Is Mirage control supposed to be this 'static'?

aleader

Trying it on the free trial. I set up the controls as I always do and right away noticed some serious 'lag' in the Mirage controls. It seems very stiff and unresponsive compared to other planes (i.e. I need to pull/push back very hard to get it to lift or descend...roll seems ok). I thought my control setup may be to blame, so I put curves at 0, eliminated deadzone and reset and re-did everything, tried stable and open beta, same thing. I am able to get it to 6G in turns, but it just seems like it takes a lot of force to do it. Is this normal? Fly-by-wire thing?

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

Fly-by-wire thing?

That seems to be the case. FBW planes also usually actively counter most inertia, so they feel a lot more "on rails".

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

That seems to be the case. FBW planes also usually actively counter most inertia, so they feel a lot more "on rails".

Is the F18 not also FBW though? Flies very differently, for me at least. If that's just how it is, ok...I'll just have to get used to it.

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

Have you checked your "AA/Charges" FBW config switch? In "Charges" you're limited to 5.5G's iirc.

AA config is only for air-to-air loadout (2 S530D and 2 magics) with an empty or no center external fuel tank. You should be able to pull 9G's in this mode.

Edited by Graves0922

Have you checked your "AA/Charges" FBW config switch? In "Charges" you're limited to 5.5G's iirc.

AA config is only for air-to-air loadout (2 S530D and 2 magics) with an empty or no center external fuel tank. You should be able to pull 9G's in this mode.

Yah, that's probably it, I'll check thanks.