Profiles directory (HOTAS, TrackIR, TouchBuddy, VAC etc.)

how to set the saitek x45 with flaming cliffs2?

Please suggest file profiles or tutorial

Thanks in advance

Ok, I am not ready to throw in the towel on my X-45 yet. I have been experimenting with profile lua’s (make copies of originals before hand) and think I might have solved something but…I need the original (F-15C FC2.lua) file:helpsmilie:. The one I have is so jacked up it’s not funny, so if anyone could tell me how to get it I think I may be able to make the 45 work. Some of the other issues are in the drop down list of all the possible buttons you can assign. It list over a hundred or so for the X-45, I need to find out where they match up on the stick it’s self. Long task ahead. The only other way I know of getting the original lua is to reinstall the game, and I don’t want to do that…used two activations already.:doh:

Scr_10-08-04_19-00-45.png

Can anyone tell me why this is happening in my profiles? The areas that should be programmable are not… can’t be. This is always changing when different profiles are loaded, even when the default .lua is loaded.

Edited by Willy p.

44th_Willy p.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://44thvfw.org

Got my X65F the other day and have been working on setting it up. Now after having an X45for 6 years+, the 65 is a BIG leap forward. So far I have been working just a few hours a day to input commands and test them to make sure they function correctly. My first brick wall is this, the printable “Key Command List” for FC2 has the key press strokes in the wrong order: example, Weapon Release= Space+RAlt…not so Weapon Release= RAlt+Space. If done the printed way you will get a long continuous cannon burst. If you use the ST program some commands that use a combination of keys are not working after being profiled, so bottom line is I’m still working this out. Any help or suggestions are welcomed.

Info needed:

1) How to use mini stick to control Target Designator

2) How to setup shiftstate like the “pinky switch” on the X45

3) How to set rotary for zoom

Now I had all this setup on my X45, but can’t remember how to do it.

44th_Willy p.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, if you already had (most of, or all) the commands entered and working for your X-45, see Bucic's post above (#21 in this thread) as to how to import those commands from (for example) your X-45 profile to your X-65F profile. (Aassuming you were using the latest SST version with your X-45, which I'm not sure is even supported)

If you did not have that setup, or it wasn't supported... you could still grab a profile from someone else, even if it was for an X-52, and import the key commands from it in to your X-65F profile. Could save a lot of work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Yep, different version of SST and some commands (tricks) have been forgotten. But that being said and a lot of hours (trial and error) later I have programmed the X65F. Now I’m in the refining phase making sure I put the commands where they suite me best. Profile to be posted when finished, this stick was intimidating at first, now it’s just awesome!

44th_Willy p.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

FuncRef/StartCheck + StickDiagram/Profile (X52pro)

If you're looking for a good profile for the X52pro and don't frequent the beta forums, you can find it HERE. I added a function reference table for the HOTAS switches and a startup checklist to the stick diagram.

Retrieve the pic and profile THERE, as I may update it from time to time. If you see any problems with it, please post in that thread. I can use feedback. If you just want the HOTAS ref card, it's HERE.

newx52a10cwarthog.jpg

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

• 3 weeks later...

Here are my profiles HOTAS Warthog TARGET Script Editor profiles. The files are with comments so it should be clear of what it does.

Note that you might want to remove the SetKBLayout(KB_FR); at the beginning of each .tmc files, but my guess is that it should still work with it. Get back to me if you have questions, I'll try my best to help you.

Blackshark :

Blackshark.zip

SU25T :

SU25T.zip

DCS-A10C :

DCSA10_simple.zip

This one is a bit trickier to install :

1. Extract files

2. Copy Thrusmaster Combined {REPLACE WITH YOUR NUMBERS}.lua to your Config\Input\Aircrafts\A-10C\joystick\ directory

3. Open with TARGET Script EDITOR DCSA10.tmc and run it

4. Launch DCSA10-C game

5. Go to options->control and modify one bind for the Thrusmaster Combined joystick.

6. Exit game

7. Go back to Config\Input\Aircrafts\A-10C\joystick\ directory and locate the Thrusmaster Combined file with your numbers, rename it to something else but keep the numbers visible. Copy/paste the number sequence from your file to the one I've given you.

Launch DCS-A10 and enjoy. Now you can bind Teamspeak and change some stuff to whatever you want.

Edited by FZG_Kes
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

131st VFS 'Death Vipers' - Sitar

Hey kez, how do u get the blackshark profile to work? Is it a target profile or an ingame profile?

Ta.

It's meant to be used with Target Script Editor. Just open with Target Script Editor the .tmc file, launch DCS:Blackhsark, clear all the buttons assignement under the Thrustmaster Combined category, assigned the axis as you need.

The .ttm files contains all the definitions of the key bindings, and I've assigned them in the .tmc file, open both files, they are commented and you should easily understand those.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

131st VFS 'Death Vipers' - Sitar

"The .ttm files contains all the definitions of the key bindings, and I've assigned them in the .tmc file, open both files, they are commented and you should easily understand those."

Cant get this to work though. I can open 2 pdf files that show default bindings, not very helpful :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Updated shark hog profile (run from script editor now)

**edit** small bug in fuel switch function found and squished ;)

please update your TMC file with the one from the RAR file

Here is an updated version of my BS Hog profile..

Change log v1.1

Additions

---------

I have added functions (mostly to aid manual start-ups), since in BS most of the switches are stateless, (i.e. Same button controls on and off states), there is no way to determine the state of a switch at game launch, so for these controls I am assuming cold start. If you start with engines running or airborne, then my advice would be not to operate the engine controls as they will work back to front, (or worse as they manipulate the switch covers as well so you may see some craziness). If I can figure a way of reading button state at launch I can fix this.

(switch controls also open/close switch caps)

Throttle flaps control now controls throttle (Up-Idle, MR-Medium, DN-auto). I have not added a “full” as AFAIK it’s not often used. I can change this later if necessary.

Fuel L/R NORM/OVERRIDE switches now control engine shutoff valves. (Before mission start make sure switches are in “override” position).

ENGINE OPER switches now control both L/R engine governors and L/R engine cut-off valves. (Before mission cold start make sure switches are in central “NORM” position).

UP (momentary) – open engine governor switch flap, activate engine governor, close flap.

Down – open engine cut-off. (Switch stays down. Move to mid to close cut-off and flick up to disengage engine governors at shutdown.

APU Start – (start in down position)

UP – APU Fuel shutoff open. (You must manually start the APU as normal).

DOWN, stop APU, close APU fuel shutoff

Modified functions

------------------

TMS –UP lock target. Removed PULSE command so now holding up will allow unlock/slew to finely tune target.

SHKVAL View. Having spent a month trying to control the shkval with the slew control I have given up. It’s just not accurate or sensitive enough in this sim. I have moved fine SHKVAL control to the coolie hat. It’s stiffer but by god it gets the job done better.

I recommend using HMS for rough aim then Coolie hat for fine adjustment.

Spotlight slew– moved to slew control

Trim reset. Removed from H1-up-long. It was interfering with longer trim usage and is not modelled in the RL BS. Plus you can manually re-trim easily.

China hat tracking gate resize. PULSE command removed for faster gate resize with held position.

Boat switch. Added basic logic to tighten up control;

Aft – target reset (cage shkval)

Mid – uncage shkval (if it isn’t already) / wide FOV

Fwd – narrow fov

Now you can start with it in any position and it will act accordingly.

To do.....

----------

As I learn the sim more, (or re-learn in my forced A-10 hiatus), especially cold starts, I find tying the hog throttles switches to engine / fuel switches is a real help. I am avoiding dual virtual switch control from a single real switch as this would be cheating ;)

LASTE – path/alt/alt-hdg switch. Not sure what to do with this. I could try and ‘A-10-erize’ it but the fact is that the shark and hogs AP mechanisation is very different so I don’t see any point. Suggestions welcome. I hate a wasted switch!

USB codes so they work on any nationality keyboard

EAC on/off - Currently set to MASTER ARM as I like a proper “thunk” when I arm weapons ;) It may be more realistic to set this switch to the ‘K-041 targeting/navigation power switch’. As I use ‘Jojo's Black Shark Profile for Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack’ for my mfd’s, I don’t really need another MASTER ARM switch

Rotor brake – I keep forgetting it in the cockpit. I may map something for it, but as it’s only used once..... The HOTAS is for often used vital commands and the rotor brake does not qualify.....

Changelog v1.0

1. Abandoned TARGET GUI and converted to pure script
  2. Accompanying Macro .TTM file for enhanced readability
  3. Higher res JPG reference image
  4. Changed cannon to TG1
  5. Added LONG commands to add functionality to H2 for gun / ammo commands
  6. Added H1 snap views (**still testing this)
  7. Flight director toggle on Mic switch with other AP modes
  8. Added logic function to control pinky switch for external lighting regimes;

·
Pinky forward, activates combined landing/take-off lighting mode

·
Pinky aft activates formation / night time lighting mode

·
Pinky centre simulates FENCE check lighting, (all off)

To do...

1. Now I have got my head round scripting and conditionals, I will code throttle fuel flow, engine oper and APU start switches to control similar in shark to facilitate cold starts.
  2. I am toying with adding quick interior lighting. nvg lighting commands to LONG commands in H3 to control (cockpit light, NVG lights, Panel lights & Backup ADI light)
  3. I plan to convert all the assignments to USB codes so they work on any nationality keyboard
  4. i have my eye on the flaps control and think it would make a good throttle...

As usual, if anyone has any suggestions, please PM as I may miss something obvious!

Cheers

Coolts

(many thanks to Nicu, Dimebug, Teej and others on the forums for guiding me in the right direction)

picture.php?albumid=439&pictureid=3062

BS profile.rar

Edited by coolts
bug found
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

**EDIT** 1.1 uploaded (see above)

No worries. I will upload v1.1 at the weekend which will have engine cutoff valve controls, and L/R fuel shutoff and engine governor controls. I am going to map them to the hog throttle base FUEL, and ENGINE OPER swiches. It also has working throttle controls using the hog flaps 3-way.

I may change the AP to use the LASTE panel PATH/ALT-HDG/ALT switches as in the hog but that might be a step too far. 'hogging the shark' if you see what i mean.

I am trying to avoid the temptation of adding U/M/D style layers as i did that in my FC2.0 profile and ended up with a telephone directory as a guide ;)

Edited by coolts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

• 5 weeks later...

TM HOTAS COUGAR PROFILE FOR A-10

TM HOTAS COUGAR PROFILE FOR A-10

Please let me know if there are any problems or changes you would like made. This is intended for use with TrackIR and Rudders. But I can make a version without that if anyone wants it.

By the way please check the attached thumbnail before downloading. I have had one or two complaints about the few functions. I have copied the real A10 controls exactly like in the real jet except for a couple of minor differences. I prefer to do it like real pilots. I believe looking for a keyboard switch would be the same distraction a pilot would have going heads down in his cockpit.

Its the way I like to fly OF and now A10.

1027795299_DCSA-10C_DX.jpg.0b69b10751d7c69ddf21438bc9b981ba.jpg

DCS A10-C TM HOTAS COUGAR PROFILE DX Version.zip

Edited by =SAAF=DirtyHarry
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

X52pro Profile for DCS A10C (V 1.0)

I tried to get close to the Warthog HOTAS but the main problem are the missing Cooliehats on the X52pro. If you compair only the 4 way buttons, the Warthog uses:

Stick: 1 Trim, 1 DMS, 1 TMS, 1 CMS

Throttle: 1 Slew Control, 1 Coolie Hat, 1 Mic

+3 3 way switches (Pinky, Boat, China Hat)

My current X52pro profile:

TRIM = POV1 with Pinkie

DMS = POV1

TMS = POV2

CMD = POV2 with Pinkie

The throlle is not so easy to solve:

Slew = Hat

Coolie = Hat with Pinkie

Speed Break = B and B with Pinkie (to close)

Boat = Scroll Wheel

China Hat = Mouse Stick configured as a 3 way button

There are some buttons more configured, I will make a graphic later showing the complete layout. I use TIR so there is no mouse look and even no MIC switch at the moment.

UPDATE:

Documentation: http://www.tmcube.de/gremlins/X52pro_A10C_Profile.pdf

Profile: http://www.tmcube.de/gremlins/A-10C_Warthog.pr0

ToDo: Better graphics in the manual ;-)

Edited by kaos.dll
new version

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Updated 02-28-2011

Uses all the default keys programmed into the CH devices. No need to make any adjustments in game.

Includes 2 separate profiles as an option:

Option 1: In order to accommodate TrackIR and in-game zoom having a dedicated hat, Data Management Target and Management share the same hat and trim has moved to another hat.

Option 2: TrackIR and in-game zoom share the same hat as trim. All buttons on the Fighterstick match in-sim stick.

Profiles made for CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals

Includes Ghost’s CMS file

Uses all default key settings of A-10C

PDF and Excel file of controller layout

In A-10C do the following:

- Assign correct throttle, throttle mini-stick, joystick and rudder axis

- Delete all other non CH joystick assignments

Additional Notes:

In CH Manager program ensure "Mapped Mode" is active. You can have your CH devices start in mapped mode every time you start Windows if you make a shortcut to "CMstart" in your Startup folder in your Start menu. The CMstart program can be found in your CH Manager folder.

TrackIR Center and TrackIR Pause are set on the joystick hat to send joystick button presses. Go into the TrackIR software with the CH profile loaded in memory and assign the TrackIR Center and TrackIR Pause functions (press the joystick button when asked) in the TrackIR software to match.

The Teamspeak Push To Talk button on the joystick is set to use the "Scroll Lock" key of the keyboard. Set up your Teamspeak up to match.

"Gain and Response Setting" for joystick axes and mini stick axes are custom set in the CH Control Manager. Tune to your preference

Download

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2swmvc6yo4jw081