[OLD BUG REPORTS] Cleaning and Organization of old posts

RAZBAM_ELMO

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.

When you TWS (PID) lock a contact often other contacts will disappear. Whether the contacts other than the locked contact reappear or not depends on the pitch of the aircraft which seems incorrect. Furthermore a contact locked next to another contact which is the same altitude will disappear even when the radar is still locking TWS (PID) locking the original contact.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create Mission with two aircraft out in front of the mirage that are at the same altitude as each other.

2. TWS (PID) lock one of the contacts.

3. If the other contact disappears then pitch up and down until it can be seen again. If it doesn't disappear then pitch up and down until it disappears to demonstrate the bug.

Workaround:

Fly your plane like a dolphin and bounce up and down to detect contacts other than the one you have TWS (PID) locked.

Please see the attached video for a clearer view on what is happening. Also attached is the track of the same recording.

Thank you.

JNelson

Hi,

when using GBU-12 on M2000C, I can set them but after release, the bomb has disappeared ... I can't see it with F6 key and it never hits something. I release the bomb when climbing a little bit (diamond center is up than 3°).

I use a script so I need to test without.

But when using GBU-16 no problem.

Regards

Edited by sunski34

Here is a track...

Unfortunately it looks like the track doesn't play back correctly on my PC as it is very short.

Tacview shows you roll/dive to designate the target area and then release a GBU-12 in level 1g flight (400 CAS / 500 TAS @ 15,600ft).

On weapon release, the bomb appears inside the aircraft (rather than below) and 1 second later, strikes the aircraft.

The track then ends (likely due to DCS recording both bomb and aircraft as destroyed).

IIRC I used to have issues in 1.5.x with Mk-82/GBU-12's when they were mounted on the center rack.

Tested in DCS Open Beta 2.5.6.45915

Edited by Ramsay
Add detail

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

@Lorthirk : I'm sure, several tests done before opening that thread, and test with another people on its own PC. So it's a real problem

@Ramsay : In my case, no bomb no strike ... but one bomb less on aircraft racks. I can reproduce that easily like in the video(one time on two nearly). I will do another track more longer with external view... But, the problem doesn't exist with GBU16... That is strange.

Test on last OB too.

Edited by sunski34

@Ramsay : In my case, no bomb no strike ... but one bomb less on aircraft racks. I can reproduce that easily like in the video(one time on two nearly).

Unfortunately I can't reproduce using your mission, all 4 bombs released cleanly and were viewable with F6.

As the bombs on the wing roots release first, my speculation on the center line stores was erroneous.

DCS Open Beta 2.5.6.45915

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

We have the issue regularly in our squadron, but quite randomly. It only happens with 4xGBU-12 load out, not with 2x GBU-12. That's why i guess you don't have it with GBU-16 as you can't load 4 of them. We mainly have it in Multiplayer.

I have the issue with the first GBU-12 released, sometime with the 2nd, but never with the 3rd and 4th GBU-12 that are mounted on dual rack on center station.

When loading 4xGBU-12 you can see on VTB, with PRES function on PPA, that only 3xGBU-12 are displayed as EL1, whereas you get a '---' for the fourth one.

Initially, IRL, only the 2xGBU-12 loadout was valid. The 4xGBU-12 loadout has been validated only in 2015. Not sure how Razbam approached it.

There is clearly an issue with the 4xGBU-12 load out, but hard to reproduce on a constant basis, at least on my part.

Edited by Steph21

Hey guys, good news !

Zeus said on discord that he fixed the radar PPI lock bug, the PID additional contact display bug, and the wrong visualisation of the antenna altitude and elevation.

Only the PPI fix would make it in the next update.

Waiting the the update to test the fixes :)

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Hey guys, good news !

Zeus said on discord that he fixed the radar PPI lock bug, the PID additional contact display bug, and the wrong visualisation of the antenna altitude and elevation.

Great news !

Noticed yesterday that Master Arm switch impacts PCA mode when weapon is selected on PCA. It shouldn't. Will post a track tonight.

So, I did several more tests, 10 tests with 2 GBU12 on central pylon (5) and 10 tests 2 GBU12, one on each pylon (3) and (7).

No problem when GBU-12 are on central pylon (like GBU16), but one problem (on 10 tries) when GBU12 are on pylons (3) and (7).

So I think there's effectively a random problem when GBU12 are on pylons (3) and (7). You've right Steph.

Perhaps that last configuration is not valid for M2000C. I will set GBU12 on the central pylon only for my missions. I will do more tests with 2 GBU12 on pylon (5) to be sure.

Note that those tests have been done with my script active ;)

But I need Razbam confirmation !

Thanks

Edited by sunski34

It happened to me yesterday as well, I thought it came from the buddy lasing as it's a thing IRL to loose the spot but with a 4*GBU12 loadout, 2 of them didn't give me splashes and nowhere to be found??

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

Hi,

i have passed this to the testers to look at.

I shall come back asap :)

Ok thank you for your return...

If you need more info, do not hesitate...

So wait for feedback ;)

@Madone : I did my tests without spotting, to be sure there is no link between spot and GBU release.

Sunski

Edited by sunski34

Master Arm changing PCA mode when ground weapon selected:

When selecting a ground weapon or AG Canon on PCA, selecting Attack mode with WSC Fwd and then clicking WSC Aft, it set PCA back into NAV mode. But then when setting Master Arm to ON, PCA mode is set to Attack Mode.

Master Arm shouldn't impact PCA mode.

Track attached

Master Arm affecting PCA mode.trk

Hey guys, good news !

Doesn't seem to have made the cut, as i still have issue locking with PPI when target is not in the center on the VTB. Just a made a quick test though.

Do you still have the issue too guys in latest OB?

Edited by Steph21

Hi Decoy,

that's strange because it's easy to reproduce with the mission I sent. Just climb a little before release it (diamond around 3°).

With 2 ou 4 GBU? More difficult with 2 GBU under wings.... 1/10 but with 4 bombs 1/2 or 1/3 ... I can send a new track without script if necessary. It's a random problem !!

Thanks

@DECOY : As Steph21 said, you can see a problem on VTB when carring 4 GBU12.

Here is pictures extract from the mission I sent. You can see that there's a pb on rack (3) I think, no bomb. But, as you can see in mission configuration and external view, 4 bombs are carried.

In that case two possibility : when the bomb on rack (7) is released, no problem for the first strike but, when the bomb on rack (3) is released problem ... No bomb.

That is for 4 bombs. I will test for 2 bombs on racks (7) and (3).

Sunski

1429631245_DigitalCombatSimulatorBlackSharkScreenshot2020_04.17-16_05_57_39.thumb.png.253c37d6d1554b3d0e8e96190f83b0da.png

1384888537_DigitalCombatSimulatorBlackSharkScreenshot2020_04.17-16_06_45_73.thumb.jpg.21f6f6a3c83d6e9b2cdc1fef6343b8ca.jpg

463904397_DigitalCombatSimulatorBlackSharkScreenshot2020_04.17-16_07_07_57.thumb.png.162ccc63de715cab19f32446304d2270.png