Nvidia settings

Quekel

Just did a full reinstall, and I was wondering what the advised nvdia control panel or nvidia inspector settings are to get best performance/quality.

What’s your PC specs mate?

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

Just did a full reinstall, and I was wondering what the advised nvdia control panel or nvidia inspector settings are to get best performance/quality.

Put your *complete* system specs in your signature, and it'll be real easy for anyone to answer this type of question for you in the future.

But for now? Sorry, we haven't got a clue.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Sorry put it in my signature :)

That helps a lot :) You should also post your screen resolution.

Anyway, looks like a pretty good system.

Try setting everything on max, except:

-no MSAA.

-SSAA at 1.5 (or try Nvidia DSR at maybe 2x DSR Factor, might perform better)

-Shadows on Medium

-Terrain Shadows on Flat

-Civilian Traffic on Low or Medium

-Water on Medium (important, it looks about the same but performs much better than High)

...and see how she goes :)

Peace

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

To answer your question :

Power management mode-------prefer maximum performance

The defaults are (i think) otherwise good .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Sorry, thought you meant DCS settings :)

In NVCP, I find leaving everything at "Application Controlled" works best for DCS (and everything else, too.)

I also leave Power Management at Adaptive. Putting it on Prefer Maximum Performance only gives 2 GPU speed steps, but it really doesn't make any difference, since the GPU will be running at full speed all the time anyway. Honestly, I'm not sure why the NVCP has different settings for GPU power management, since the GPU will run at whatever speed it has to to meet the target framerate (up to the max, of course.)

AD

Kit: