Issue with Track Playback

Bananimal

Hi Guys,

I have an issue I don't know how to resolve. I've got three track files. The first one plays back fine when I load it in the replay console in DCS. Oculus head tracking functions fine. Recorded that file using ShadowPlay and it's perfect.

Then I load the next track. At the map screen I press Pause/Break as I did with the first mission and about 20 seconds later the mission loads in the cockpit. I click the FLY button and everything seems alive, Clock is counting down on the F-18 HUD, engines are running, strobes are on, but all AI aircraft are frozen in air or on ramp, strobes and engines running. Nothing moves on my aircraft. It's as if the track is waiting for me to unpause it, but when I hit Pause/Break, the replay truly pauses and engines sounds stop as well as strobes on all aircraft, including mine.

I really need to get this track recorded. What the heck?

I have the Inferno script in the mission file and even tried stripping out the script from the track file and reloading the track. The script still runs in the track file though. I'm wondering if that is what's causing the issues. I don't think so because the same script is in the first mission that loads right up.

Edited by Bananimal

Bananimal's DCS Mods and Skins

No one has any idea what might cause the track to load but all assets are frozen with engines and lights running?

I wish I could help, but it is my take to never rely on the Track recording/saving that DCS employs...their recording of inputs from the original recorder so you can jump in, is garbage as far as I'm concerned...if they'd just forget the "Jumping into" the track to take control, I really don't think they'd have this much trouble....I also use ShadowPlay and get great results

Perhaps you could bring us a copy of the DCS-logs from C:\User\<you>\Saved Games\DCS

I'm not entirely sure whats going on either.

I could try to reproduce the issue on my end, but I'm not sure whether you want to share those files if they are of a sensitive nature for your channel.

You could of course try to reach out to Support, create a ticket. But it may take a few days for support and you to work this out.

And :thumbup: for you guys hosting those impressions & videos, loving them. Big thank you.

Edited by Panzertard

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning