance imaginable

I'm referring to the changes mentioned in the patch notes, and honestly, i'm not convinced they are short legged..

I know in the past the R-77 was simply not working as intended and the patch notes reference a number of changes to how they they are launched

And I'd sooner believe that Wiki's fact checked information comes from the brochure for prospective missile buyers and that their figures assume the absolute most ideal confluence of circumstance imaginable

As i told you before, the R77 works right now. Yesterday i played 1 missions of the "over the hump" Mig29 campaign and an instant action mission also from the Mig29 and my R77 shot down several enemy airplanes. Can't talk about MP though since i never take the Mig29 there.

The MIG-29 have a problem with the RWR lights which are not visible (the ones that turn on/off counter-clockwise depending the distance of the emiting aircraft), you will need a mod to solve that problem. The lights of ADI and HSI are not working either.