Simpit Software from SDA

HJPuhlmann

DCS ExportScript

DCS ExportScript

The DCS ExportScript makes it possible to transfer data from the individual DCS modules from DCS World to other software. It is also possible to transfer data from external to the DCS modules *.

The DCS ExportScript is modular, consisting of the actual export script and individual module specific files.

The following DCS modules are currently supported.

• A-10A (Flaming Cliffs 3)
  • A-10C
  • AJS37 Viggen
  • BF-109-K
  • F-15C (Flaming Cliffs 3)
  • F-5E
  • F-86F Sabre
  • FW-190D9
  • KA-50
  • L-39C
  • L-39ZA
  • Mi-8MTV2
  • MiG-15Bis
  • MiG-21Bis
  • MiG-29A (Flaming Cliffs 3)
  • MiG-29G (Flaming Cliffs 3)
  • MiG-29S (Flaming Cliffs 3)
  • P-51D
  • Spitfire LF Mk IX
  • SU-25A (Flaming Cliffs 3)
  • SU-25T (Flaming Cliffs 3)
  • SU-27 (Flaming Cliffs 3)
  • SU-33 (Flaming Cliffs 3)
  • TF-51D
  • UH-1H

The following types of data are exported:

Data of the analog gauges for Ikarus.

Data from digital 7-segment displays for Ikarus and D.A.C. .

Status or warning lamp data for Ikarus and D.A.C. .

In addition, the contents of the Ka-50 Ekran and the A-10C CDU display can be exported and displayed in Ikarus.

What we can not export are all types of screens, e.g. MFCD, Shkval, ABRIS, the screens of the F-15C (TEWS, radar, weapon panel) or the A-10A (RWR), the MiG-21 radar screen, ...

The following types of data can be imported.

Simulated buttons, toggle switches, rotary switches and rotary knobs by Ikarus.

Real buttons, toggle switches, rotary switches and rotary knobs (potentiometers or encoders) via the Arcaze USB card from D.A.C ..

* All Flamming Cliffs 3 aircraft currently do not support data reception.

You can configure the export script in a variety of ways so that it only does what you need.

Because the export script sends the data via a network connection, Ikarus and D.A.C. can also process the data on a different Windows PC.

Download:

DCS ExportScript

Manual

Edited by McMicha

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• DCS ExportScript
  • D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator

D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator

With D.A.C., it is possible to use one or more Arcaze USB cards and expansion modules for data input and output.

The Arcaze USB cards are manufactured and marketed by Simple Solutions (Germany).

The Arcaze card itself can be used to connect all types of pushbuttons and switches (max. 40), potentiometer (max. 6) and encoders (max. 20). DCS can thereby be controlled.

In addition, the Arcaze card can be used to address up to 40 LEDs (only low current LEDs).

Additional expansion modules allow you to address more LEDs or 7-seqment displays.

For LEDs there is either the "LED Driver 2" or the "LED Driver3" module.

With both, 48 LEDs can be connected and up to 16 modules can be connected in series.

In the "LED Driver 3", each LED can be individually dimmed.

For the 7-Seqment display, there is the "Display Driver 32" module. Up to 32 individual digits can be connected to a maximum of 8 display groups.

Two "Display Driver 32" modules can be connected per Arcaze card.

In order to exploit all these possibilities of the hardware, we have the software D.A.C. written.

With D.A.C., a separate configuration can be created for each aircraft, in which it is then precisely defined which Arcaze/module is to be displayed. Furthermore, it is also possible to define which switches at which Arcaze triggers which function in the aircraft.

All DCS modules supported by DCS ExportScript are also supported by D.A.C..

An exception is the Flaming Cliffs 3 aircraft, where no data from D.A.C. can be transferred to the aircraft.

Download:

D.A.C.

If new modules are released, or if existing modules are expanded, we will be updating new profiles.

Check out our GitHub page.

Edited by McMicha

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

Ikarus a new virtual cockpit software

Ikarus a new virtual cockpit software

Ikarus is our answer to the ongoing question of support for the new aircraft in HELIOS or HawgTouch.

Since the original developers of HELIOS and HawgTouch stopped the maintenance of your projects due to time and lack of interest, we had decided on our own solution.

Ikarus currently offers the most instruments for over 23 aircrafts and helicopters from DCS World.

We have endeavored to accurately display all the gauges from the respective front panels and provide them with the appropriate data from the simulation.

Ikarus not only displays the gauges but also warning lamps and displays.

In addition, Ikarus (except for Flaming Cliffs aircraft) supports the input of virtual buttons, (multi) switches and rotary knobs via mouse and touch screen.

Ikarus is like D.A.C. network transparent and can do the output to another Windows computer.

List of supported modules:

• A-10A (Flaming Cliffs 3)
  • A-10C
  • AJS37 Viggen
  • BF-109-K
  • F-15C (Flaming Cliffs 3)
  • F-5E
  • F-86F Sabre
  • FW-190D9
  • KA-50
  • L-39C
  • L-39ZA
  • Mi-8MTV2
  • MiG-15Bis
  • MiG-21Bis
  • MiG-29A (Flaming Cliffs 3)
  • MiG-29G (Flaming Cliffs 3)
  • MiG-29S (Flaming Cliffs 3)
  • P-51D
  • Spitfire LF Mk IX
  • SU-25A (Flaming Cliffs 3)
  • SU-25T (Flaming Cliffs 3)
  • SU-27 (Flaming Cliffs 3)
  • SU-33 (Flaming Cliffs 3)
  • TF-51D
  • UH-1H

For all supported modules there are the important gauges of the front panel.

The data is accurately taken from DCS and displayed on the monitor.

An exception here are the Flaming Cliffs 3 aircraft, here the data are only average, partly calculated and do not always correspond to the display from the game.

For each supported module, we have created a basic profile that shows only the instruments. Everyone can build up their own profile, and also use buttons and switches.

For the A-10C, the Ka-50 and the F-5E there are already extended profiles, see the pictures.

As a special feature, we have integrated the CDU display of the A-10C in Ikarus.

In addition, Ikarus offers the possibility to create its own Kneeboard and display it within Ikarus. The data is not from DCS World, but from a folder structure within the Ikarus folder.

Download:

Ikarus

picture.php?albumid=1308&pictureid=8554

A-10C Front-Panel

picture.php?albumid=1308&pictureid=8556 picture.php?albumid=1308&pictureid=8555

A-10C Radio-Panel A-10C CDU/TACAN-Panel

picture.php?albumid=1308&pictureid=8558

Ka-50 Front-Panel

Edited by McMicha

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Very nice Sir :thumbup: Thank you very much for sharing your great work. Looks very interesting especially the support new moduls and well as for future ones.

From looks of the screenshot it appears that the CDU is not done via Viewport but by exporting the data?

Again this looks very good and a very nice Christmas present :thumbup:

I kindly suggest Admit to make this a Sticky

Cheers

Hans

oh and rep inbound :smilewink:

Thank you very much McMicha for this alternative to Helios which is not supported any more by Gadroc:thumbup:

As having performance issues (extremly slow gauges) with running Helios and Opencockpits-Hardware together controled by needed SIOC.exe, i will try this one out when having time again.

Such nice pieces of software should always be welcome to the comunity:music_whistling:

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

Did you say you can export the 7 segment displays to show on a second screen?

Yes, see the screenshots... A-10C front-panel: bottom right, the radio frequency or Ka-50 front-panel: weapon panel and EKRAN with text...

• Like 1

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

From looks of the screenshot it appears that the CDU is not done via Viewport but by exporting the data?...

Thank you for the praise.

Yes, the CDU is exported as pure data. Therefore, it does not always look like 100% as in the original.

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Thank you very much McMicha for this alternative to Helios which is not supported any more by Gadroc:thumbup:

As having performance issues (extremly slow gauges) with running Helios and Opencockpits-Hardware together controled by needed SIOC.exe, i will try this one out when having time again.

Such nice pieces of software should always be welcome to the comunity:music_whistling:

Thanks for the praise, but HJPuhlmann aka Heinz to appertain praise.

He programmed Ikarus.

How good Ikarus works together with SIOC, you have to try!

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Thanks for the praise, but HJPuhlmann aka Heinz to appertain praise.

He programmed Ikarus.

How good Ikarus works together with SIOC, you have to try!

Without your knowledge of DCS I could not have done it.:beer:

Heinz

Intel i7 3930k | 16 GB | GTX 980 | TrackIR 5 Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind| Win 10 x64 |

Simpit Software by SDA"SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• Ikarus A Cockpit Designer
  • DCS ExportScript

https://github.com/s-d-a/DAC

https://github.com/s-d-a/Ikarus

https://github.com/s-d-a/DCS-ExportScripts

Ikarus forum thread

Nice work! I like Ikarus easier to understand and line things up.I personally had alittle trouble understanding the Helios thing. And I was a little slow on understanding where to place the export file.I guess I was placing the wrong folder in the right spot I am not LUA expert. But I got it to work and have a few questions.

First when you designed the Front panel dash for the A10c what would be the optimum screen size for the dash to be close to 1.1 scale of the real aircraft or close. Right now I have MFCD's cougars strapped to a 23in monitor and have to use the front panel without MFCD bezel to resize the MFCD export to fit the cougars size?

Second, The "NMSP - ABLE-STOW ADI Localizer Bar" switch I can't grab and move it. It just jumps around the screen never landing in the spot I want it to. I have had the problem with the other buttons,but the easy work around is enlarge the button click and drag slowly. But this button doesn't respond to any click and drag. Its a FYI actually, it might be a bug maybe not. I am technically using Ikarus for the front dash gauges don't really need the buttons to push on the dash. So its not a real big deal just thought I mention it. Maybe i missed something. Heres a pic of my progress. Thanks!

3836755.jpg

Edited by Brewnix

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Doum76: You can export the cargo cam through the viewports, but not with Ikarus.

@Brewnix:

1. You must try it for yourself, that also depends yes size of the monitor.

2. Bouncing objects at moving, is a known problem.

Increase the switch (scale), then does not bounce. Or determine the position in which you change the coordinates.

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Ikarus is great and I could not make my L-39 cockpit without it. I do hope bugs in the L-39 gauges are corrected. Namely the HSI course needle is off center when in use and the PPD-2 distance counter "10" number is coded incorrectly (numbers go " 92,91,80, 89, 88, etc." - the ten number does not rotate as the others do, it just flips). Also VSI gauge numbers are incorrect from the original ("2" should be "10", etc.).

Not bashing Helios. Love it too.

Best wishes,

If you were to link it with outputs to Phidget's libraries, I would gladly pay for it.

Edited by JG14_Smil

Ikarus is great and I could not make my L-39 cockpit without it. I do hope bugs in the L-39 gauges are corrected. Namely the HSI course needle is off center when in use and the PPD-2 distance counter "10" number is coded incorrectly (numbers go " 92,91,80, 89, 88, etc." - the ten number does not rotate as the others do, it just flips). Also VSI gauge numbers are incorrect from the original ("2" should be "10", etc.).

Not bashing Helios. Love it too.

Best wishes,

If you were to link it with outputs to Phidget's libraries, I would gladly pay for it.

I do not think it's our problem anymore. The graphic for the HSI is now in order and the incoming values as well. I simulated that.

You are specialized in the L-39?

What do you mean with "10" number is coded incorrectly? Have you a picture?

Edited by HJPuhlmann

Heinz

Intel i7 3930k | 16 GB | GTX 980 | TrackIR 5 Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind| Win 10 x64 |

• DCS ExportScript

Ikarus forum thread

A profile for the Viggen would also be very much appreciated. Actually something I would pay for :thumbup:

I have not bought the Viggen yet. That's why I can not promise much. If we get the necessary data, then it would be possible.

Heinz

• DCS ExportScript

Ikarus forum thread

Would be great if you guys could collaborate with Sgt_Baker and his ultraMFCD project to get all the video exports in as well. A one stop solution for all cockpits would be fantastic.

That could be. But the bigger a project becomes, the slower it becomes. Maybe in the future.

Edited by HJPuhlmann

Heinz

• DCS ExportScript

Ikarus forum thread

Hi

Would it be possible to add support for the M2000C ?

Thanks

This is not yet possible. We have not received any data from the M2000C yet. In the future this will of course be possible.

Edited by HJPuhlmann

Heinz

• DCS ExportScript

Ikarus forum thread